• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok Smarties, What Am I Doing Wrong?

In summary, there are a few common baking issues that can be easily solved. Burnt cookies can be avoided by using the right baking sheet and checking oven temperature. A sunken cake may be caused by overmixing or expired leaveners. Bread dough not rising can be due to old yeast or a cold kitchen. Food sticking to non-stick pans can be prevented by using oil and avoiding metal utensils. Shrinking pie crust can be avoided by chilling the dough, not stretching it, and using pie weights or pricking the bottom before baking.
jenniferlynne
I used to go to my website, right click on pictures, copy them and put them on my invites or newsletters. Now, the pictures are teeny tiny (yes, I've been away for awhile. It may have been this way for awhile), and when I try to enlarge them, they are fuzzy. Is there a way to correct this, or did they do it on purpose so we can't do it? :confused:

Click on the option to view larger. Then copy that picture. It's bigger & not as fuzzy. I noticed that myself when making newsletters a month or two back.

Thank You!!

Related to Ok Smarties, What Am I Doing Wrong?

1. Why are my cookies coming out burnt on the bottom?

There are a few possible reasons for this. First, make sure you are using a good quality baking sheet and not a dark or non-stick one. These tend to heat up more quickly and can cause the bottoms of your cookies to burn. Also, check your oven temperature to make sure it is accurate. If it is too high, your cookies may be cooking too quickly and burning. Finally, try using parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to prevent direct contact between your cookies and the baking sheet.

2. My cake is sinking in the middle, what did I do wrong?

There are a few potential causes for a sunken cake. It could be due to overmixing the batter, opening the oven door too often while baking, or not using the correct size or type of cake pan. It could also be a result of using expired baking powder or baking soda, so make sure your leaveners are fresh. Lastly, make sure to follow the recipe instructions closely and do not make any substitutions unless specified.

3. My bread dough is not rising, what could be the problem?

There are a few factors that can affect the rise of bread dough. First, make sure your yeast is fresh and not expired. Also, double check that you are using the correct type of yeast for your recipe. If your kitchen is too cold, the dough may not rise properly, so try placing it in a warmer spot or using a proofing box. Additionally, make sure to knead the dough for the recommended amount of time to activate the yeast properly.

4. Why is my food sticking to my non-stick pan?

Despite the name, non-stick pans can still have food stick if they are not properly cared for. Make sure to use a small amount of oil or cooking spray before adding food to the pan. Also, avoid using metal utensils that can scratch the non-stick coating. If your pan is scratched or damaged, it may be time to replace it. Lastly, make sure to clean your non-stick pan with a gentle sponge or cloth and avoid using abrasive cleaners.

5. How do I prevent my pie crust from shrinking?

Shrinking pie crust can be frustrating, but there are a few tricks to prevent it. First, make sure to chill your dough before rolling it out. This will help the butter in the dough solidify and prevent it from shrinking in the oven. Also, do not stretch or pull the dough when placing it in the pie dish. If you are pre-baking the crust, make sure to use pie weights or prick the bottom of the crust with a fork to prevent air bubbles from forming. Lastly, avoid overworking the dough, as this can cause it to shrink when baked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Kjurich
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Brenda.the.chef