• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Should I Handle a Large Catalog Order from a Socially Distant Acquaintance?

In summary, Carol's daughter ordered from the host special page 1/2 items for the forge cultery and cookware. Carol is considering whether or not to offer her a show or pay for the order with her credit card as part of her payment.
Humble Beginnings
Not sure where to post this so thought this was the best place. Ok as some of you know I'm a newbie just had 30 days July 7th. So here's my problem I guess if you want to call it that. I've been really trying to work my business, I try to give catelogs to everyone and have decided to do another catelog show for myself. I gave a catelog to my daughters friends mom and she's had it about 3 weeks well yesterday my daughter was there and called screaming "Mommy, you are going to get 800.00 in orders from S mom":sing: I was in awe and couldn't stop smiling. 800.00 from one person! Now I didn't have the order in hand so I was hesitate about doing the "happy banana dance". Well today the friend hands me the order (now I'm doing the "happy dance" in my head) I come home to put the order on right away and add the other orders and close the show. I go to do this and realize that she ordered from the host special page 1/2 items for the forge cultery and cookware. :mad: Now I know some may think wow offer her a show but for some reason I can't warm up to her. She picks up her daughter and never talks to me. One time I went to drop off my girls and she didn't even get off the couch she just waved from there. Then even before this order we were invited by her daughter to come watch fireworks at her home and I thought great I'll get to know her. No luck she didnt' even come out of her room to say "hi" it was awkward . Basically all our communicating has been through our kids.

Sorry now back to my problem. I did some playing around with numbers and since this is my own show and I really do not have the money to buy anything I was thinking, if she chose the 7 piece set I could get her the cultery set half off and it looks like it will only cost her 38.00 more. If she does want 12 pieces it would be 300.00 more (ouch) My dilema is that I really don't want this relayed by the daughter but again not too comfortable talking with her. Plus can I do that? Can I add the host special under me and pay for it with her credit card as part of my payment?

In addition, since I'm hosting the catelog I'm kinda wondering should I offer her the host $ to buy more stuff since I really didn't do anything and still making commissions off of it or should I use the host $, just started my business so this would be great.

I guess I just would like to know what others would do in this situation.

You can't get by this one. You have to just talk to her. It's a great way to make yourself stronger. You aren't doing anything wrong. She made a mistake, though a bit of a ditsy one, but I suppose anyone could do that. She may not know how to relate to you or anyone. Try to figure out how to say what you need to say. Make sure you are convinced in your own head that you are not doing anything wrong, and it will be easier to have the conversation.

I'm with Jae, you really need to talk to her yourself. She maybe just very shy and waiting for you to extend the branch first.

Ask if she has ever purchased PC before this will be a good icebreaker. Explain the host benefits and explain that the half-price combinations are for hosts. Tell her you'll put her order into a catalog show for her so she can enjoy the benefits.

I would give her a call, Hi this is Carol xxxx's Mom. I jsut wanted to call you and personally thank you for your generous order. I can still get you those great deals, however, the way PC works is............

I hope it works out!! Sounds like she's spending the $$ anyway what's another $38. You can also offer her FREE SHIPPING which might help compensate.

Yes talk to her yourself. Being it is a business that you hope to build you would definitely want too. Who knows it may get you an actual show besides just her order.

Unless you just wanted to submit the show as your own can't you just shift it to her? Call her and explain like they have stated above. Let her know that you were doing the catalog show but since she has such a large order that you want to thank her by transferring the show to her so she can get the benifits! Surely, she will appreciate this when you explain everything that she will get. Especially if you let her know about the great deal with more free this month! She may just want to pass the catty around a bit more when she hears that!

I agree, no ? it should be her show let her reap the benefits etc.
Step out of your comfort zone (we have all been there) and call her, explain the host program. Is she in an abusive relationship? I would let her know how appreciative, grateful you are and might even approach her with a small product (tools for the cookware, honing tool, cookbook, a stone or something). Also share with her how rewarding PC has been so far and what you have earned just in 30 days she may be looking for something to pull her out of a "funk" or out of her shell.IF you make her feel valued and appreciated you might have an awesome customer for a LONG time and she will refer you to her friends

1. How can I make "Ok Need Your Advice-Sorry Long" in my Pampered Chef products?

To make "Ok Need Your Advice-Sorry Long" using Pampered Chef products, you can use the Food Chopper to quickly chop up any ingredients needed for the recipe. The Mix 'N Chop is also great for breaking up ground meat or mashing avocados for guacamole. Lastly, the Flexible Cutting Mats are perfect for cutting and prepping any fruits, vegetables, or meats needed for the recipe.

2. Can I use Pampered Chef products to cook "Ok Need Your Advice-Sorry Long" in the oven or on the stovetop?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a variety of cookware that can be used for cooking "Ok Need Your Advice-Sorry Long" in the oven or on the stovetop. The Rockcrok collection is perfect for oven cooking, while the Executive Nonstick Cookware can be used on the stovetop. You can also use the Deep Covered Baker or the Large Round Stone for baking in the oven.

3. What Pampered Chef products can I use for meal prep when making "Ok Need Your Advice-Sorry Long"?

The Meal Prep Set is perfect for preparing "Ok Need Your Advice-Sorry Long" in advance. It comes with a Salad Spinner for washing and drying greens, a Quick Slice for slicing vegetables, and a Salad Chopper for quickly chopping up ingredients. The Flexible Cutting Mats and Food Chopper can also be used for meal prep.

4. Can I make "Ok Need Your Advice-Sorry Long" using Pampered Chef's pressure cooker?

Yes, the Quick Cooker is a great tool for making "Ok Need Your Advice-Sorry Long" quickly and easily. It has a variety of settings for different types of cooking, including pressure cooking, slow cooking, and steaming. The Quick Cooker also comes with a recipe book that includes a variety of delicious and easy recipes, including "Ok Need Your Advice-Sorry Long".

5. What Pampered Chef products can I use to serve "Ok Need Your Advice-Sorry Long" at a party or gathering?

The Large Round Stone is perfect for serving "Ok Need Your Advice-Sorry Long" at a party. It can be preheated in the oven to keep the dish warm and can also be used for baking the recipe. The Bamboo Spoon Set is also great for serving the dish, and the Simple Additions Collection has a variety of serving platters and bowls that can be used for any party or gathering.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefashleigh
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Misty Shehan
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Eftilly
  • Shawnna