1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fundraiser Not Understanding Lack Of Orders

1. Chef Bobby

Chef Bobby Veteran Member Gold Member

I've had a fundraiser going for about a week now to help out the cancer center where my father was being treated. They have a huge facility and 4 other clinics in neighboring towns. I was copied for the email that the person in charge of fundraising events put out to all the clinics. It looked nice to me. I can't understand why the only orders that I've gotten are from my own personal friends. I even had her say that at least 25% of the sales would go to the center. (Includes my matching commision).
    Any ideas?

Oct 2, 2009
  2. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

Who did the email go to? The people who work at the clinic, or supporters of the clinic?

The problem is that email only gets you so far. I think you have to make it personal- phone calls and personal contact.

Oct 2, 2009
  3. Chef Bobby

The email went to both employees and supporters. I saw one name was a local politician.

Oct 2, 2009
  4. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Was there a deadline for ordering on the email? I know I am very guilty of the "I'll get to it later" attitude. I'll mark it as unread, and then promptly forget about it. I also do agree that personal contact is important. Especially if the email is going out from someone who doesn't personally work with the recipients.

Also, remember that people usually say yes on the 5th time that you ask. It's United Way time at work again, and I'm fully expecting to hear something about one way or another that they're trying to raise funds almost every day for the next couple of weeks. It might be helpful to send out several emails.

Oct 2, 2009
  5. Chef Bobby

Yes the email states that the fundraiser ends on the 10th. I would not feel right using their contacts to send out more emails.

Oct 2, 2009
  6. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

You could ask the person in charge of the fundraiser to send out more emails. Explain the benefits of doing so. The same with the phone calls. Explain the benefits of contacting people personally.

I'm sure you're familiar with the staff. How about the families of the other patients? Have you talked to them about the benefits of collecting orders? I can't remember, did you do a kickoff event?

Oct 2, 2009
Have something to add?