• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not That I Suggest You Do This...

In summary, Chefann discovered a substitute for the DCB when she made dinner tonight. She used a pork loin instead and it turned out perfect. She recommends selling stoneware to people who might not otherwise buy it.
chefann
Gold Member
But I discovered a decent substitute for the DCB when I was making dinner tonight.

There's just two of us at home, so it's not usually fun to make dinner. Today I actually remembered to take something out of the freezer so it would be ready to go after work - a pork loin. My plan was to make the 10-minute pork. No problem.

Except that my DCB is someplace, I think in the basement, and I was too lazy to find it and carry it upstairs. So I made the pork in 2 small oval bakers. I sprinkled it with some seasoning (Penzey's Bratwurst seasoning and some TS Garlic Garlic), placed it in one Small Oval Baker (I was going to abbreviate that, and thought better of it ;) ), placed another Small Oval on top, upside down, as a lid and microwaved it for 10 minutes. It was perfect!

Of course, given the choice of selling someone 2 $18 items or 1 $65 item, the $65 item is obviously the better choice. :)

You are so creative! I don't have two oval bakers, but my DCB is handy. Hope dinner was delicious.

Although that would be awesome for those who have small microwaves that the DCB doesn't fit into!! Thanks Ann.....full of wonderful ideas once again! ;)

You are seriously BRILLIANT Chefann! :)

Reminds me of the old stoneware dome idea...

Can't imagine that the substitute would work for, say, a whole chicken. That small oval is just that - SMALL. I think it's a great idea to sell stoneware to people who might not otherwise buy it.

Oh, goodness - there's no way it would work for a chicken. But it was just the right size for a 1 pound pork tenderloin.

Thanks Ann,
That is so funny. I JUST did a show last night and a guest asked me if she could make the tendorloin that way because the guests were all talking about how good it was at the last show I did...and today I get on to find this. I told her I didn't recommend it but I didn't see why it might not work...

Hello there! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. While it's great to have all the right tools for cooking, sometimes we have to improvise and make do with what we have on hand. I'm glad to hear that the Small Oval Bakers worked well for you in place of the DCB. It just goes to show that our products are versatile and can be used in different ways. And you're right, the Deep Covered Baker is definitely a great investment for those who love to cook and entertain. Happy cooking!

Related to Not That I Suggest You Do This...

1. Can I substitute ingredients in the "Not That I Suggest You Do This..." recipes?

Yes, you can substitute ingredients in the recipes to fit your dietary needs or preferences. However, please keep in mind that the final result may differ from the original recipe.

2. Are the "Not That I Suggest You Do This..." recipes healthy?

The "Not That I Suggest You Do This..." recipes are not specifically designed to be healthy. They are meant to be indulgent and fun, so we recommend enjoying them in moderation.

3. How can I access the "Not That I Suggest You Do This..." recipes?

The "Not That I Suggest You Do This..." recipes can be found on our website or in our recipe books. You can also join our cooking classes or virtual parties to learn how to make these recipes.

4. Can I use Pampered Chef products to make the "Not That I Suggest You Do This..." recipes?

Absolutely! Our products are designed to make cooking and baking easier and more enjoyable. You can use our products to create the "Not That I Suggest You Do This..." recipes or any other recipes you like.

5. Are there any allergy-friendly options for the "Not That I Suggest You Do This..." recipes?

We understand that many people have food allergies or intolerances. While our "Not That I Suggest You Do This..." recipes may not be specifically allergy-friendly, you can always make substitutions or omit certain ingredients to fit your dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• slapsappyhappy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies