• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Really Dislike That Meat Thermometer!

In summary, some people have had trouble with their meat thermometers breaking, while others have had trouble with other products. Some people have had to replace their thermometers multiple times, while others have had success with using hot glue.
Brenda.the.chef
Gold Member
I bought a meat thermometer a while ago and my daughter pulled it apart when cleaning it. It was beyond the warranty period so I bit the bullet and purchased another. The very first time I use it, I poke it into my pork roast and wait for the results. As soon as I get the temp, I pull it out of the roast and it pulls apart, exposing the wires! WTH? I can't even pull it out of the meat without it coming apart now? Is anyone else having this problem?

Mine was working beautifully until a couple weeks ago. It just up and came a part (I was holding the head and washing the stick with a sponge). It went capoooy. I'm bummed cuz I really liked it. But I have heard many complaints about it. Perhaps a new and improved meat thermometer will be one of our new products!

I guess I wouldn't be so upset if this wasnt the first time I used it. I literally was just pulling it out of the pork roast and it came apart.....I hope they come up with someone better.My daughter's boyfriend also broke the handle off of my microplane grater the same night. I tried to show him how to just push the handle to the side to flip it open and he just snapped it off. My other daughter put my egg slicer into the dishwasher and it slipped through the rack and got caught on the water sprayer and the wires are now a mangled mess. Seriously?!?! These things aren't cheap! I'll use my warranty on the thermometer, but will have to purchase another dang grater and a replacement wire for the slicer....

Oh man that is one of my favorite products!

Mine did that a few nights ago as I was cleaning it. I knew of the problem from others talking about it, so I'm always careful. I actually took mine apart and VERY carefully was able to pull the wires back through without breaking the sauder connection. It still works.I don't think I could do it twice though. I might get some hot-glue and put a dab at the base to help prevent it again (doesn't come into contact with the food there anyway).

Mine got soaked in the dish water, because I didn't realize it was in the bowl of other products.

I've had to remind some customers that you have to remember to pull the thermometer by the stick, not by the white part.

I also luv the meat thermometer but made the same mistake and pulled on the probe when I washed it (ordered another one). I also inform guests who order it not to pull on the probe when washing. As far as the probe coming out just pulling it from the meat.....that has never happened but HO should warranty it for sure I would think.

Glad to hear this. Mine did the same thing when I was washing it. Like esavvy, I took it apart and pulled the wires back up. It is kind of wobbly, but it still works fine.

Mine pulls out too, but I just put it back together and it still works. They do need to fix this problem though!

same thing happened here. I carefully put the wires back in and then put a small amount of white silicone around the two sections and let it dry and it works! I have done a few replacements within the warranty time frame for my customers and HO needs to fix this problem.

I've had 2 thermometers that lost their heads, and I've also had a few returns from customers. Meanwhile, my old dial pocket thermometer is still working great. I wish they would either fix the digital one, or get rid of it.

because of all these issues, I bought a dial themometer. I don't even want the digital one...

My digital therm went the same way, top pulled off the stick part. I too had read reports of this issue.

Mine does that too. It's beyond the warranty period but I keep hoping they redesign it. (aka go back to the OLD style.)

I hope to see a newly designed meat thermometer this Saturday at Fall Launch! Fingers are crossed!

If you do, can you please post the words "I was right" in here?
I hope that's cryptic enough!

I love mine. I have one that I bought at the store and it takes forever to register, but my PC one reads right away. I love it!:love:

wycohibito said:
I love mine. I have one that I bought at the store and it takes forever to register, but my PC one reads right away. I love it!:love:

I love that too.....just dont pull on the white head portion. :D. I had to operate on mine to get it back together.

I have had several customers pull theirs apart--and then when washing the probe, mine came apart. I tried to put it back in, but couldn't. It was just past the warranty period. I love our old dial one, but wish we would offer one that could stay in the oven--sometimes it is pretty hot in there getting an instant read. And, yes, I did melt one of the old ones once and had to replace it.

I just got my new one that I had to replace cuz my old one broke. I really felt lost without it. I will try to remember to not pull on the head. But that just seems like poor design doesn't it?? Who thinks to pull on the stick? Oh well, when it works it's fabulous.

1. Why should I use a meat thermometer?

A meat thermometer ensures that your meat is cooked to a safe temperature, reducing the risk of foodborne illnesses. It also helps you achieve the desired level of doneness for your meat.

2. How accurate are Pampered Chef meat thermometers?

Our meat thermometers are designed to be highly accurate, providing a precise temperature reading within seconds.

3. Can I use the meat thermometer for all types of meat?

Yes, our meat thermometer can be used for all types of meat, including beef, poultry, pork, and seafood.

4. How do I clean the meat thermometer?

To clean the meat thermometer, simply wash it with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly. Be sure to avoid getting water inside the display or electronic components.

5. Can I leave the meat thermometer in the oven while cooking?

Yes, our meat thermometer is oven-safe and can be left in the meat while cooking. However, be sure to check the product manual for specific temperature limitations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • pamperedcheermom
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
Replies