• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Sure What I Am Doing Wrong?

In summary, Kelly mentioned that she offers free cookware to guests who book a show with her. She also said that she has not been able to get any bookings for her upcoming shows.
KellyRedHead
Hi everyone! Thought I would put this out there and see if anyone could give me some insight!

I have not had a bad February (in fact 3 people called me to book!) have 4 cooking shows and 2 catalog shows on my book. But the last 3 shows I have not been able to get one booking! Well the first one, I got one, but not until July! My March is not what I want it to be at all! I have 2 cooking shows lined up and those I lined up by using the dreaded phone!

I have explained our hostess program, showed them the great specials coming up, and even read the post this morning before I left and offered the small pizza stone and/or small bar pan for free! NOTHING! :(

I have been hosting coaching, sending out the invites and using calling post to call people for reminders and can't seem to get people there either. Guest attendance has been way down!

I really want to make this my full time income. I know it's not going to happen over night, but so far it's not even being part-time, more like a hobbist.

Any help or suggestions I would love to hear them, so lay them on me!!;)

Kelly

**Also does anyone call the people that don't come to the show, and if so what do you say? Do you ask the host 1st if they would like you to do that?

Last edited:
Have you tried the book to look?? or offered an incentive for people who book shows with you?

Kelly....I don't know what to say....I'm still so new at this!! But, honestly I think people come to the party with booking already in their mind. I actually posted about the free bar pan or round stone. It worked to get me one booking at last nights party, and then this afternoon I was able to get three. However, one person wasn't even interested in the freebie...she wants to do a show in April. She wasn't even that interested in the hostess specials, just that's when she wants to do it.........I think alot has to do with the host's enthusiasm...If she/he makes it sound great, then the others want to join in. But hey, you had people call you to book shows for Feb, that is AWESOME! Keep plugging away and it will pay off!

I have see the look to book, but really didn't seem to understand it?
Can someone explain it to me? Sorry, brain is not working well I guess this week!!

amy07- Glad to hear the items are working out good for you! I thought I would give it a try and gave them from March 1 - March 20th to book, that's the time frame I really need my bookings. I know I need to keep plugging along. It is very frustrating though with 3 shows and no bookings. Beginning to think its me! I think I do an okay show, my 13 yr old daughter came with me today and said she thought my demo was fine, so unsure what's going on!:confused:

Still appreciate any help I can get!

Thanks-
Kelly

I found a file on here... basically you would put an incentive in an envelope... the guest would have to book a date with you and then they get to look into the envelope... generally most people don't give the incentive to the guest until they close their show...ie I book march2... get to open envelope it says host special of your choice free... can be redeemed through host at close of your show... and sometimes they put how much the show has to reach in order to get the "better" incentives... hth...

Go to files and do a search for booktolook and it should bring up this 1 file... that is what I used just changed the info:)

**Also does anyone call the people that don't come to the show, and if so what do you say? Do you ask the host 1st if they would like you to do that?[/QUOTE]

Kelly

Last night, one of the guests had a Wish List...$225.00 long. She bought about $50.00 at the show. But, when I saw her list, I said, "Did you know that if you hosted a show, you could get all that for FREE or half-pice?" Oh, did her eyes light up! Especially when I pointed out she could get the half-price cookware! She's getting married next year (he hasn't proposed yet but will do so by May). I'm sure she'll do a PC Regstry with me, since she loves PC products (but she's following protocol and only wants to set it up 4 months in advance of her wedding). Now, she's checking into doing a show so she can take advantage of the great HOST BEnEFITS.So, I guess my advice is, try to speak to "their" heart tugs. Some do a show because they just want to have an evening away from the kids!Trish in Texas
Future Director & Recruiter

KellyRedHead said:
**Also does anyone call the people that don't come to the show, and if so what do you say? Do you ask the host 1st if they would like you to do that?

Kelly[/QUOTE]

I don't call people who didn't come. I ask the hostess to do that and try to get an outside order from them.

Trish1953 said:
So, I guess my advice is, try to speak to "their" heart tugs. Some do a show because they just want to have an evening away from the kids!

Trish in Texas
Future Director & Recruiter

I agree, people may come with the thought of booking or not booking in mind, but I ask everyone if they'd like to host a party. That is why I tell everyone to circle everything they want, they don't have to buy everything, but circle everything they want, then I can help them see what they can get for free or 1/2. That usually convinces them to host a show.

I had also been in the "slumps" with getting bookings from shows.
Something I have learned is that it really can be not the "right time" for someone. I have had a guest attend three cooking shows in one year. At the last one she came up to me and said "I want to book a show. I already looked at my calendar and was wondering if this date would work." It turns out she had been wanting to remodel her kitchen and it was finally getting done - she now wants to have a party because of the new kitchen.

Something I have tired is what I call the Pampered Chef challenge. I stopped using the pc host planner and made my own. I start it off with a checklist for the challenge mine has $100 outside orders - before I arrive, having 10 adult guests at the party, and obtaining one booking to be held in one month from their show. I have found this works really well and at most shows the host has already asked around and someone is always ready to have a party.

Can't find the file for book to look. Can anyone just send the link please? Thank you.

Char

I've had more luck with bookings since I've stopped using the survey slip from TPC. Here is my customer card card. I print it on cardstock to make it more impressive. Bright colors work too.

Attachments

• Customer Care Card.doc
    41 KB · Views: 513
That is the thread where I found the book to look I liked:)

KellyRedHead said:
Hi everyone! Thought I would put this out there and see if anyone could give me some insight!

I have not had a bad February (in fact 3 people called me to book!) have 4 cooking shows and 2 catalog shows on my book. But the last 3 shows I have not been able to get one booking! Well the first one, I got one, but not until July! My March is not what I want it to be at all! I have 2 cooking shows lined up and those I lined up by using the dreaded phone!

I have explained our hostess program, showed them the great specials coming up, and even read the post this morning before I left and offered the small pizza stone and/or small bar pan for free! NOTHING! :(

I have been hosting coaching, sending out the invites and using calling post to call people for reminders and can't seem to get people there either. Guest attendance has been way down!

I really want to make this my full time income. I know it's not going to happen over night, but so far it's not even being part-time, more like a hobbist.

Any help or suggestions I would love to hear them, so lay them on me!!;)

Kelly

At your shows, do you ask EACH person individually to book a show? Then if they say no, you can ask what's stopping them and try to overcome their objections. For example, if they say they want to, but their place is too small, you can suggest co-hosting with someone who has a bigger home. Or tell them you don't really need that much space. I've gotten some bookings that way. (Of course, if they give an adamant, "NO WAY!" then I don't push it further...)

Sometimes, though, I do have streaks like that as well. Last fall, I had three shows in a row where I did not get ONE single booking! And everyone said they had a great time, loved the products, etc, but no one wanted to book! So anyway, I've been doing CCC with these people and some of them expressed interest in doing a show "sometime in the future...maybe summer or fall" so we'll see!

Just keep asking! You are bound to get a yes soon!

Alot of consultants love the three pile method.

You have three piles of information as you're checking out the customers. You need to physically touch each pile with each guest. Touch the pile of recruit info and ask "Have you ever thought about doing what I do? Would you look at some information on the business?" Then touch the second pile of host packets and ask, "Would you like to help out (current host) by gathering your own friends and having me over to cook?" Then touch the third pile (recipes work well here) and ask, "Would you like to take home a fantastic recipe to try?"

The reason this works is it leaves the conversation on a positive note at the end. You don't have to feel shot down if you've heard "NO" because almost everyone will want a recipe at the end (with my name and phone on it!) so it feels more comfortable to have it end positively.

Related to Not Sure What I Am Doing Wrong?

1. What are some common mistakes people make when using Pampered Chef products?

Some common mistakes people make when using Pampered Chef products include not properly preheating their oven, not properly measuring ingredients, and not following recipe instructions accurately.

2. How can I ensure my Pampered Chef products last a long time?

To ensure your Pampered Chef products last a long time, it is important to properly clean and care for them. Avoid using harsh or abrasive cleaners, and always follow the specific care instructions for each product.

3. Why do my baked goods sometimes come out unevenly cooked when using Pampered Chef bakeware?

Unevenly cooked baked goods can be caused by a number of factors, such as inaccurate oven temperature or not properly preheating the oven. It is also important to evenly distribute batter or dough in the pan for even cooking.

4. How can I troubleshoot issues with my Pampered Chef kitchen tools?

If you are experiencing issues with your Pampered Chef kitchen tools, it is best to consult the product manual or reach out to customer service for troubleshooting tips. It is also important to make sure the tool is being used correctly and for its intended purpose.

5. Can I use Pampered Chef products in the dishwasher?

Many Pampered Chef products are dishwasher safe, but it is important to check the specific care instructions for each product. Some products may need to be hand washed or may not be suitable for the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shelbi
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Shelbi
  • Rhonda-Roo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Rhonda-Roo
  • Princess