• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Sure This Is the Right Thread to Post This On, but I'll Try

In summary, Sandy suggests packing a few stones and/or SA pieces with your other items when transporting them to and from shows. She suggests using a hand towel or bubble wrap to protect the pieces, and bringing a different piece each time you exhibit. If you exhibit frequently, she advises purchasing the Show-To-Go bag system.
ChefSandyK
Not sure this is the right thread to post this on, but I'll try anyway. :) Does anyone have suggestions for transporting stones and/or SA pieces without breaking them? I am trying to qualify for the "Show to Go" just like everyone else...but it doesn't look like there's a great piece in there for those items, anyway. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sandy

Unless your using them for your demo, pack only a couple. Remember that you want your job to look easy for potential recruits, and you don't want back problems :) . This also allows you to bring something different to each show so that returning customers get something new to view and play with.

I pack mine with the rest of my stuff in my 2 crates. I place either one of our hand towels between them, or often use some of the bubble wrap that comes in our boxes. The small ones, I've even placed inside the CBB with a trivet on the bottom. I do still have the box for one of my round stones and that is the one thing that I clean at the hostess' house and repack before I leave. If I'm not using the round, I usually have it wrapped in some of the bubble wrap and carry it in in an over-the shoulder tote bag (like a school bag). I have a couple of the smaller stoneware bags and am not impressed with them (too small), and am too stingy to buy one of the wheeled carriers they currently offer.

From what I hear, the Show-To-Go has places for each. There is even a divider in the large section, as well as pockets. I haven't seen it yet, but that's what I'm told...I'll just have to wait until I earn it!!!!!

For now, I have a Stoneware bag that I bring my Large Round Stone, Bar Pan, Pie Plate, Rectangle Baker, and Oval Baker with me to my shows. As for the simple additions, I bring the small bowl and caddy and the Entertaining Set. I stack all the bowls in the bottom corner of my crate, and wrap with a Kitchen Towel. That's it...never had any problems!

I have kept all my stones in their original boxes. I have a very small apartment so it is easier for me to stack boxes ontop of one another, I just dont have the cupboard space to house them otherwise. I find it also much easier to transport like this. It is more work when I set and pack up, but at least I am not worried about them breaking. It's worked for me so far.

Tasha

Everyone needs to try to earn the new Show-on-the-go bags! I was at conference and got to check them out! They are GREAT and hold everything!

I kept stones in boxes too at first but they actually take up a lot more room that way! I have a stoneware tote but if I am not carrying that I just put some of that bubble wrap or our towels/hot pad between the items that could break or chip and have not had a single problem. The big issue for me is weight! I want to show it all so I take more than I should. I need to cut back on what I take (and I actually have done that already). Right now I carry a crate, tool turn-about tote -full!, a tote with my paperwork and catalogs and a dishpan with whatever doesn't fit in the crate (I try to have a heavier item in there to distribute weight better). I also have a small tote with all the cookbooks in it - whenever I don't bring that people ask about the books! Of course on the way home the dishpan has my durty dishes and usually the weight distribution is about the same as when I start out but sometimes that crate really gains the weight.

When I earn the new bag system I will not carry more than fits into those bags!!!

For the Simple Additions, it was worth spending $25 to get the SA Tote, it's on the spring 2005 supply order form. I just found out that it won't be available after Aug 31 so get yours now! You can fit the rectangle platter, large square platter, 4 small bowls & 4 small squares in it. It's nicely padded so you don't have to worry about breakage. Re the stones: the stoneware tote is great. I can usually fit 3 stones in it.
Of course, now is the time to earn the ShowTo Go which will make it even easier.

Hope this helps!!

Jill Wright
Director, Benicia, CA
www.pamperedchef.biz/jillscooking
[email protected]

Thanks for all the infoI appreciate all your feedback. I was wondering if the Show to GO (if I even have a shot at the bigger pieces) had places for SA? Also, will the SA tote be as useful when the boats go away? I have the entertaining set, and would like to pick up some more white pieces, but don't want to order the tote if the new pieces won't fit because the remaining slots are designed for boats. Does that make sense? :confused:

Thanks again,
Sandy

If you are wondering if it will fit the new platter... yes it will. It has a compartment to fit just that. It is wonderful!

SA ToteJill- Thanks for the info on the totes. I was wondering if they were worth purchasing. I wish that PC would put out a supply catalog for the consultants, so we could see what everything looked like.

Tammy Eubanks said:
Jill- Thanks for the info on the totes. I was wondering if they were worth purchasing. I wish that PC would put out a supply catalog for the consultants, so we could see what everything looked like.

Yes, I think it's definitely worth having the SA tote. I know the place for the boats will just stay empty but being able to take the large platter, 4 small squares, 4 small bowls & the rectangle platter all at one time without worrying about breakage is worth the $25. I bought my tote a couple of years ago & am considering a 2nd one.

Jill Wright
Director, Benicia, CA
[email protected]
www.pamperedchef.biz/jillscooking

I know a lot of you love that SA tote but I have to say that I only carry it if I'm doing a SA entertaining show which is not that often. I carry the SA pieces that I need at a particular show nested in other products, the towels or with bubble wrap. I sometimes also carry the large square in a stoneware tote with the large round stone or the large bowl in the WS Square Basket. Carry less and use the catalog to show the rest. They just need a sample of the product to see the quality.

When you get the new Show-to-Go you will see that it will all fit in that! In fact I will probably sell my SA tote once I get the new system so if I have talked you out if getting it and, once you get the new totes, you decide you wish you'd bought it give me a call and you can buy mine.

Beth,
Thanks for the insight. This is only my SS1 so I'm still trying to learn what I need vs. what Ithink I need. You don't do "entertaining" shows often? All of my shows scheduled so far have requested "tapas" or "dim sum", so I was assuming the SA would turn out to be very popular pieces. Have you found this not to be true? (Do people like them but not order them because of the cost?)

Thanks again,
Sandy

ChefSandyK said:
Beth,
Thanks for the insight. This is only my SS1 so I'm still trying to learn what I need vs. what Ithink I need. You don't do "entertaining" shows often? All of my shows scheduled so far have requested "tapas" or "dim sum", so I was assuming the SA would turn out to be very popular pieces. Have you found this not to be true? (Do people like them but not order them because of the cost?)

Thanks again,
Sandy
Sorry. I have a show called "Entertaining Ideas" (not my original) and I did it a lot in the fall. It features bread dipping and cheeses and I used a ton of SA pieces at those shows especially. I'll attach it.

I DO do a lot of shows with tips for entertaining and I always bring the serving pieces along depending on the recipe of the show. I just meant I don't bring a ton of SA pieces to every show.

Attachments

• EntertainingDippingFall04-breadsticks.doc
    55.5 KB · Views: 430

1. What is "Not Sure This Is the Right Thread to Post This On, but I'll Try"?

"Not Sure This Is the Right Thread to Post This On, but I'll Try" is a phrase commonly used in online forums or discussion threads when the poster is unsure if their topic or question is relevant to the current thread.

2. Why do people use this phrase?

People use this phrase to express their uncertainty and to apologize in advance if their post is not relevant to the thread. It is a way to acknowledge that they may be breaking the forum's rules or disrupting the flow of the conversation.

3. Is it appropriate to use this phrase?

It is generally considered appropriate to use this phrase when posting in a forum or discussion thread. It shows respect for the community and the ongoing conversation. However, it is always best to try to find the most appropriate thread for your post before using this phrase.

4. Can I still post if I'm not sure this is the right thread?

Yes, you can still post even if you're not sure if it's the right thread. However, it is always recommended to try to find the most relevant thread for your post to avoid confusion and keep the conversation organized.

5. What should I do if I realize I posted in the wrong thread?

If you realize that you posted in the wrong thread, it is best to delete your post and repost it in the appropriate thread. This will help keep the conversation on track and make it easier for others to find and respond to your post.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
pcsalesgrl
  • wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies