• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Sure How to Take or Address This

In summary, the person that sent this to me is my SIL. She has never bought from me or when I've asked only 2x has never hosted. I would like to think what others think about this.
Humble Beginnings
Well needless to say that the person that sent this to me is my SIL. She has never bought from me or when I've asked only 2x has never hosted. I would like to think what others think

"Carol...this is kind of awkward to say so I will mention what happened to me....

When emailing a friend on a personal issue I still left my "work" email signature at the end of the email...she said..."Hey, this is ME you are talking to...she said the signature was "tacky"...I saw her point....I agreed.....

The constant "Pampered Chef" signature leaves me feeling like you are constantly trying to sell me something.....living in a sales world most of my life that isn't that big of a deal...
but you connected your daughter's birthday list to a "sales" opportunity....

I can see you have Disney as a goal for your girls....sounds like something very real and genuine....but with a Birthday Wish list email that email becomes "too much" ...."

No one knows how to get under your skin like relatives. Just explain that this is your business, and sig lines are added automagicly to all outgoing emails and you're not going to change it just for her. My brother, The Rocket Scientist, sends me messages from his work account that have all kinds of dire warnings about secrecy and security clearances that I just don't even look at any more. (All of his subject lines include the disclaimer: (Unclassified) so I know it's safe to read it without having the men in black pounding on my back door.)(Maybe you should just tell her to stop whining and buy something!)

When my mother emails me from work, her sig is on the bottom. REALLY???? WHO CARES?????? Do people really sit around debating these things??? Just don't email her anymore. Call her. Ha Ha Ha Ha.

my signature goes out on everything...no matter whom I'm addressing, you never know where that next lead might come from!!!The CHOICE is Yours ~ this August......60% off up to 2 pieces and/or sets of Cookware!Cindy L. Palahniuk #229682
Independent Consultant & Team Leader
[url=http://www.pamperedchef.biz/

Last edited:
cindylpal said:
my signature goes out on everything...no matter whom I'm addressing, you never know where that next lead might come from!!!The CHOICE is Yours ~ this August......60% off up to 2 pieces and/or sets of Cookware!Cindy L. Palahniuk #229682
Independent Consultant & Team Leader
Except that you need to remove the link to your website from this site. ;)

I have friends all the time who send me personal emails from work email accounts, and customers too. I never give it a second thought.

She sounds like a Debbie Downer. It's hard not to take it personally, but try not to. I wouldn't ask her anymore to host, or to purchase. I'd just move on to the MANY who are interested and who love PC products. Leave her in the dust!

Carol... I agree with someone from above. Its an automatic thing you set up and it goes out on everything. I wouldn't even respond. I learned that not responding is a response. I used to take a real stand on things like this, but at this point, you are better spending the time making a call a getting a show! It stinks that she'll spend the time to email you to give you crap, but won't spend the time to do a show and help you towards that "genuine" goal. Oh well. You didn't do anything wrong!

AND... I have had people THANK me for the signature because they lost my website address and clicked the link in my sig and ordered.

Like the others said - ignore it, it's her problem.

I would ask her if your signature was from a different company- let's say you worked in an office for a company that had NOTHING to do with direct sales, and you emailed her from that- would your signature bother her then? No? Ok, great. Then suck it up and deal. I email friends and family from my work email at my f/t job all the time. Daily even. I never delete my siggy. Tell her to ignore if she doesn't like it- tell her SHE can delete it ha ha!

She is feeling guilty about not helping you with your business. Ignore it.

cmdtrgd said:
She is feeling guilty about not helping you with your business. Ignore it.

WOW! That is a GOOD point!

I'm with the others. To be honest, I have separate email accounts for personal and PC stuff. (I have 6 email accounts, but that's a whole other story.) However, I've had family email me on my PC account. When they do that they get the PC signature.

Athough I do not agree with what your SIL wrote to you, I can kindof relate.
My director was my consultant before I became one and her signature would drive me nuts, but she had all sorts of smileys and bouncing things that were annoying. If your signature is just what you wrote - no crazy frills than I think it is silly that she is complaining, or even telling you that her friend or whomever was thinking it was tacky. If you use yahoo or hotmail they usually tag on some sort of ad on their emails anyway, I am surprised people even notice it these days with everyone having signatures of some sort on email.

I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone gets my PC signature on my emails. They can delete or ignore if they need to.

She obviously ALREADY ignores it. ;) She's just feeling guilty.

Thanks everyone. I can't say it didn't bother me but than when I thought about it again and read what everyone wrote I know it's not me and just her. Thanks again !

Carol, when people have nothing else to complain about, but someone's email signature- well then...there are bigger issues at play/behind the scenes.

I email friends from work, and my employers mandates that I have a slew of annoying things in my overly long email signature- I can't help it, and I'm not going to delete it- I just expect that people won't read it after they've seen it a few times.

Signatures don't bother me- it's a SIGNATURE-

If your SIL needs things to bitch about- have her call me. I'd love to send her over to my DIL- who is 5 weeks pregnant, has a 3 year old, and her husband is leaving for Iraq for his second tour (my Step-son) for 18 months on Monday... I'm sure Amanda has some true, valid things to complain about...Might help put things in perspective for your SIL.

Sorry you had to go through that, however. Isn't family fun? :)

Maragib said:
Athough I do not agree with what your SIL wrote to you, I can kindof relate.
My director was my consultant before I became one and her signature would drive me nuts, but she had all sorts of smileys and bouncing things that were annoying. If your signature is just what you wrote - no crazy frills than I think it is silly that she is complaining, or even telling you that her friend or whomever was thinking it was tacky. If you use yahoo or hotmail they usually tag on some sort of ad on their emails anyway, I am surprised people even notice it these days with everyone having signatures of some sort on email.

10.gif
We have plenty more around here that you can use to fight back, if you like.

jumping0045.gif

(I think I better get out of here while the getting is good.)
71526.gif

Like other posters said.....do not respond. No response to ridiculous stuff like that is the BEST response :D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
10.gif
We have plenty more around here that you can use to fight back, if you like.

jumping0045.gif

(I think I better get out of here while the getting is good.)
71526.gif

lolololololololololololol

Ew!!!
Do we have the same b*tchy SIL???

dannyzmom said:
Ew!!!
Do we have the same b*tchy SIL???

OMG Carolyn! LOL!!

AJPratt said:
OMG Carolyn! LOL!!

LOL - don't EVEN get me started.
Short version: I was walking the Relay for Life last spring and thru the ACS site I sent out emails to everyone in my address book asking if they'd like to make a donation or join our team. It was a very nicely written email (ACS wrote it, not me)...and within moments of sending it out I got a vicious nasty-gram back from my SIL "How dare you ask me for a donation...blah blah blah"
Sounds like the original poster and I have the same SIL :grumpy:

I would not even worry about it.There is nothing wrong with your signature block promoting your business. I have several e-mails one for PC, a personal one I have had for years, one I use for other business stuff, etc etc etc. :chef:

dannyzmom said:
Short version: I was walking the Relay for Life last spring and thru the ACS site I sent out emails to everyone in my address book asking if they'd like to make a donation or join our team. It was a very nicely written email (ACS wrote it, not me)...and within moments of sending it out I got a vicious nasty-gram back from my SIL "How dare you ask me for a donation...blah blah blah"

Ugh! Who even says "How dare you..." anymore? Very Victorian. LOL

dannyzmom said:

I bet she speaks highly of you, too.

xcensored.gif

Oh I want some of those!!! Remind my friends I'm not part of corporate america anymore!

I agree with everyone else!On a side note, my email address says:
Have you PAMPERED yourself today?
and then my info. My BIL always replies back - Why YES, thanks for asking!

I think you need to put a Pampered Chef bumper sticker on her car!
devil2.gif

She really does need to get a life. That's just being a little too picky to complain about an automatic signature. If you were ending every phone call & e-mail to her with a direct question & asking if she was ready to host a show yet, then she might have room to complain. But I don't think the automatic signature is grounds for her to fuss.

AJPratt said:
Ugh! Who even says "How dare you..." anymore? Very Victorian. LOL

There's a guy in our car club who gets offended at any little thing, and says "How dare they?" a lot. He even used it about the proprietors of a bar/restaurant where we have meetings occasionally. It's a hunting lodge-themed establishment, with log walls, rustic furniture, and some mounted animal trophies (heads) on the walls. The heads offend him, and every time that location is mentioned as a location for our meeting, he starts in on the "How dare they have dead animals in there?" I think DH commented back once about the dead animals on the plates. :)

There is a certain portion of the population that I call the Perpetually Offended. These sad folks wake up every morning and say to themselves, "Okay, what can I find today to be offended about?"There is a very militant branch of the Perpetually Offended Official Police ("POOP") that will bring a lawsuit against anyone who offends them. The Freedom From Religion nuts come to mind for some reason. They haven't figured out yet that atheism is a religion, so therefore, they offend themselves as much as they offend the rest of us.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
There is a very militant branch of the Perpetually Offended Official Police ("POOP") that will bring a lawsuit against anyone who offends them.

The Freedom From Religion nuts come to mind for some reason. They haven't figured out yet that atheism is a religion, so therefore, they offend themselves as much as they offend the rest of us.

thoroughly, totally, and completely agree! :)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • KCPChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Intrepid_Chef