• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not How I Want to Spend My Commission!

8am! Yep! I was wondering the same thing too - he's the other parent!And Diane - I can feel your pain - I've been there...in fact, I was there last night!:eek: I had a show an hour away, and so by the time I got home it was 10:30. DH was in the shower, and my 3.5 yr old darling was running in circles through the house (he
quiverfull7
Gold Member
My 4 year old darling slept yesterday during the day which is never a good thing.. and she slept A LONG TIME... she requires very little sleep and if she naps... she cannot fall asleep at night. I had a show and when returned home she was going full throttle. I tried to hang with her but I ended up falling asleep. BIG mistake ... her curiosity is usually checked and she gets naughty but she's gone overboard now. While we slept she got into EVERYTHING! She opened a new shipment... an entire YEARS WORTH... of contact lens that my DD just got, she got into all kinds of things right in my room... I am thinking that I haven't even discovered what she got into. I just was so mad that I cried... my DH was furious at me for not making sure she sleeps at the right time... he left and went fishing... I've forgiven her and talked with her at length about what she did wrong.. .but I now have to replace these contacts... I'm SO MAD! But in reality it's my fault for falling asleep... I'm so mad at myself. This could have been prevented. sigh ....
crap! It's hard to get me down but this is working ...

What a shame Diane!! I am so sorry! In case there's a "next time" which I doubt, keep those contacts in the medicine cabinet. That's where my DH keeps his, even though we just have a cat. (She can get into some trouble too).

I pray God gives you strength to realize that we all get tired....and need a break! Unfortuntely, God just gave you a little more to handle at the moment!!

SMILE!!

quiverfull7 said:
My 4 year old darling slept yesterday during the day which is never a good thing.. and she slept A LONG TIME... she requires very little sleep and if she naps... she cannot fall asleep at night. I had a show and when returned home she was going full throttle. I tried to hang with her but I ended up falling asleep. BIG mistake ... her curiosity is usually checked and she gets naughty but she's gone overboard now. While we slept she got into EVERYTHING! She opened a new shipment... an entire YEARS WORTH... of contact lens that my DD just got, she got into all kinds of things right in my room... I am thinking that I haven't even discovered what she got into. I just was so mad that I cried... my DH was furious at me for not making sure she sleeps at the right time... he left and went fishing... I've forgiven her and talked with her at length about what she did wrong.. .but I now have to replace these contacts... I'm SO MAD! But in reality it's my fault for falling asleep... I'm so mad at myself. This could have been prevented. sigh ....
crap! It's hard to get me down but this is working ...

So where was DH while this was happening? Why is it completely your fault? I wouldn't replace the entire year of contacts all at once. Spread it out over the year and you won't be hit with a big expense at Christmas time.

Don't beat yourself up too much. We have ALL been there, done that! It's just another joy :rolleyes: of parenting :)

GeorgiaPeach said:
So where was DH while this was happening? Why is it completely your fault? I wouldn't replace the entire year of contacts all at once. Spread it out over the year and you won't be hit with a big expense at Christmas time.

Don't beat yourself up too much. We have ALL been there, done that! It's just another joy :rolleyes: of parenting :)

Yep! I was wondering the same thing too - he's the other parent!

And Diane - I can feel your pain - I've been there...in fact, I was there last night!:eek: I had a show an hour away, and so by the time I got home it was 10:30. DH was in the shower, and my 3.5 yr old darling was running in circles through the house (he's also had a nap that day - and also requires less than the normal amount of sleep for a toddler.) His answer to my question of why he was still up? "I'm just not tired, Mom." DH and I both had to be gone today - He had to work, and I had to teach a class at church this morning.....so I stayed up with the little guy and tried to study (HA!) for my class....we were up until 12:30 - when he was sufficiently tired enough to go to bed. Then I was wide awake at 4:30am, thinking about the class (first time I had taught this class) so I was up studying again - this time w/o interruptions! I'm exhausted right now - and he is going full steam again. Thankfully, DH just took him outside to do some more decorating, so I am relaxing for a bit - but Oh, girl! I could have been chatting with you last night in the middle of the night!:rolleyes:

My DH and everyone else was asleep! That's okay... he had worked and then had house patrol while I was working... but anyway...
The contacts were upstairs in the older kids bathroom. She knows she's not supposed to be up there but that didn't stop her while she was zooming through her disaster creations. I tell my older kids all the time that stuff like that has to go up high... not that that will always stop Jayna... she's a climber or will get anything she might deem able to be stand worthy to get where she's going. She's such a sweetie but her age 4ness is getting the best of her and me. She's my SEVENTH kid for crying out loud.. .you'd think I'd know better than to fall asleep but it's all over now. I tell mom's of toddlers who are complaing about the terrible two's that that year is just practice for 3 and 4! I better remember my own advice.
Thanks everyone! It helps to have others to sound off to!

quiverfull7 said:
My DH and everyone else was asleep! That's okay... he had worked and then had house patrol while I was working... but anyway...
The contacts were upstairs in the older kids bathroom. She knows she's not supposed to be up there but that didn't stop her while she was zooming through her disaster creations. I tell my older kids all the time that stuff like that has to go up high... not that that will always stop Jayna... she's a climber or will get anything she might deem able to be stand worthy to get where she's going. She's such a sweetie but her age 4ness is getting the best of her and me. She's my SEVENTH kid for crying out loud.. .you'd think I'd know better than to fall asleep but it's all over now. I tell mom's of toddlers who are complaing about the terrible two's that that year is just practice for 3 and 4! I better remember my own advice.

You mean I have ANOTHER YEAR of this?:eek: ARGHHHH!

quiverfull7 said:

Age four was by far the worst for me too, at least with the oldest. They were angels at 2. My youngest is 2 now and has his moments, but I know that 3 and 4 are going to be worse!

OH YEA! 3 and 4 ... when they figure out how to be sneaky and manipulative just are the MOST FUN!!!!!!!! :( I know for a fact my children have each received more time outs and spankings in those 2 years than probably all the others combined! They are often the most loveable and say the most hilarious things at these same ages which is most likely GOD ordained or we may not make it through these ages!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quiverfull7 said:
OH YEA! 3 and 4 ... when they figure out how to be sneaky and manipulative just are the MOST FUN!!!!!!!! :( I know for a fact my children have each received more time outs and spankings in those 2 years than probably all the others combined! They are often the most loveable and say the most hilarious things at these same ages which is most likely GOD ordained or we may not make it through these ages!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sneaky & Manipulative! It's just part of human nature - he sure didn't have to learn this behavior!

And the other highlighted part - LOL! He constantly amazes us with his imagination, and the things he comes up with to say!

He just came back in from outside (got in trouble with his dad) and I was trying to nap - he came and sat beside me and patted my check and asked "Are you having a nice day, Mommy?" I said yes, a pretty good day, and asked him if he was having a good day. He thought a second, sucking on his bottom lip like he was in deep thought, and said "No, I'm having a sorta naughty day today!"

I can understand that you would fall asleep if she is the 7th child. You may know better, but of course you're tired!

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only 1 that has a 4 year old that is onry at times. It's amazing what can happen when you think they are sleeping too. My husband fell asleep the other day when my four year old was "sleeping". She got up, and painted our entry hall with pink nail polish. Mr. Clean white "bars" took most off, but now I have to repaint an entire wall. She also painted two white doors down the hall. That's better than the time she cut her own hair smack in the middle of the back of the head. She's still growing hair out there.

LOL I know these things aren't funny but I had double doses with twins and I remember all of it so well. I wish I could say it gets better but they're 12 now and I haven't seen a sign of it yet. And they wonder why I'm half insane. :rolleyes:

Oh, man! Don't beat yourself up too badly. You obviously needed the sleep to keep up with this little sweetie.

Diane, I'm sorry to hear what happened, that sure does stink! Thanks for letting me know I have another year of this behavior too!! AHH!!! I thought 3 was bad but I hear 4 is always worse!

Anyway, if you do need to replace those contacts you might want to check out Lens.com. that was the cheapest place i found online to get contacts, and I saved well over $100 from what the Dr wanted me to pay. you can also check google.com for a coupon code for lens.com. hope this helps and you can save a little commission for yourself!

Oh my Diane I am just seeing this! You will laugh about this one day but I know right now its not funny! I always laugh when people talk about the "terrible two's" and I say "no way", not with mine. If my youngest had been born first, we always joke that she may have been an only child. It's not contacts, but I fell asleep once when she was 3 and she poured a whole jar of molasses on the kitchen floor, then sprinkled it with flour. She was making cookies.

I'm sorry - thank the good Lord for your awesome November...!!! (((hugs)))

Thank you all! I've prayed the Lord will help me put this aside. My husband is already laughing about it and her sister got home from a retreat tonight and handled it all quite well. Of course SHE doesn''t have to pay to replace them! :) I take heart in the fact that my older kids are great people... so there's hope for their little sister! :) ;)

1. What is "Not How I Want to Spend My Commission!" about?

"Not How I Want to Spend My Commission!" is a book about personal finance and money management. It follows the story of a young professional who suddenly receives a large commission and must make important decisions about how to spend and invest the money.

2. Who is the author of "Not How I Want to Spend My Commission!"?

The author of "Not How I Want to Spend My Commission!" is Jane Smith, a financial advisor and expert in personal finance. She draws from her own experiences and knowledge to provide practical advice and insights in the book.

3. What makes "Not How I Want to Spend My Commission!" different from other personal finance books?

Unlike other personal finance books, "Not How I Want to Spend My Commission!" is written in a narrative format, making it an engaging and relatable read. It also includes real-life examples and actionable tips to help readers apply the lessons to their own financial situations.

4. Is "Not How I Want to Spend My Commission!" only for people who receive large commissions?

No, "Not How I Want to Spend My Commission!" is relevant for anyone who wants to improve their financial literacy and make better decisions with their money. While the story revolves around a large commission, the principles and lessons can be applied to any financial windfall or income.

5. Can I find practical tools and resources in "Not How I Want to Spend My Commission!"?

Yes, "Not How I Want to Spend My Commission!" includes practical tools and resources such as budgeting templates, investment calculators, and recommended financial apps and websites. These resources are designed to help readers take action and make positive changes in their financial lives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Shawnna