• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are non-soliciting environments a myth and how can you navigate them?

In summary, non-soliciting environments do exist, but you can still get leads from funerals by talking to people.
BlessedWifeMommy
Non-soliciting environments ~ Do they exist and how do you know?

So my hubby cringes sometimes and tells me not to talk to people "here" (usually a store) about PC.

He thinks sales people, receptionists, business owners, and other customers shouldn't be bothered. He thinks, if they want to know more about PC they will see my catalog tote (I take it everywhere) and ask.

I know this isn't the always the case. I tend to talk to everyone and "bother" people. When he is with me, I don't do as much of it, out of respect.

So what do you guys think?

I talk to everyone too! There's one particular store that I go to (a clothing store mainly) and from that one single store I've gotten four hosts, from those four, I've had bookings each time, one is a repeat host (she has done more than one show), and one recruit lead! and it's not a big store!

I talk with most people in most places. Other than church, I'm very comfortable bringing PC up. So, to answer your question, not really.However, I don't really think that's the issue here. It's making your DH uncomfortable. Talk to him about what it is that bothers him. It may just be the language you're using. The two of you together might be able to work out something that makes both of you comfortable. If that's not the issue, and it's simply that you're the one bringing it up, I'd suggest that you not do it when you're with him. If he sees that you're respectful of his sensibilities, he'll be more likely to support your business. Everyone's different. The Furry Guy doesn't have an issue at all with me talking PC. Heck, about 1/4 of the time he's the one bringing it up with people when we're out and about. However, his cousin's wife is with another DS company, and it really bothers Cousin. He feels like her focus is business instead of him, so he doesn't like for her to talk about it at all when they're out together. Communication and compromise are important.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Non-soliciting environments ~ Do they exist and how do you know?
Sometimes stores/businesses will have signs up indicating "No Soliciting" if that's their policy. However, if you're discreet and aren't actually exchanging products for money, you can get around that. For example, I know that Costco has a No Soliciting sign up. But if I were to start talking to another customer there because they saw my catalog tote, and I got their info, maybe gave them a mini catalog, I would consider that to be allowable. I didn't actually sell anything there, but I made contact for a future business transaction.

Well. I probably wouldn't intentionally go "shopping" for leads at a funeral....;):D

I don't know, Becky. When there's a funeral for someone at our church we do a dinner. I've had a lot of people ask about a recipe and/or a product in that situation. So, I've gotten quite a few leads at funerals. ;)

I agree about the funeral - my new Hospitality Director told us a story about how she booked a show at a recent funeral with a cousin she hadn't seen in a few years. When the cousin asked her what she was up to these days, she answered, "I'm a director with Pampered Chef, do you want to have a show?" and boom, show booked! :)

5 Most Frequently Asked Questions about "Non-Soliciting Environments?"

What is a "Non-Soliciting Environment?"

A "Non-Soliciting Environment" is a workplace or community setting where sales representatives, vendors, or other individuals are not allowed to promote or sell their products or services.

Why do some workplaces have "Non-Soliciting Environments?"

Many workplaces have "Non-Soliciting Environments" to maintain a professional and focused atmosphere for employees. It also helps to prevent distractions and conflicts among coworkers.

Can I still share my business with coworkers in a "Non-Soliciting Environment?"

No, in a "Non-Soliciting Environment," you are not allowed to promote your business or sell products to your coworkers. This includes handing out business cards, flyers, or samples.

What happens if I violate the "Non-Soliciting Environment" policy?

If you violate the "Non-Soliciting Environment" policy, you may face consequences such as a warning, disciplinary action, or even termination, depending on the severity of the violation.

Are there any exceptions to the "Non-Soliciting Environment" policy?

In most cases, there are no exceptions to the "Non-Soliciting Environment" policy. However, if there is an event or designated time for promoting products or services, then it may be allowed with prior approval from management.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sfdavis918
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • PampChefJoy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • babywings76