• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No-Frig Snack Ideas for West Point Boodle Boxes

In summary, some good options for no-frig snacks in West Point Boodle Boxes include individually packaged trail mix, beef jerky, granola bars, crackers and single-serve nut butter packets. There are also several allergy-friendly options available such as gluten-free crackers, dried fruit, and single-serve hummus cups. It is not recommended to include fresh fruits or vegetables in the no-frig snack options, and it is important to choose foods with a longer shelf life and pack them in an airtight container or bag to keep them fresh. Homemade snacks are also not recommended due to potential spoilage during shipping.
pamperedape
A friend of mine just sent her baby to West Point. She sent us the following email to get ideas as to what she can send him to munch on...

I'm looking for some recipes to use for Boodle boxes to Hunter at USMA. Boodle boxes are packages with snacks. They have limited area for storage. No frig to place items in. A community microwave. So it has to be items that can be stored without refrigeration or heating.

I know how good we are with goodies, so any good recipes out there?

Oyster Snack Crackers

2 pkg. oyster snack crackers
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Mix (dry)
1 tsp. dill weed
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup veg oil.

Mix seasonings and oil, pour over crackers, stir every 15 minutes for an hour. Put in bags.

They should last for awhile without fridge or microwave. If sealed right away they can last a week or so.

You can also make your own trail mix with dried fruit, pretzels, nuts, etc.

Puppy chow
chex mix
if you have a food saver package them in smaller portions so they stay fresher longer.

If he has room to store a small batter bowl, he can make all sorts of things in a microwave - especially that old college standby, ramen noodles.

I would use the small micro-cooker for Ramen noodles!;)

The oyster cracker recipe also works really well with Ritz Bitz cheese crackers.

Related to No-Frig Snack Ideas for West Point Boodle Boxes

1. What are some good options for no-frig snacks in West Point Boodle Boxes?

Some good options for no-frig snacks in West Point Boodle Boxes include individually packaged trail mix, beef jerky, granola bars, crackers and single-serve nut butter packets. These snacks have a longer shelf life and can withstand different temperatures without needing refrigeration.

2. Are there any allergy-friendly no-frig snacks available for West Point Boodle Boxes?

Yes, there are several allergy-friendly no-frig snacks available for West Point Boodle Boxes. Some options include gluten-free crackers, dried fruit, and single-serve hummus cups. Be sure to check the ingredient list for any potential allergens before including them in the boodle boxes.

3. Can I include fresh fruits or vegetables in the no-frig snack options for West Point Boodle Boxes?

No, it is not recommended to include fresh fruits or vegetables in the no-frig snack options for West Point Boodle Boxes. These items have a shorter shelf life and may spoil during the shipping process. It is best to stick with non-perishable snack options.

4. How can I keep the snacks in the Boodle Boxes fresh without refrigeration?

To keep the snacks in the Boodle Boxes fresh without refrigeration, it is important to choose foods with a longer shelf life and to pack them in an airtight container or bag. You can also include a small packet of silica gel to help absorb any moisture and keep the snacks fresh.

5. Can I include homemade snacks in the no-frig options for West Point Boodle Boxes?

It is not recommended to include homemade snacks in the no-frig options for West Point Boodle Boxes. These snacks may not have a long enough shelf life and could potentially spoil during shipping. It is best to stick with pre-packaged and store-bought options for safety and freshness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • anoelle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
anoelle
Replies