• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Newsletter Sign-Up on PWS | Easy Steps to Add to Your Website

In summary, Noora recommends that you sign up for your newsletter on your PWS using iContact. You can find out how to do this by following the steps outlined in this thread on ChefSuccess.com.
JennLizFran
Gold Member
Hello! I thought I saw on here somewhere about allowing customers to sign-up for your newsletter on your PWS. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

It's if you have iContact. You can go to the sign-up section, follow the prompts as to what questions you want them to answer, and then copy the code & paste it to a "news" section on your PWS. One of the members found that you have to type something, ANYTHING before the code or it confuses the PWS and doesn't display right. You can click on my web page and view my "news" section to see how it looks when you are done. :)

Darn, I don't have iContact, but maybe I should sign up?

I like it. I keep having to upgrade because my contact list is growing, but so far, it's been worth it to me. I put links in mine with all the current host/guest specials, recruiting info, etc. Then I go look to see who's clicking what. I just sent out month #2. I've booked a couple of shows & just had a past host sign as a consultant 2 nights ago! So far, the newsletter is paying for itself. ;)

Shelia. I just checked your website but am confused by what you mean about links to see who is clicking what. Can you explain what it means and how to do that?

She's referring to the ability to see who opens and clicks on links in your newsletter when you use a service like iContact to send your newsletter.

Noora's right. It's iContact that allows me to see who's clicking what links in my newsletter. The PWS just has a form where they can sign up to be on my newsletter. ;)

Oh gotcha. I do use Icontact and like that I can see who clicks on what from the newsletter. I was hoping there was some way to track how many people view your website.(when it's not linked from your newsletter)

I'm having technical difficulties getting this to work. I'm playing around w/ iContact right now....is anyone on that could walk me through this who's done it before?

babywings76 said:
I'm having technical difficulties getting this to work. I'm playing around w/ iContact right now....is anyone on that could walk me through this who's done it before?
What are you having trouble with? We had a few snags also....and I'll try to find the thread it was discussed in....maybe you're having the problem we all did.UPdate:
Ok...found the thread.
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f30/i-ad...newsletter-link-my-pws-news-54686/#post672217 - specifically, the problem I was having, and how I fixed it. (Post #18)...you can read the earlier posts to see what our problem was. Hope that helps! If it's something else, be more specific?

Last edited:
Thanks Bobbi. I created it and got to the page where it gives you the choices of Automatic Sign-up Form or a Manual Sign-up Form. I just copied and pasted the coding that is shown in the manual sign-up form section and pasted that into my PWS. I did as Sheila recommended and added some wording before the code, but when I go to see how it looks, the sign-up form doesn't appear.

Ok...going to sound strange, but can you copy into a post for me- everything you have copied on your PWS section- including the text and code? So everything in the "Feature Description" field when you edit it in "news" section. I want to see (and maybe someone else will spot) what is missing? and compare it to what I have.

Here it is:Would you like a monthly update with a recipe and helpful kitchen tips? Sign up below to be added to my free newsletter list.<style>
.link,
.signupframe {
color: #2F2929;
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}
.link {
text-decoration: none;
}
.signupframe {
border: 1px solid #1010CD;
background: #ffffff;
}
</style>
<form method=post action="https://app.icontact.com/icp/signup.php" name="icpsignup" accept-charset="UTF-8" onsubmit="return verifyRequired();" >
<input type=hidden name=redirect value="http://www.icontact.com/www/signup/thanks.html" />
<input type=hidden name=errorredirect value="http://www.icontact.com/www/signup/error.html" />
<script type="text/javascript">if (document.location.protocol === "https:") document.icpsignup.action = "https://app.icontact.com/icp/signup.php";
function verifyRequired() {
if (document.icpsignup["fields_email"].value == "") {
document.icpsignup["fields_email"].focus();
alert("The Email field is required.");
return false;
}
if (document.icpsignup["fields_fname"].value == "") {
document.icpsignup["fields_fname"].focus();
alert("The First Name field is required.");
return false;
}
if (document.icpsignup["fields_lname"].value == "") {
document.icpsignup["fields_lname"].focus();
alert("The Last Name field is required.");
return false;
}return true;
}
</script>
<div id="SignUp">
<table width="260" class="signupframe" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">
<tr>
<td valign=top align=right>
<font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica, sans-serif">*</font> <font size="2">Email</font>
</td>
<td align=left>
<input type=text name="fields_email">
</td>
</tr>
<font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica, sans-serif">*</font> <font size="2">First Name</font>
</td>
<td align=left>
<input type=text name="fields_fname">
</td>
</tr>
<font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica, sans-serif">*</font> <font size="2">Last Name</font>
</td>
<td align=left>
<input type=text name="fields_lname">
</td>
</tr>
<input type=hidden name="listid" value="9866575">
<input type=hidden name="specialid:9866575" value="GTL1"> <input type=hidden name=clientid value="406779">
<input type=hidden name=formid value="3476">
<input type=hidden name=reallistid value="1">
<input type=hidden name=doubleopt value="0">
<TR>
<TD> </TD>
<TD><font size="1">*</font><font size="2"> = Required Field</FONT></TD>
</TR>
<tr>
<td> </td>
<td><input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit"></td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
</form>
<a class="link" href="http://www.icontact.com"><font size="2">Email Marketing You Can Trust</font></a>

By the way- I copied the text in the "Automatic" box...because then I don't have to make any updates to the code- Icontact will do it for me.

Ok...Got it. I tried putting the "Manual Code" in my PWS instead of the "Automatic Code". When I did that (it's MUCH longer- just like your's posted above), mine blanked out like your's is. I switched back and copied hte Automatic Code in, and I have my newsletter sign-up form box back.
I'd recommend copying the code in the Automatic section, and try that. I don't know the why (don't have much time to dissect it)- but why ask why, when we know what works, right?? :D

Okay, it worked! Yeah! Thanks for the help! :)

Great!! :thumbup: my pleasure!

This is awesome! I just experimented and used my DH's e-mail info and it worked and I just got the confirmation from iContact that he's been added! Cool! :D (Now to delete him, so his name doesn't waste a space in my limited list. hee hee)

babywings76 said:
This is awesome! I just experimented and used my DH's e-mail info and it worked and I just got the confirmation from iContact that he's been added! Cool! :D (Now to delete him, so his name doesn't waste a space in my limited list. hee hee)

LOL!

Glad you were able to get it figured out! :D

is this the service you pay $10 a month for?? I went to icontact to check it out, but i'm so new i dont think i wanna pay $10 a month for it!

I just had a new subscriber tonight! I love this sign up form. I cant remember whose idea it was but I wanted to thankyou and to say thankyou to all of you on this site for all your valuable ideas and suggestions.
Just a question though, when you do have someone new subscirbe to your newsletter, do you send out a thankyou email or just send out a copy of your newsletter if its already been sent?

CAPCnewbie said:
I just had a new subscriber tonight! I love this sign up form. I cant remember whose idea it was but I wanted to thankyou and to say thankyou to all of you on this site for all your valuable ideas and suggestions.
Just a question though, when you do have someone new subscirbe to your newsletter, do you send out a thankyou email or just send out a copy of your newsletter if its already been sent?

I think there is a default 'thank you' webpage that pops up from i-contact when they sign up...if you left that option there (you'd have to look at your i-contact settings for the Sign-up...it was on the page you select the fields. Look towards the bottom.)

KaiKendall said:
is this the service you pay $10 a month for?? I went to icontact to check it out, but i'm so new i dont think i wanna pay $10 a month for it!

Yes, it's a monthly subscription that allows you to send newsletters & keep your name out there. I've been doing PC part time for 1.5 years and my contact list is already over 600, so you'll be surprised at how FAST it adds up!!! I just 2nd out my 2nd newsletter and a past host was clicking on all the links & then e-mailed to say she wanted to sign. She signed last week! :D And all because of a simple newsletter. I think it's worth it & wish I'd have not waited 18 months to start one.

CAPCnewbie said:

You are welcome! :D Bobbi (esavvymom) is the one who figured out how to correct an error in the page format, so she gets credit too!! ;)

You can make your own personal auto responder or you can let iContact send a generic one.

You can also set up auto responders similar to the ones that you get from them with the tips. Every time someone new is added, it would send them a series of timed e-mails. I didn't want to bombard them, so I chose not to do that option. I just send the 1 monthly newsletter & leave it alone after that.

1. How do I sign up for the Pampered Chef newsletter on the PWS website?

To sign up for the Pampered Chef newsletter on the PWS website, simply click on the "Sign Up for Newsletter" button located on the homepage or in the footer of the website. You will be prompted to enter your email address and confirm your subscription.

2. Will I receive any special offers or promotions by signing up for the newsletter?

Yes, by signing up for the newsletter, you will receive exclusive offers, promotions, and new product announcements straight to your inbox. Be sure to check your email frequently so you don't miss out on any deals!

3. Can I choose which types of emails I receive from the Pampered Chef newsletter?

Yes, you have the option to select which types of emails you would like to receive from the Pampered Chef newsletter. You can choose from new product announcements, recipes, tips and tricks, and more.

4. Will my personal information be shared with third parties if I sign up for the newsletter?

No, your personal information will not be shared with any third parties. We respect your privacy and will only use your information to send you the Pampered Chef newsletter.

5. How often will I receive the Pampered Chef newsletter?

The Pampered Chef newsletter is sent out on a monthly basis. However, during special promotions or events, you may receive additional emails with exclusive offers and information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies