• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Ultimate Mandoline: Bigger Size and Affordable Price at $59.50

In summary, the "New Ultimate Mandoline" seems to be a nice tool, but the carafe is not very practical.
I've recently tried mine for tomatoes and zuchini. If anything, I've found the food space too big! I'm sure I'll adapt and get used to it, though. ;)

When I did my zuchini, I ended up having to prep it by cutting it down to smaller lengths, but I was able to get at least 2 pieces into the handler at a time. I loved that I didn't have to try to keep the food guard in position, the product did it for me! I also loved that I didn't have to try to hold the whole thing up while trying to press down, the stand allowed me to keep even and contant pressure on the food plunger.

Overall I MUCH prefer the new one over the old one. I didn't feel like I was in imminent danger of taking a chunk out of my hand!

i am going to have to try this thing. i have had mine for a week, but have still used the old one b/c old habits die hard. i will be trying it soon and hope i love the new one like the old one.

I havent tried the new mandolin YET and after slicing my finger for the first time w/ the USG (only b/c my tomato got stuck and I didnt use the holder.. dUhhhh!!)

I'm looking forward to the crinkle cut.. my daughter loves her carrots like that. Question: how thick do they come out?

its_me_susan said:
I just watched the "Your Season of Success" dvd.

I didn't get my DVD--does it come in our first supply order? I just placed mine today.

I'm really bummed the trivet is going to be coming later. I placed a huge order and likely won't need another order til October. Oh well...

I hope it just comes with it b/c I did not enter anything to order it and really would like to have it. I, too, will not need anymore supplies for a while. BUT am thinking about placing an order to get the trivet and the stickers they talked about in weekly bites when they are available and just eating the shipping, but i will probably wait until Oct 1 to be able to just pay $4.00 shipping.

The DVD comes with your first supply order. You don't have to order it, they just put it in the box. What stickers are you talking about? I saw the trivet information but missed the stickers.

TinasKitchen said:
I havent tried the new mandolin YET and after slicing my finger for the first time w/ the USG (only b/c my tomato got stuck and I didnt use the holder.. dUhhhh!!)

I'm looking forward to the crinkle cut.. my daughter loves her carrots like that. Question: how thick do they come out?

It was thicker than I thought! I want to make "ruffles" potato chips with it but they looked too thick for that. It would be the perfect size for carrots just like out of the frozen veggies bag!

Shawnna said:
The DVD comes with your first supply order. You don't have to order it, they just put it in the box. What stickers are you talking about? I saw the trivet information but missed the stickers.

In yesterday's weekly bites there was info about the garlic & peppercorn rub saying that in the catalog it is "salt free" when in fact it is not salt free. Stickers are available next Tues when they give us the item number. They are going to label all purchased rubs with a "contains salt" sticker but are offering them for our catalogs too if we want them.

Shawnna said:

In this weeks Weekly Bites it said that the new catalogs say the Peppercorn Rub (I think that it=s the right rub) is salt free, but it is not and stickers will be available to order and put on our catalogs. It really does not affect me b/c I have never sold a rub but I still would like them just in case. When they are available to order Weekly Bites is suppose to let us know the number.

I personally think they should automatically send them to us since it was a printing error and we should not have to order them.

Now tell me again about not having to worryabout the size of the food to buy when using the Mandoline.
Sharyn, you just said that you grow roma tomoatoes. I didn't. I have Early Girls and they average about 4 to 5 inches in diameter. The one red one I picked was bigger than the hole in the holder. This means that I can't, nor can anyone who purchases the mandoline, just walk into a grocery store any more and grab a nice, hamburger sized tomato and slice it up on the mandoline. The same goes for the Burmuda Onions I like to buy to make onion rings. They simply will not fit.
So the deal here is not so much to change the food but change the thinking. So, I do need to think differently. So maybe I will make smaller onion rings and tomatoe slices. I'll use two smaller slices instead of one big one. Either way, it sure will be nice without the finger tip or finger nail additions to my food!
Thanks Sharyn for the reminder about making changes and giving things a chance.

gilliandanielle said:
It was thicker than I thought! I want to make "ruffles" potato chips with it but they looked too thick for that. It would be the perfect size for carrots just like out of the frozen veggies bag!

You can adjust the thickness with the lever things. They show it in the dvd. :)

I sliced paper thin shallots!!!

That pesky DVD!! It is on my to-do list........I am excited about making chips again though!!

its_me_susan said:
You can adjust the thickness with the lever things. They show it in the dvd. :)
I think the only adjustable blade is the straight one. I do not believe you can adjust the crinkle blade or the v shaped blade. (I am "on vacation" so I can't check it for sure...)

Get out of here Beth if you are on vacation!! Lol, hope you are having a good time!

Just tried out mine last night, and I love it! It fits perfectly over the medium SS bowl. I cut a cucumber into 4 pieces and sliced each one with the v-shaped cutter. It was beautiful! No worries about slicing my fingers off, either.

I definitely like the new holder better. I like how the top of it comes off, while the guard stays in place. I could put a piece of cucumber in it that was taller than the holder, then push the holder into place as it moved down. I also like how the holder can fit a whole lot more in it than the old one, even if you're just fitting it in the slider directly.

Sure, the thing is a little noisy (I scared my cat!), but other than that, I absolutely love it. Can't wait to try roasted potatoes with the crinkle blade!

I sliced paper thin shallots!!!
Me too Ann! And green pepper to go with them - sauted them to go on steaks. So pretty and I love the way they cooked all evenly!

I have a brunch show on Saturday morning and I am sooo tempted to use it - but I will not. I am making the Bountiful Brunch Pizza and it calls for sliced or chopped onion, green pepper and mushroom. Guess I will use the old one and talk about "Get it now"...to save $$....and then reveal the new one later....for bookings. Is this what you would do?

Cindycooks said:
Me too Ann! And green pepper to go with them - sauted them to go on steaks. So pretty and I love the way they cooked all evenly!

I have a brunch show on Saturday morning and I am sooo tempted to use it - but I will not. I am making the Bountiful Brunch Pizza and it calls for sliced or chopped onion, green pepper and mushroom. Guess I will use the old one and talk about "Get it now"...to save $$....and then reveal the new one later....for bookings. Is this what you would do?

Yeah, that's a good idea. Or, maybe talk about how PC improves on great products and show them both...

jrstephens said:
In this weeks Weekly Bites it said that the new catalogs say the Peppercorn Rub (I think that it=s the right rub) is salt free, but it is not and stickers will be available to order and put on our catalogs. It really does not affect me b/c I have never sold a rub but I still would like them just in case. When they are available to order Weekly Bites is suppose to let us know the number.

I personally think they should automatically send them to us since it was a printing error and we should not have to order them.

A few years ago something like this happened and stickers were offered (free but we had to request them). I got some, started putting them in catalogs but it was a HUGE hassle and I stopped. I just made sure I told everything about....whatever it was :)

If they automatically send them to everyone it really could get expensive for them and wasteful since my guess is only a small % of people would actually use them.

Are you talking about the chillzane-to-go or whatever it was called? It was in the catalog and only a few hundred people got them before the supplier wasn't meeting standards. They had to be removed form the product line and they offered sticker to put "not available" over the pic.

My Director had the new products at our post-conference meeting and we were able to see and touch them. (I got sick at conference and missed the product showroom) She used the decorator bottles at home and said she found it easiest to dump the icing into a ziplock back and cut a hole at the bottom to fill it up. She also said that she didn't even have to use the cleaning tool to get them clean. She used very hot water and dish soap and they came very clean. I haven't used them myself, so I this is not first hand information. I agree with everyone on the Carafe. Looked too cheap for the price.

Now as for the purple....I live in Louisiana! I guess all I can say is Mardi Gras! These will be great for us to sell in the coming months using the Mardi Gras season as the tool. However, living outside of an area that celebrate's Mardi Gras, I can see where they may be harder to sell! But if you want to encourage your guests to celebrate the Mardi Gras season......be my guest! LOL

gilliandanielle said:
Are you talking about the chillzane-to-go or whatever it was called? It was in the catalog and only a few hundred people got them before the supplier wasn't meeting standards. They had to be removed form the product line and they offered sticker to put "not available" over the pic.
I remember that! UGH What a pain!!!

I am glad that I haven't had to go through that!!!!

I just got the mandolin tonight and I really like it alot! The only thing is when I was done slicing tomatoes, there was tomato stuck underneath the blade so it wasn't flush to the plastic. How do you clean it without cutting yourself?

I finally tried mine last night. I made crinkle potatos. I liked it. Kind of a love hate relationahip. I think once I get use to the changes I will like it almost as much as the USG. I had the some problem with the last slice of potato sticking in it to and I pulled it out from the back. I am going to find lots of uses for it between now and my first show in September so I will be more familiar with it by then.

Decorating BottlesI don't know if any one has mentioned this yet as I didn't have to go throught he whole blog but a customer of mine wants those bottles. Now, she is also buying the flexable funnels. She figured she could load up the funnel and squish the frosting in that way since it is flexible and all.
I haven't gotten the bottles yet so I haven't had a chance to try it out. It sounds feasible though.

Personally John, I think icing is just gonna get stuck in the funnel mouth part unless it is thin icing (like for the writing tip), but that is just my opinion. Worth a try tho!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • nancycookspc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • flemings99
  • Products and Tips
Replies