• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Season's Best 2007 Recipes - Appetizer or Dessert Wanted!

I hope it turns out!Debbie,I got the torte pans! I'm going to try the recipe that came with them (Chocolate-Raspberry Dream Torte). It is so good and so easy. Most of the ingredients, I already had in the house!
DebbieSAChef
Has anyone already received their Season's best 2007 and changeove kit? I haven't gotten mine and was wondering if you could post some new simple recipes from the new SB.
I have a meeting coming up on Monday and need to bring a recipe that is new and in the new SB. I am assuming my director has her SB but I don't.

Appetizer or dessert would be great!!

Debbie :D

I am soo waiting for my new book to see all the new recipes! Hope my kit and trifle bowl come sooon!

Nope. Mine should be here tomorrow. :D

not yet still waiting

I would like this as well. I still haven't received anything and I want to start practising the recipes.

Got mine yesterday. Here are the recipes:
Pan-Asian Meatballs
Baja Shrimp Tostadas
Three-onion Goat Cheese Tart
Caribbbean Meat-Filled Pastries
Salmon Cakes with Papaya Sauce
Phyllo-Wrapped Asparagus with Roasted Red Pepper Aioli
spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups
Jerk Chicken Salad
Grilled Steak with Jicama-Corn Slaw
Portobello-chicken Panini
Pork Tenderloin and Citrus Salad
Glazed Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry
Colossal Chopped Salad
Wilted Spinach Salad with Candied Pepper Bacon
Aloha Pizza
Antipasto Vegetable Pizza
Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle
Dulce de Leche Bites
Profiterole Puffs
island Breeze Rum Cake
Warm Chocolate Mini Cakes
Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart
Tropical Wontons with Mango Sauce
Strawberry Amaretto PastriesSounds like some good stuff!!

nicki25 said:
Got mine yesterday. Here are the recipes:
Pan-Asian Meatballs
Baja Shrimp Tostadas
Three-onion Goat Cheese Tart
Phyllo-Wrapped Asparagus with Roasted Red Pepper Aioli
Jerk Chicken Salad
Portobello-chicken Panini
Colossal Chopped Salad
Aloha Pizza
Antipasto Vegetable Pizza
Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle
Dulce de Leche Bites
Profiterole Puffs
island Breeze Rum Cake
Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart
Strawberry Amaretto Pastries

Sounds like some good stuff!!
OMG, these sound fabulous! I cannot wait to get mine and try them out!

heat123 said:
OMG, these sound fabulous! I cannot wait to get mine and try them out!

You poor thing, I feel soooooo bad for you, I really hope you get your things soon....;)

I have to say this by far is the best recipe collection since I started 2005, IMHO ofcourse but they all sound soo yummy!
Pan-Asian Meatballs
Baja Shrimp Tostadas

Jerk Chicken Salad

Colossal Chopped Salad
Aloha Pizza

Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle
Dulce de Leche Bites

island Breeze Rum Cake

I think I will have to try them all, and I never thought this before!

I think this is funny - this is the first year, I don't like the recipes!! My hubby is excited because we have totally different tastes! I don't like spicy foods (all have spicy, jerk, etc in their titles) and I don't like coconut! Most of the desserts! I'll try them, but probably make some substitutions at home... hee,hee!
Joanne

I got it yesterday!Talk about last minute but my meeting isn't until tomorrow so I might try to put something together. We'll see.
Debbie

LOL, I guess I am just a tropical kinda girl (and didn't even know it) !? Cause I only usually eat mexican and italian hee-hee!

ChefinHarmony said:
I think this is funny - this is the first year, I don't like the recipes!! My hubby is excited because we have totally different tastes! I don't like spicy foods (all have spicy, jerk, etc in their titles) and I don't like coconut! Most of the desserts! I'll try them, but probably make some substitutions at home... hee,hee!
Joanne

Im not as impressed with them all either :) only a few, and one is a repeat one! Maybe I think I will try & branch out though.

I got all mine today..Love it. Can't wait to try these ceviche cups..MMMMM

Glad you got it Debbie! Good luck with your recipe!

lilscrapmama said:
Im not as impressed with them all either :) only a few, and one is a repeat one! Maybe I think I will try & branch out though.

I wasn't impressed either. It was interesting though to see the new way to make the Anitpasto veggie Pizza with the new starter kit materials. That dish is always a hit at my hsows. It has been my most requested demo. People cannot get over the fact that once I put the veggies on, the pizza is done but then when they eat it, they always want more.

DebbieSAChef said:
Talk about last minute but my meeting isn't until tomorrow so I might try to put something together. We'll see.
Debbie

Debbie,

Did you get the torte pans? If so, you could make the recipe that came with them (Chocolate-Raspberry Dream Torte). It is so good and so easy. Most of the ingredients, I already had in the house!

I'm taking it to my meeting tomorrow night.

Jennifer

Thanks for the ideaI actually do not have the torte pans but thanks for the info. I love recipes that I have all the ingredients in my fridge and pantry handy. I love to experiment. The Season's best recipe book this time really did not impress me. I actually thought the recipes were just not practical for shows.

Nothing really sounded that appetizing to me. I mean some things sounded like something I might like to try at a cluster meeting to sample but not something I would make for dinner or for a show. Most of my hosts are simple and hopefully this year I will get some hosts that want to try something different.

Debbie :D

lilscrapmama said:

I am not impressed at all either. I know we need different things but A LOT of the ingredient I saw for the new stuff we cannot get here or I hate to ask my host to spend money to buy shrimp. I usually just find a recipe in the cookbook or websites or on here.

I made the Glazed Seasame Chicken Stir-fry last night for dinner and got great reviews from my family. I would probably recommend to lighten up on the hoisin sauce though, it was a bit too "saucy". The prep time was a bit long (especially after a long day at work :) ) but I would make it again.

I love the new recipes and theme but I may be partial too because I lived about half my life on an island. I miss the island life! Ü

jrstephens said:
I am not impressed at all either. I know we need different things but A LOT of the ingredient I saw for the new stuff we cannot get here or I hate to ask my host to spend money to buy shrimp. I usually just find a recipe in the cookbook or websites or on here.

I read somewhere - or maybe saw it on the DVD that you can easily substitute chicken for the shrimp for this recipe....I think I'll also sub a milder pepper for the serrano.....Michigan palates aren't usually too thrilled with super spicy foods. I love the idea that the tortilla cups can be filled with all sorts of things....make mini taco cups out of them, or chicken salad, or put touchdown taco dip in them and bake.....I'm excited to try the different possibilities!
But - I love new recipes, and new flavor combos - so I'm pretty excited about the new cookbook! In fact, I'm having a hard time deciding which recipes to have for my Open House!

It took me awhile, but I am warming up to the new recipes. Of Course, I haven't tried any yet:) This weekend I am planning on making the aloha pizza.
Jason- I love the antipasto veggie pizza and only had one host want it. I keep trying because it is soooo yummy, but it just doesnt' sound as good as the chocolate deserts, I guess. How do you get hosts to pick that one?

sillylittlechef said:
It took me awhile, but I am warming up to the new recipes. Of Course, I haven't tried any yet:) This weekend I am planning on making the aloha pizza.
Jason- I love the antipasto veggie pizza and only had one host want it. I keep trying because it is soooo yummy, but it just doesnt' sound as good as the chocolate deserts, I guess. How do you get hosts to pick that one?

Don't give them a choice! I rarely give my hosts a choice - I make one - two recipes a month. January it was Smashed Potato Soup w/ beer bread. If they want a dessert, I give them easy PC recipes, and have them make it themselves!

sillylittlechef said:

I had it at my very first show because a few guests were vegeatrians and it just gre w from there. People who booked off that show wanted the same thing and just by word of mouth, it was like a snowball effect.

I did have one person pass though but they were very happy with the Chicken Club Ring that I made.

I can't say I'm really excited about this Season's Best. That happens every once in a while. I'm sure that the collections I'm going Woo Hoo! about are the same ones others complain about.

We had our Kick Off Party last night, and I made the Warm Chocolate Cupcake Mini's, very simple, and delicious. Since I was traveling an hour to the destination, I brought the chocolate sauce with me and everyone had fun drizzling the chocolate on theirs. YUM!

I also tried new recipes, such as the Aloha Pizza, which I LOVED, the jerk chicken on the cover of SB, great! And that trifle on the new cover of S/S catalog, simply Heavenly!!

Give them a try!!

I'll be taking the Dulce de Leche Bites to mine. They sound yummy, and I can make it ahead.

I have a question...
The Aloha Pizza says "Light" at the bottom... I don't typically watch calories, etc... But I have two hosts in Feb that want low fat, etc.. and one host specifically said she wanted a "pizza with whole wheat crust, chicken"...
I know the Aloha Pizza doesn't have whole wheat crust...but ...
Is 420 calories, 12 g fat, 4.5 g Sat. Fat. , 45 mg cholesterol, 50g carbohydrate, 26g protein, 1000mg(!!!) sodium, 2g fiber... 'Light' ????
would this be something to offer someone wanting low fat, light recipes?
I'm seriously asking you guys...I'm not being rude...( I don't mean to sound like Simon Cowell!..I'm sincere!)

Last edited:
ChefNic said:
I have a question...
The Aloha Pizza says "Light" at the bottom... I don't typically watch calories, etc... But I have two hosts in Feb that want low fat, etc.. and one host specifically said she wanted a "pizza with whole wheat crust, chicken"...
I know the Aloha Pizza doesn't have whole wheat crust...but ...
Is 420 calories, 12 g fat, 4.5 g Sat. Fat. , 45 mg cholesterol, 50g carbohydrate, 26g protein, 1000mg(!!!) sodium, 2g fiber... 'Light' ????
would this be something to offer someone wanting low fat, light recipes?
I'm seriously asking you guys...I'm not being rude...( I don't mean to sound like Simon Cowell!..I'm sincere!)

You could make it on whole wheat if you use frozen wheat bread dough for the crust. The sodium is mostly because of the BBQ sauce - that stuff is LOADED with salt! If you look, you may be able to find a reduced-sodium version in the grocery store.

PC labels recipes as "Light" when they get less than 30% of their calories from fat.

ChefBeckyD said:
I read somewhere - or maybe saw it on the DVD that you can easily substitute chicken for the shrimp for this recipe

I posted that on some other thread. The test kitchen staff who did the workshop at Leadership said that chicken could easily be substituted. Or you could get the shrimp when it's on sale (Meijer has the bags of cooked frozen shrimp buy one, get one free fairly regularly) and take it with you.

chefann said:
You could make it on whole wheat if you use frozen wheat bread dough for the crust. The sodium is mostly because of the BBQ sauce - that stuff is LOADED with salt! If you look, you may be able to find a reduced-sodium version in the grocery store.

PC labels recipes as "Light" when they get less than 30% of their calories from fat.
Thank you!! That's some good info and advice!!
I just got home from the grocery store!! But I'll look next time !!
Maybe the PC BBQ seasoning-old one I still have some... Or the NEW one-I don't have...would be less sodium???
anyway!
THanks !

chefann said:
I posted that on some other thread. The test kitchen staff who did the workshop at Leadership said that chicken could easily be substituted. Or you could get the shrimp when it's on sale (Meijer has the bags of cooked frozen shrimp buy one, get one free fairly regularly) and take it with you.

Ann - right now, our Meijers has shrimp Buy one Get TWO free!!! Check with yours though, because I know that my mom lives in Holland, and sometimes the sales differ.

ChefBeckyD said:
Ann - right now, our Meijers has shrimp Buy one Get TWO free!!! Check with yours though, because I know that my mom lives in Holland, and sometimes the sales differ.
Thanks, Becky! I don't eat shrimp myself, so I usually ignore that part of the sale circulars. Guess I'll get a couple bags and toss them in the freezer. I'll hae to hide them from DH or he'll eat them all himself.

chefann said:
Thanks, Becky! I don't eat shrimp myself, so I usually ignore that part of the sale circulars. Guess I'll get a couple bags and toss them in the freezer. I'll hae to hide them from DH or he'll eat them all himself.

There is a recipe in the "It's Good For You" cookbook for Shrimp and Linguine that is fabulous! And it is also just as good made with chicken! You could go halfsies w/ your DH on that one!:D

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • chefinbiz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedPeggy
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies