• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Recruit with P3, Compatible with Mac? Need Help Training Properly?

In summary, PamperedPartner will reach the end of its lifecycle on Feb. 28, 2009. U.S. Consultants must upgrade to P3 in order to continue to submit orders and manage contacts. P3 makes it simpler for Consultants to place orders, track sales, monitor recruiting leads, contact customers and track income and expenses. In addition, P3 runs on Macintosh computers. The following resources are available to help Consultants make the transition: audio workshops, Tech Support, and a forthcoming version that will run on Macintosh computers.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
A NEW ewcruit has p3, and she says she called pc and they told her p3 isn' compatible w/ mac? reallyfrom some posts on here i get a different impression..can someone please help me so i can guide and train her properly...Maybe she could call back and get a different person at home office..or maybe i could call too.. But just wanted some insight from here too..
Her first show is Fri...

I should start a thread with this info - I've given it to several people in the last 2 weeks. :)P3 is not directly Mac compatible. Tech is working on it, but it'll be a year or more before the Mac version is ready.If your recruit has a newer Intel-based Mac, getting P3 to run is doable. (Intel based Macs have been on the market for about 2-3 years, so unless she's got an older machine, she's probably OK.) The current version of the operating system, OSX version 10.5 has a program called Boot Camp that's included. That program will let you install and run Windows on a Mac. Boot Camp is on the OSX install CD, but it doesn't automatically install. Do a complete system backup and then install it. There are help and directions on the CD. If your recruit runs into problems, Apple has a lot of help online or at Apple Stores (get an appointment at the Genius Bar, if there's an Apple Store near you). Once Boot Camp is installed, then your recruit will need to install Windows inside boot camp (again, instructions on the CD). Then install P3. Boot Camp requires that you reboot into Windows when you want to use it. But it's free with the operating system.I personally use Parallels, which is a similar program but doesn't require a total reboot to get into Windows. It's about $80 street price. There are other applications that do the same thing - others have posted them in the past.

I use Sun's "Virtual Box". My DH set it up though, so I can't tell you much beyond what application he installed. I don't have to reboot into Windows. Virtual Box runs as an application by itself, and I can switch back and forth just fine.

Marla G. e-mailed me last week said the mac version is ready!!

MORFIA said:

Really?!? Yay!!

MORFIA said:

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? Holy cow! You wouldn't believe some of the host's husbands who tell me I'm being so naughty for running Windows on my Mac. If we got P3 for Mac, I wouldn't ever ever ever have to touch Windows again from my Mac!

It will run on a MAC now! Yeah!!!Marla----- Original Message -----
To: The Pampered Chef; Gottschalk, Marla
Sent: Fri Oct 03 17:20:11 2008
Subject: Re: Important News About PamperedPartnerI hope its for MAC!!MorfiaOn Oct 3, 2008, at 6:12 PM, [email protected] wrote:> Dear PamperedPartner® User,
>
>
> We wanted to make you aware that PamperedPartner® will reach the end
> of its lifecycle on Feb. 28, 2009. This means all U.S. Consultants
> must upgrade to PamperedPartner® Plus (P3) before the end of
> February 2009, in order to continue to submit orders and manage
> contacts.
>
> P3 makes it simpler for Consultants to place orders, track sales,
> monitor recruiting leads, contact customers and track income and
> expenses. In addition, it includes the following features
> Consultants have requested most often:
>
> 1) Simplifies Personal Web Site order tracking and sales:
> Online orders are automatically downloaded into P3. You can copy
> Outside Show orders from your Personal Web Site to your Shows in P3.
>
> 2) Transforms Order History into a sales tool:
> Easily identify a customer’s buying habits and suggest new purchases
> or hosting a Show during a particular month based on the host special.
>
> 3) Prevent unresolved issues:
> The finalize tab provides an at-a-glance view of outstanding issues
> that need to be resolved, before submitting an order.
>
> In order to help Consultants make a smooth transition, the following
> resources are available:
>
> 1) Audio Workshops:
> Listen to National Conference workshop recordings conducted by
> Consultants who have successfully made the move to P3. You can find
> them on Consultant’s Corner under Consultant and Leadership Training/
> Online Training Center/Resources.
>
> 2) Tech Support:
> You may contact the Tech Support team by calling the Solution Center
> at 1-888-OUR-CHEF (687-2433) with any questions.
>
>
> Also, available on an upcoming version by popular demand, P3 will
> run on Macintosh computers.

>
> We have begun sending e-mail reminders to PamperedPartner® users so
> they will have ample time to make the switch before the February
> deadline. If any members of your Cluster are not yet using P3,
> please encourage them to make the switch. If Consultants choose to
> wait until after the holidays, it could contribute to longer
> response times from our Tech Support team.
>

You just made my day!

Sorry for the hijack!

wadesgirl said:
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? Holy cow! You wouldn't believe some of the host's husbands who tell me I'm being so naughty for running Windows on my Mac. If we got P3 for Mac, I wouldn't ever ever ever have to touch Windows again from my Mac!

see---I told her I needed GOOD news---!! Not sure when--But maybe already--
It should have been its own E-MAIL--

I can't wait to remove my windows!!

wadesgirl said:
You just made my day!

Sorry for the hijack!

big SMILES-Glad I could pass that on--

MORFIA said:
see---I told her I needed GOOD news---!! Not sure when--But maybe already--
It should have been its own E-MAIL--

I can't wait to remove my windows!!

I'm glad that Windows loads fast on my Mac. Sometimes I'll have a host call while I'm on the Mac side and have to load Windows to close their show. If it was as slow as my PC I would go crazy!

By the way, I love my ribbon tote still! It gets plenty of use and is holding up great!

Oh- that note was published here last week. It says UPCOMING not AVAILABLE NOW (or soon). Upcoming could still mean 9-12 months with testing and field testing.Darn. You got me all excited.

1. What is "New Recruit Has Mac" and what does it mean?

"New Recruit Has Mac" is a term used by Pampered Chef to refer to a new consultant who has joined our company and uses an Apple Mac computer. This means that they have the ability to access our exclusive consultant website and resources using their Mac device.

2. What is P3 and how does it relate to "New Recruit Has Mac"?

P3 is our Pampered Chef consultant website, where you can access training, marketing materials, and other resources to help you succeed in your business. "New Recruit Has Mac" means that the consultant has the ability to access P3 using their Mac device.

3. Do I need a Mac computer to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, you do not need a Mac computer to become a consultant. While "New Recruit Has Mac" refers to consultants who use Mac devices, we welcome consultants with any type of computer or device to join our team.

4. How do I access P3 using my Mac device?

If you are a new consultant with a Mac device, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access P3 using your device. You can also reach out to your upline or our consultant support team for assistance.

5. Are there any special features or benefits for "New Recruit Has Mac" consultants?

Yes, "New Recruit Has Mac" consultants have the ability to use our exclusive Mac-compatible software and tools, as well as access to the latest training and resources specifically designed for Mac users. They may also have the opportunity to participate in Mac-specific events and training sessions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • pchockeymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies