• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Driving to the Post Office the New Standard for Product Adjustments?

In summary, HO has changed their procedures for returns and adjustments. Instead of sending Fedex to pick up the items, they are now sending a mailing address label for the host to take the items to the post office. This has caused some inconvenience for hosts and guests, especially for those who live far from a post office. However, if the total cost of the items is under $50, Fedex will still be sent to pick up the items. There doesn't seem to be a consistent procedure for returns and adjustments, as sometimes a label is sent and other times they are told to just mail it. This can be frustrating for hosts, especially when they have to go to the post office for an error they didn't make.
heat123
Silver Member
I just got off the phone with HO regarding two wrong products for my host. I was expecting Fedex would come pick it up.... (it's been awhile since I've had to do an adjustment). Anyways they said they were shipping out a label for the host to take the items to the Post office. :( Is this the new procedure? Hosts or guests have to drive to the postoffice for an HO mistake?

That sounds like something new to me!! When there's been a mistake or something that needed a return on a show (within the 1st 30 days) HO has sent Fed Ex to pick it up.

hmmmm, I just had one of these last week and fed ex came and picked up the package at my house

They can hand it to their mail carrier. I'm guessing it is a lighter item? They have always sent those back via USPS.

No the lady said it had to be taken in to the PO, it could not be handed to the mail person. It was the large round stone and the salad choppers.

I just called back to double check with any "new procedures" and the other lady said they will usually have a mailing address label sent if it was under $50 (and the total was at $49). But I told her the host sounded a bit put off by having to go to the PO (with their mistake) so they corrected the adjustment and will have Fedex come pick up. :)

I have had both, Fed Ex and mailing labels. It's easy, just put it in a box and slap the lable on there.

They used to send lables all the time. Some host find it easier than trying to catch the FedEx driver, or leaving on the porch for up to three days.

ShanaSmith said:
They used to send lables all the time. Some host find it easier than trying to catch the FedEx driver, or leaving on the porch for up to three days.

I guess it depends on how far away the PO is to your home? For myself, it would be an inconvenience to take it to the PO since it's not that close. And this host kind of lives in a remote location not near a PO.

This is the way it's always been in Canada. My hosts have never minded doing it - but we can just pop them into any of the mailboxes that are usually found at grocery stores, gas stations, etc...

wait, they give you guys labels? I just had a damaged product and they just told me to mail it.... I took it to the post office and it cost $11 for shipping! :(

pampermejolene said:
wait, they give you guys labels? I just had a damaged product and they just told me to mail it.... I took it to the post office and it cost $11 for shipping! :(

If it's within the 30 day delivery period, you can get a label or FE will come pick it up! Otherwise the cost is yours or your hosts or guests responsibilty. Hope that helps!?!

There doesn't seem to be a set procedure for these. I had a host get a broken deep covered baker and they wanted her to send it back. They were supposed to send a shipping label. Which she never got. But another was supposed to be sent. So the baker is over $50, so it doesn't always seem to be if it is under $50 they send label.
I agree that the host shouldn't have to run to the post office for an error they didn't make. Most of mine are easy going about it. The baker she of course wasn't.
But then other times we have broken things and they say don't send it back. So it is hard to tell when and why. :rolleyes:

I wouldnt be happy if I was a host and had to go to the po for something like that. I dread small errands like that with two small kids. I was happy they sent out fedex for the adjustment i had

1. What is the new procedure for adjustments?

The new procedure for adjustments at Pampered Chef involves filling out an online form with the necessary information and submitting it for review. This new process allows for quicker and more efficient handling of adjustments.

2. How do I access the online form for adjustments?

The online form for adjustments can be found on our website under the "Customer Service" tab. Simply click on the "Adjustments" option and you will be directed to the form.

3. What information do I need to provide on the online form?

The online form will require you to provide your order number, the item(s) you wish to have adjusted, and a brief description of the issue. You may also attach any relevant photos or documents to support your request.

4. Will I receive a confirmation after submitting the form?

Yes, you will receive a confirmation email after submitting the form. This email will include a reference number for your request, which you can use for any further inquiries or updates.

5. How long will it take for my adjustment request to be processed?

Our team will review and process your adjustment request within 3-5 business days. If any further information is needed, we will reach out to you via email. Once the request is approved, the adjusted amount will be credited back to your original form of payment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bostonbelle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefZee
  • Butterfly15
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lauradahl
  • taterbug