• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Here and With Pampered Chef

In summary, you decided to become a PC consultant before you even saw any of their products. You had a party and 3 people showed up. However, you are now uncomfortable "asking people to host for" you. You find two other hosts and book a show with your SIL.
ZippyKitty
It's a long story but I decided I'd like to be a PC consultant even before I saw any of their products. I'm also very shy (although I over compensate so many people who know me don't believe me). So I had a party (after being referred to a consultant) and 3 people showed up! But they loved it! Everyone agreed to host + I found two other hosts.

However I'm pretty much out of host leads. I'm really uncomfortable asking people to host for me. Hopefully the parties will generate leads.

I order my kit tomorrow. (I'm having a bit of trouble and my consultant is out of town today - but will be back tomorrow). I'm very nervous.

I'm going to read through the bookings board as I really need help generating bookings. There is so much to learn.

I'm looking forward to it though.

ZK

Welcome Zippy! You'll find lots of help here.

Welcome, and congratulations on your new business.You mention being uncomfortable "asking people to host for" you. Try thinking of it this way. You aren't asking them for a favor. You're doing them one by offering them a way to get free/discounted products. You're offering them something of value.Best wishes!

Best of luck to you - and congratulations!! I agree with raebates in that you are doing THEM a favor...and man are they are ever bonusing from it!! However, it can be a little uncomfortable asking people to book a show at first, but then it becomes very easy. Have you started your list of 100? That's a GREAT resource!! Just remember to have fun at your shows and enjoy yourself! Best of luck to you!

I haven't got my kit yet - I haven't ordered it yet - so I don't even know what my list of 100 is. I assume it is a list of possible contacts. Problem is - I'm an engineer - with all the social tendencies that entails :) . I asked my S-I-L today to host a show and handed her a catalogue from my party. She asked what the host benefits were and she left quite thrilled. Most my friends hate these sorts of parties though :) . And I pushed it a little too far with a good friend so now I'm nervous.Funny thing is - that got me pretty much double booked. One of the people at the party agreed to host - but she wasn't as enthusiastic as the other two. She also couldn't do it until late Feb. No problem I suggested the weekend of the 23. She didn't get back about it so I let it go (after a couple of emails - she regularly communicates by email). I was speaking to her husband today and it seems she's been inviting people! But I booked with my SIL (4 hours away) for that weekend! Its okay - we moved the first person to early March. ZK

ZippyKitty said:
I haven't got my kit yet - I haven't ordered it yet - so I don't even know what my list of 100 is. I assume it is a list of possible contacts. Problem is - I'm an engineer - with all the social tendencies that entails :) .

I asked my S-I-L today to host a show and handed her a catalogue from my party. She asked what the host benefits were and she left quite thrilled. Most my friends hate these sorts of parties though :) . And I pushed it a little too far with a good friend so now I'm nervous.

Funny thing is - that got me pretty much double booked. One of the people at the party agreed to host - but she wasn't as enthusiastic as the other two. She also couldn't do it until late Feb. No problem I suggested the weekend of the 23. She didn't get back about it so I let it go (after a couple of emails - she regularly communicates by email). I was speaking to her husband today and it seems she's been inviting people! But I booked with my SIL (4 hours away) for that weekend! Its okay - we moved the first person to early March.

ZK

What type of engineering???? What school did you go to?

I'm an engineer too. :D

I'm an aerospace engineer in Canada. I'm expecting baby #2 at the end of August and with the cost of daycare I figure I might "retire". We shall see. DH may be losing his job at the end of July ... so I was looking for options. PC offers the ability to work around my family's schedule and is portable if we decide to move. (I went to UofT for my Master's degree)
ZK

ZippyKitty said:
I'm an aerospace engineer in Canada. I'm expecting baby #2 at the end of August and with the cost of daycare I figure I might "retire". We shall see.

DH may be losing his job at the end of July ... so I was looking for options. PC offers the ability to work around my family's schedule and is portable if we decide to move.

(I went to UofT for my Master's degree)
ZK

IE here...Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) in Wisconsin for Bachelors...UW-Stout for Masters in Technology Managment (was working on a Masters in Engineering Management before I got married and moved up away from schools.)

I have two kids also...

I took about 1 1/2 years "off" engineering when my #1 was born.

I think you'll really enjoy PC and the flexibility...

Welcome Zippy!

I had a hard time in the beginning. I felt like THEY were doing ME a favor by hosting a show. At my last PC meeting, I heard of a way to look at it from a different perspective. In our software program that we use to transmit shows, you can have it pull up a thank you letter for your host. In it, it tells them a few things about their party. One of them is how much $$ product they got, how much $$ they paid, and how much $$ they SAVED. Then, at the bottom it shows how much $$ they would have MADE if they were the consultant. MOST SHOWS THE HOST "MAKES" MORE THAN WE DO!! It may be that they are being compensated in product, but most of the time it's for more $$ than we are making!

That really helped me to look at things differently. Sure, you are asking some of your friends and family to consider doing a show for you to start off your business, but THEY will be very well compensated for it!

Welcome to CS and to PC!!

Welcome!! You will love this place!!!

An awesome way to look at it: I'm scheduling shows for February and March. When would you like to be included?

God Bless.

-praying for Paige and her family-

Zippy Kitty,

I am in the same boat you are in. I am ordering my consultant kit on Tuesday and I am really nervous about it. My Director told me to make sure that I had four solid bookings before I ordered my kit, and I have three parties and one catalog party booked, but I am nervous that one of these will cancel. I however am not shy at all, I have worked in sales and fundraising for years and normally have no qualms asking people to buy or purchase things, however my husband and I could really use the extra income from this and I really don't want to fail. I have already been asked about doing a fundraiser for a local organization. I am not sure what all of that entails, but if anyone has any good information or tips on that I would really appreciate it. I know my commission won't be as much, but I feel that it would be a great place to get new leads for regular shows and I'd be helping out in the community.

I have been silently looking over the message boards for the past two days and I am extremely excited about all the information and how helpful everyone is. If anyone has any suggestions for me, please let me know.

I am new here, too! I will be ordering my kit the end of next week after my mom goes back to Florida. I have two cooking shows definitely booked, a catalog show booked, and three other cooking shows that I'm supposed to call to book on Thursday next week.

I am really excited and can't wait to get started! We CAN do this!!!!

Kristy

Congrats to all you newbies!! You will LOVE the business and all that it has to offer. How great that you're out here "researching" and learning as much as you can about PC. This is an awesome place to get support, ideas and motivation. Welcome to PC and CS!!

As for being shy, that was the biggest thing holding me back when I started nearly 5 years ago. I tell you, the biggest reward I've gotten from this business (yeah, and the trips are nice too!:) ) is overcoming that shyness and really coming out of my shell. I knew at the beginning that it would be an obstacle for me, but one I really wanted to overcome. I looked at it as a personal challenge to myself to see if I could do it. And I hated cooking, so I had two "strikes" against me. Five years later, it obviously has been a good fit for me. Andl, I'm happy to say it's taught me how to cook (DH likes that too!) and I've become a much more confident person. It's totally helped me step out of my comfort zone, which has trickled into other areas of my life. I've done things that would have petrified me before PC, so I wish you the best of luck!!! Stick with it even when it seems hard and you're nervous....the payoffs are HUGE!!!

I hope you all get at least HALF as much as I have out of it. Enjoy it and have fun!!!:D

What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items. Our mission is to help people enjoy the art of cooking and entertaining at home.

How do I get started with Pampered Chef?

To get started with Pampered Chef, you can either host a party with a consultant, join as a consultant yourself, or simply shop our products online. You can also contact a consultant directly to learn more about our products and opportunities.

What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you will have the opportunity to earn flexible income, receive discounts on products, and be a part of a supportive community. You will also have access to training and resources to help you succeed in your business.

What types of products does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items. We have everything from pots and pans to baking supplies, knives, and small appliances. Our products are designed to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable.

How can I find a Pampered Chef consultant in my area?

You can find a consultant in your area by visiting our website and using the "Find a Consultant" feature. Simply enter your zip code, and a list of consultants near you will be displayed. You can also attend a Pampered Chef party and connect with a consultant there.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JoyfulChef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
JoyfulChef
  • Teresa Johnson
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
KylieBee17
  • ParadisePantry