• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Alternative Party Ideas for a Power Outage: Navigating Hosting Challenges

In summary, the host's home is without power, but they do have a generator. They are going to make the veggie pizza and either bring it or make it at home and demo how to use the tools. There is no dessert option.
Cooking_Mama
I am hosting my second party tomorrow and as of right now my host's home is without power. They do have a generator but it doesn't run the stove. She is a good friend and we are just going to roll with it anyhow. :)

I was planning on making the veggie pizza. What would be another alternative to make or do if I can't bake or use the stove?

I was thinking of making something at home and bringing it and talking about the tools I used. I'm just now sure what to do.

Thanks so much!

Take some chicken already cooked, and make the Southwestern Salad. It's yummy and everything can be prepared there....use the salad chopper.

For desert, melt some chocolate chips and pour into silicone floral pan....refrigerate to let set....you can pop them out at show while explaining that all you did was micro the chips.

Does she have a microwave that would run? You could do a micro recipe if so? Or do a search for no bake recipes. Or actually a good one that you could start at home is the Club House Chicken Squares. Even if you can't use the fridge to cool them no one has ever complained that they aren't any good. You would probably just have to cook the chicken, bacon and base at home but you can still demo most of the recipe. I'm sure you can find the recipe but I have it in word so I'll attach it.

Attachments

• Club House Chicken Squares.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 237
You could definitely bring it already made. I do that a lot, especially when they want a quicker show or have seen a lot of the products already. I'll then let them play with other tools, show the Pineapple Wedger, etc.

if they have a generator I would do a DCB in the micro recipe these have been big hits for me

Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate them! :)

Cooking_Mama said:
Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate them! :)

Hi Cooking Mama....let me know what you end up doing and how it goes!

Still no power as of right now. I've decided I would try the volcano cake in the rice cooker. I am also going to look into the southwestern salad but I didn't see a recipe for it?

Hi Cooking Mama....go to pamperedchef.com, under recipes, you'll find southwestern salad. It's a use and care recipe and seriously yummy

I'd personally do a no-cook recipe or take one already cooked. Generators can only run so much, and a microwave would be a high-wattage item. I would feel really bad if I used too much power. :D but that's just me.

Any trifle, if you have a trifle bowl. Any layered salad - also in the trifle bowl. OR, Do one of the no-bake desserts - the Pineapple Mango torte is really good! Also, a few seasons back is the awesome No-bake Cherry Cheesecake.

I'd be inclined to show the APC/S and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar.

You could even do some layered Batter Bowl mix recipes, or even Power Cooking Chicken or Power Cooking Beef - you just cook the meat up ahead of time; bring the bags already portioned for folks to hands-on interactively make up the recipes.

1. How can I continue cooking during a power outage?

During a power outage, it is best to use alternative cooking methods such as a gas grill, charcoal grill, or camping stove. You can also use a solar oven or wrap food in foil and cook it over an open fire.

2. What are some pantry staples that can be easily used during a power outage?

Some pantry staples that can be used during a power outage include canned goods, dry pasta and rice, nuts and seeds, and shelf-stable milk. These items can be easily prepared and do not require electricity.

3. Can I still use my Pampered Chef products during a power outage?

Yes, most Pampered Chef products can still be used during a power outage. For example, the Manual Food Processor and Manual Food Processor Plus do not require electricity and can be used to chop and blend ingredients. The stoneware collection can also be used in a gas or charcoal grill.

4. How can I keep food cold during a power outage?

If you have a generator, you can use it to power your refrigerator. If not, you can use a cooler with ice to keep perishable foods cold. It is important to keep the cooler in a cool, shaded area to prevent the ice from melting quickly.

5. What are some easy and healthy meal ideas for a power outage?

Some easy and healthy meal ideas for a power outage include sandwiches, salads, and wraps. You can also make a stir-fry using shelf-stable ingredients or grill vegetables and proteins on a gas or charcoal grill. Overnight oats or chia pudding can also be made ahead of time and served as a healthy breakfast during a power outage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMrs.Ray
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • clshirk
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
katie0128
  • msmileyface