• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant's Holiday Bazaar Struggles

In summary, the speaker is a new consultant who is struggling to get bookings and sales. They are unsure about participating in a Holiday Gift Bazaar where most businesses have cash and carry items. Suggestions from other consultants include promoting door prizes, displaying as many products as possible, and offering a free kitchen show as a drawing. They also advise following up with leads after the event and addressing concerns about PC being expensive by highlighting the variety of affordable products.
brakai02
:confused: I was asked to participate recently in a Holiday Gift Bazaar. However, the majority of the businesses have cash and carry items where as I will not.
I recently did a flea market at my church and all I heard from people is that stuff is too expensive. I tried to explain what a great product and the awesome warranty and customer service is provided with them. They did not want to hear it. I did have a drawing for a door prize and I am going to start making calls the 1st of next week trying to get bookings, sales, or referrals.
I am a new consultant and desperately trying to get bookings.
Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone done a holiday bazaar where everyone else had cash and carry items? If so how did it work out?

although i have not done this type of thing yet, here are my suggestions:

-Display as many products as you can and have at least a bunch of Season's best recipe books on hand for people to buy as christmas presents.
-Whatever you have that cannot be displayed, maybe keep in your crate uder the table. This way when someone wants to see the product, they can.
Promote the door prize as best as you can...it really helps draw people in. When someone walks by, say hello and ask if the would like to enter to win a free prize, then while they are filling out the slip, ask if they have heard about pampered chef...ect ect
-If you see them check yes they want to host a show and there is no one else around, mention that and try to get them to book (it worked for me just the other day!)
-try to find out what their fav. products are and relate them to monthly host specials
-You will also want to print out the list of fall and winter products in order of price. it was posted here under the thread marked "an under $10 list" if you can't find it, I will post or e-mail it to you. This really helps people see how inexpensive we really are
-As far as follow up is concerned, call starting the day after the event...you gotta call them while the idea is still fresh in their mind, if not, they will forget all about you, especially those who mark maybe. You really only have a few days to follow up on everyone.

I wish you the best of luck and hope all of this helped, if you need anything else, just let me know

I agree with Lauren except instead of a door prize offer a drawing for a free kitchen show. This will give you less leads but they will be good solid leads. Otherwise you will end up with a bunch of leads that are not interested in PC. Maybe alter the product list a little so you can display it on the table and I always tell people that 80% of the catalog is under $20 when they say that PC is so expensive.

I just went to the fair last month and walked away with several solid leads and gave away 5 free kitchen shows and even got 2 recruiting leads out of it.

Last edited:
Free Kitchen Shows...
bbauman07 said:
I agree with Lauren except instead of a door prize offer a drawing for a free kitchen show. This will give you less leads but they will be good solid leads. Otherwise you will end up with a bunch of leads that are not interested in PC. Maybe alter the product list a little so you can display it on the table and I always tell people that 80% of the catalog is under $20 when they say that PC is so expensive.

I just went to the fair last month and walked away with several solid leads and gave away 5 free kitchen shows and even got 2 recruiting leads out of it.

I tried the "free kitchen show" give away before, and people kept saying to me that they knew having a show was free anyways...what do you say when someone tells you that?

This has only happened to me once a lady said that her old consultant always did free kitchen shows, but her consultant no longer sells PC. My reply was along the lines of that probally why she went out of business, she laughed and agreed. I did word it nicer than that though.I think my reply would be something like this. Well a show basically is free (as far as my services) however you normally would purchase the ingredents for the recipe and postage for the invitations and this is what I'm offering you for free, and you will still receive the $15 thank you from PC as if you purchased the ingredents. I hope this helps.

1. How do I prepare for my first Holiday Bazaar as a new consultant?

As a new consultant, it's important to plan ahead and be organized for your first Holiday Bazaar. Start by creating a checklist of items you will need such as product inventory, business cards, order forms, and display items. It's also helpful to attend training sessions and reach out to experienced consultants for tips and advice.

2. How can I attract customers to my booth at the Holiday Bazaar?

There are several ways to draw attention to your booth at a Holiday Bazaar. Consider offering free samples, hosting a recipe demonstration, or creating eye-catching displays with your products. You can also promote your participation in the bazaar through social media and word of mouth.

3. What should I do if I'm struggling to make sales at the Holiday Bazaar?

If you're having trouble making sales at the Holiday Bazaar, try offering special promotions or discounts to attract customers. You can also engage with potential customers by asking them questions, offering product recommendations, and providing helpful tips and information about your products.

4. How can I stand out among other vendors at the Holiday Bazaar?

To stand out among other vendors, it's important to have a visually appealing and well-organized booth. Consider using colorful tablecloths, signage, and product displays to catch customers' attention. You can also offer unique and exclusive products that are not available elsewhere at the bazaar.

5. What should I do after the Holiday Bazaar to follow up with potential customers?

After the Holiday Bazaar, be sure to follow up with potential customers by sending thank-you notes or emails. You can also offer special discounts or promotions to encourage them to make a purchase. Additionally, make sure to keep track of their contact information for future marketing efforts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jbondr
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
jbondr
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Kasper2010
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies