• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Networking for Business Success in 2008

In summary, a networking group can be helpful to expand your business, but be aware of the costs beforehand.
Sherry Leigh
I'm looking to expand my business in 2008 and am considering joining/creating a networking group. Do you belong to one? Have you created one? Please share your experiences!

...bump...

I did belong to one, for about a month and then I dropped out. Basically when I joined, (perhaps miscommunication), I was told it was $10 a month, pay when you come. In November they told me dues were due for 6 months. Basically at Christmastime, I am not spending anything extra then what I need to. They kept emailing me "reminders" which were annoying because I knew I needed to pay. Then when I said I couldnt make the meeting (they had changed the date due to thanksgiving), but I booked an event, they said I would still have to pay.

From what I understand, that is normal, because you are paying to committing to going. But that wasn't how I understood my group to be. I had went to a networking event they hosted, and spoke to other people (before dropping out) and I asked questions like "how long have you been with this group?" some have been in it for a year or more. those people I asked "have you received a lot of business from this" and i was suprised to hear "not a lot" have received business.

I guess it is all about getting your name out there. Which I have been doing on my own. I've done bridal shows, holiday events, school events, etc. I went to http://www.jerisigns.com (thanks KellyTheChef) and I got my website printed and put the decal on my car w/Merrill's PC logo. I leave mini and old catalogs everywhere, the list goes on...

Hope my input helps.

That's too bad they didn't work out for you. It's something I'd really like to get into. If the costs are all too high I'd like to start something informal with other local DS reps...
Anyone else?

Yes, when I do go to events, I do mingle with the other vendors. Have made some great connections that way, and its great because when they hear about an event they pass it along to me...its great and informal, and free.

:)

Related to Networking for Business Success in 2008

1. What is networking for business success?

Networking for business success refers to the act of building and maintaining professional relationships with individuals and businesses in order to expand your reach, gain new opportunities, and increase success in your career or business. It involves actively connecting and collaborating with others in your industry or related fields.

2. Why is networking important for success in 2008?

Networking has always been crucial for success in any business or industry, but in 2008, with the rise of social media and online platforms, it has become even more essential. Networking allows you to stay updated on industry trends, gain valuable insights from others, and establish a strong presence in your field. It also helps you to expand your network and find new opportunities for growth.

3. How can I network effectively in 2008?

To network effectively in 2008, start by identifying your goals and target audience. Utilize social media platforms, attend networking events and conferences, and join professional organizations in your industry. Be proactive in reaching out to others, and always follow up after making connections. Don't be afraid to ask for help or advice, and always be genuine and sincere in your interactions.

4. What are the benefits of networking for business success?

Networking for business success has numerous benefits, including expanding your knowledge and skills through learning from others, increasing your visibility and credibility in your industry, and gaining access to new opportunities and partnerships. Networking also allows you to build a support system and surround yourself with like-minded individuals who can offer valuable advice and support.

5. How can I maintain my network for long-term success?

Maintaining your network for long-term success requires consistent effort and genuine relationships. Stay in touch with your connections through regular communication, whether it be through social media, emails, or in-person meetings. Offer your support and help to others in your network, and always be willing to give back and contribute. Remember to always follow up and show appreciation for the connections you have made.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Trish1953
  • WestCoastPC