• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Wii Controllers Do I Need for Family Fun Games?

In summary, a person is seeking advice on purchasing a Wii for their family, including extra controllers and games. They mention wanting a Wii Fit, but acknowledge it may be difficult to find. Other individuals offer suggestions of must-have and optional games, as well as the cost of the console and Wii Fit. Some retailers may offer bundles with the console and games.
pampchefrhondab
I get to go w/it? It only came w/demo games and remotes.

I really just want games for the family to play together. How many extra controllers do I need?

This is going to be a Chrismtmas present for the entire family. Eventually I want to get the Wii Fit:)!

Thanks for any advice!

Well, there are a bazillion games out there you can get for it. The controllers that you want to add will depend on the games you like to/want to play. Like, you don't really need a wheel if you aren't going to do cart or car games. I'll get you a list of the major game publisher websites.If you want a Wii Fit, either plan on haunting the stores on shipment day or just give up and wait until after Christmas. There aren't any in captivity and Nintendo can't make them fast enough to keep up with the demand.

Congrats on getting a Wii! I've had mine for a little over a year and LOVE it. I have a 12-year old son and I try to keep him moving and using his brain instead of just shooting and crashing (virtually). Here are my picks based on what I have.

Must have: 4 remotes and nun-chucks, Wii Play.

Great to have: a Mario game (kids like it), Big Brain Academy, Thrillville. Thrillville is a game where you own and operate a theme park. You build rollercoasters, manage the park, explore, pick up the trash, and play carnival games.

Wonderful when you can afford/find it: Wii Fit. I do it every day and can feel it working. I also have Dance Dance Revolution and will try it again - the first time I felt soooo lame! Oh, and if I have a good couple PC months, I might get Guitar Hero.

Take a pass on: Jillian Michaels Ultimatum 2009 for the Wii, Endless Ocean (well maybe with a big screen TV it would be cool)

Enjoy!

Oooh...thanks KG!

Thanks for the advice. We probably won't be getting Guitar Hero since we have two already - one for Playstation II and XBOX 360:)! We also have Dance Dance Rev. for Playstation II.

I do think I'll get Mario since the only ones we have are for Super Nintendo (which we still own)! Okay, yes we are video game crazy in my house - well my kids are. I got the Wii because I want to do bowling, ping pong, and other fun stuff for me:)!

I plan on getting Wii Fit, but probably not until after Christmas so no worries there. If I happen to find one I might pick it up before.

I just love having advice from people who already have the system and games for it:) Thank you so much!

susanr613 said:
Congrats on getting a Wii! I've had mine for a little over a year and LOVE it. I have a 12-year old son and I try to keep him moving and using his brain instead of just shooting and crashing (virtually). Here are my picks based on what I have.

Must have: 4 remotes and nun-chucks, Wii Play.

Great to have: a Mario game (kids like it), Big Brain Academy, Thrillville. Thrillville is a game where you own and operate a theme park. You build rollercoasters, manage the park, explore, pick up the trash, and play carnival games.

Wonderful when you can afford/find it: Wii Fit. I do it every day and can feel it working. I also have Dance Dance Revolution and will try it again - the first time I felt soooo lame! Oh, and if I have a good couple PC months, I might get Guitar Hero.

Take a pass on: Jillian Michaels Ultimatum 2009 for the Wii, Endless Ocean (well maybe with a big screen TV it would be cool)

Enjoy!
Oh I got the Jillian Michaels game last week for the fit and OMG I love it..

My kids have :playground games, and Carnival games and cooking mama. . . they love those.

Okay, it was my dream to get a Wii and Wii Fit for Christmas for our family. We aren't into video games that much. We have a Playstation 2. You guys have me worried, though!! How expensive are these things? Is everything separate?

The Wii fit is next to impossible to find, most retailers are not even taking Internet orders for them these days. The console retails between $250 and $300.Wii Fit sells for $90 to $150 but it's hard to find. Some online stores claim to have it in stock, but I'd want to verify it before I plunged into it.If you shop carefully, some places offer bundles that include the console, controllers and some game titles. Check out pricegrabber.com and shop for Wii and you'll see what I mean.

K_Jurich said:
Oh I got the Jillian Michaels game last week for the fit and OMG I love it..

See and I hate it. I feel like the movements that I'm doing don't interact with the person on tv. :grumpy:

My friend bought a Wii/Wii Fit bunlde at http://www.hamgo.com/Nintendo-Wii-Systems-s/56.htm

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The Wii fit is next to impossible to find, most retailers are not even taking Internet orders for them these days.

The console retails between $250 and $300.

Wii Fit sells for $90 to $150 but it's hard to find. Some online stores claim to have it in stock, but I'd want to verify it before I plunged into it.

If you shop carefully, some places offer bundles that include the console, controllers and some game titles. Check out pricegrabber.com and shop for Wii and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks for the info, TKG!!

Re: I got a Wii - Now What do.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My friend bought a Wii/Wii Fit bunlde at Find and Compare Nintendo Wii Consoles and System Bundles

Thanks, Susan!

susanr613 said:
My friend bought a Wii/Wii Fit bunlde at http://www.hamgo.com/Nintendo-Wii-Systems-s/56.htm
Did she actually receive it, or just order it and hasn't seen it yet?

I wanted this for Christmas but I have heard some horrible reviews on it. The biggest is that the delay on it is horrible. Some people say as bad as 10-15 seconds before the person on TV does your movements. So I am going to wait and see if the release another version. I was really excited about it too. Maybe I will see if we can rent it and decide for myself.

PampMomof3 said:
See and I hate it. I feel like the movements that I'm doing don't interact with the person on tv. :grumpy:

Oh yeah we stopped at one of our local Gamestop's yesterday and they had quite a few Wii's in stock.

There are plenty of Wii consoles this year (they were last year's Elmo) but this year, it's the Wii Fit that no one can find.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
There are plenty of Wii consoles this year (they were last year's Elmo) but this year, it's the Wii Fit that no one can find.

See no last week I walked into Best Buy and they Had about 100 Wii Systems stacked in the center and about 60 Wii Fits.

So we got the Fit for 89.00 and we bought the Wii system awhile ago.

Okay so those of us who aren't up on the latest (okay so I want a Wii Fit but don't have the money yet)...whats good for kids with PSII?? My sister has one to send us since my BIL just left for Iraq and was going to sell it but now we are getting it. My kids are 4 & 6 and its only going to be in my bedroom to limit its use....so what are good games to get?? Are they hard to come by?? What do I need to expect??

Sorry for the highjack but clueless.

jbdowd0798 said:
Okay so those of us who aren't up on the latest (okay so I want a Wii Fit but don't have the money yet)...whats good for kids with PSII?? My sister has one to send us since my BIL just left for Iraq and was going to sell it but now we are getting it. My kids are 4 & 6 and its only going to be in my bedroom to limit its use....so what are good games to get?? Are they hard to come by?? What do I need to expect??

Sorry for the highjack but clueless.

Not much for little kids on the PS2. The PS2 is not geared to younger kids. The demagrafic is 16-30 year old males.

K_Jurich said:
See no last week I walked into Best Buy and they Had about 100 Wii Systems stacked in the center and about 60 Wii Fits.

So we got the Fit for 89.00 and we bought the Wii system awhile ago.
That was last week. I bet if you go back to Best Buy today, you won't find any Wii Fits in the corner anymore.

jbdowd0798 said:
Okay so those of us who aren't up on the latest (okay so I want a Wii Fit but don't have the money yet)...whats good for kids with PSII?? My sister has one to send us since my BIL just left for Iraq and was going to sell it but now we are getting it. My kids are 4 & 6 and its only going to be in my bedroom to limit its use....so what are good games to get?? Are they hard to come by?? What do I need to expect??Sorry for the highjack but clueless.
SassyCook said:
Not much for little kids on the PS2. The PS2 is not geared to younger kids. The demagrafic is 16-30 year old males.
That's sort-of true. There are kids titles out there, but they're hard to find because most stores carry the games that sell the most, or the easiest, and that is in that teen-age demographic. The more family-friendly games are out there but they take some hunting to find.Try Disney, Ubisoft and Sega.

iTrackr. Set up a free account, then you can track when stores get shipments of Wii or Wii Fit. I set it up so I get a text message when they are in stock. As soon as I got the text, I left for the store! It took me a couple of months but I finally got one in October!

I got one 2 weeks ago. I bought the Wii from Toys R Us and the Wii Fit from Game Crazy. Game Crazy had about 5 consoles on the day I picked one up for $89. We LOVE it!! It was an impulse buy. With assessories I ended up spending about $600 for everything. I bought Wii Play and Jillian Micheal's game. I bought 2 additional hand sets and 4 nunchucks. I think that's all. I got quite a bit, I think. I'm happy. We love it!! Early Christmas....for Mommy!

1. How do I set up my new Wii console?

Setting up your Wii is easy! First, connect the power cable to the back of the console and plug it into an outlet. Then, connect the Wii sensor bar to the back of the console and position it above or below your TV. Finally, insert the batteries into your Wii remote and turn on the console. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.

2. What games can I play on my Wii?

The Wii has a large library of games to choose from, including popular titles like Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, and Wii Sports. You can also download games from the Wii Shop Channel or play games from previous Nintendo consoles using the Wii's backward compatibility feature.

3. How do I connect to the internet on my Wii?

To connect your Wii to the internet, go to the Wii Menu and select the "Wii Settings" option. Then, choose "Internet" and select "Connection Settings." Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to your home Wi-Fi network. You can also connect using an Ethernet cable if you have the Wii LAN adapter.

4. Can I use my Wii to stream movies or TV shows?

Yes, you can use your Wii to stream movies and TV shows by downloading the Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime Video apps from the Wii Shop Channel. You will need a subscription to these services in order to access their content on your Wii.

5. How do I add new Wii channels?

To add new channels to your Wii, go to the Wii Shop Channel and browse the available channels. You can download channels for entertainment, news, weather, and more. Some channels may require a one-time purchase or subscription fee, while others are free to download.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rennea
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kam
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear