• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Father's Day Dilemma: Choosing Between Wii or GPS for Family Fun

In summary, the Wii is a lot of money, but can be fun for the family. The GPS is cheaper, but doesn't require as much family time to use.
peichef
I need help.... I have settled on 2 possible items for Father's Day...

1) Wii

2) a handheld GPS for geo-caching.

The Wii is A LOT of $$$. But, we can have so much family fun with it. Plus, I think it will help my twins who have gross motor & fine motor issues. If I wasn't worried that he'd freak out about the $$, I'd get it in a heartbeat.

The GPS is less expensive. (My DH is frugal, to put it lovingly. Others might call him cheap. I call him fiscally responsible. :)) Geo-caching is more a summertime thing, therefore appropriate for this time of year.

He doesn't have much leisure time in the summer, given the nature of his business. I want to get him something fun, that we can enjoy as a family.

Thoughts, suggestions, other ideas???

Oh I say buy the Wii....it is witastic (my kids said that!!). LOL!

Erin! YOU CHANGED YOUR HAIR AND avatar!!!! Lookin good!

chefmeg said:
Erin! YOU CHANGED YOUR HAIR AND avatar!!!! Lookin good!

I did!! My youngest DD keeps saying Momma, I love your black hair! But it is just REALLY dark brown.....

Hi-jack over!!! LOL

I vote for the Wii! Sounds to me it will promote family time, and help your twins as well!

depends on your focus

if you want to buy something the family will enjoy, then the wii for sure
if you want your dh to have something for himself, then the gps

i'm sure he'll be happy either way, good wife that you are :)

I vote for the wii - I have both a gps (which is awesome) and the wii and the family fun time is more important then finding your way -

I was thinking geo-caching would be a fun family activity. Plus it is summertime suitable. Normally, I would get something as $$$ as the Wii for his b'day, but that's not til November -- too close to Christmas.I am worried that he will freak out over the cost of the Wii. Otherwise, it would be a no-brainer.

Oh, geo-caching IS a fun family activity!! We take our twins out whenever we have a chance! And you can find caches on vacations and stuff, too. And, as you know, it's cheaper than the Wii. I believe more strongly in getting my family together off the couch and moving, and for me, geo-caching does just that. The only negative thing is that it is a warm weather activity, so the Wii would be more year round fun. And I suppose you could get the Wii fit, if you had concerns like mine... But I still vote the GPS. ;)

What is the difference between a Wii and a GPS?

A Wii is a gaming console that allows players to physically interact with games, while a GPS is a device used for navigation and getting directions.

Which one is more suitable for family fun?

This ultimately depends on the preferences of your family. If you enjoy playing video games and being physically active, a Wii may be a better option. If you enjoy going on road trips and exploring new places, a GPS may be more suitable.

Can a Wii be used for family activities other than gaming?

Yes, a Wii can also be used for fitness activities such as yoga, dancing, and sports games that require physical movement.

Is a GPS only useful for traveling in a car?

No, a GPS can also be used for hiking, biking, and walking to help navigate and track your route.

Which option would be a better gift for Father's Day?

It really depends on your father's interests. If he enjoys technology and gaming, a Wii may be a more exciting and fun gift. If he likes to explore and travel, a GPS may be a practical and useful gift. Consider your father's hobbies and preferences when making your decision.

Back