• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Difficult Hosts: A Frustrating Experience as a Sales Consultant

In summary, the host of a party that the expert summarized had a lot of negative experiences with the expert. The host had a lead from a fair that they did in April, and the expert provided a summary of that conversation. The host had a family vacation planned for thanksgiving, and the expert summarized that the host was sick most of the month and had to fly back east for a week. After the expert provided the
pamperedalf
Silver Member
Okay let me give you some background for this month. I have been sick most of the month, my grandfather died and had to fly back east for a week. Then I had a family vacation planned where we were gone over a week (happens every thanksgiving).

Okay started having parties in this group (a lead from a fair I did in April) in June. I was nervous, because at the first show the MIL of the host was got it , hate it, got rid of it. Oh don't waste your money on that. I tend to bring seasonings to let people smell them before they buy, the MIL use my whole bottle of gar/pep on the tai chicken salad because it has no flavor. Then she said oh you can't call that a cake (str chez micro cake), it's not even close to the same texture.

Her daughter booked. I was thinking oh great I have to deal w/ this woman again. She never came to another party. However her sister did, and complained about the $1.25 paring knife said it was a waste of money, it went dull after one use. I told if it was that big of a problem call the company and they can will replace it, if it's been bought within the last year. Her responce it's not worth the hassle, that's what I thought. But what do I know.

So I have done a string of parties w/ this group they have given me $4500 in sales since June. They never wanted stuff delivered to them, so it was always delivered to me, and in my area it is rare to get the whole party in one shipment, it tends to come one box at a time. (a whole nother thread).

The party in October $1,000 show, she received the products as I was leaving for vacation (she knew I was leaving and how long), and all we were missing was an apple wedger. Made an adjustment, but it seems to be slow right now. Well she wanted to order a roasting pan, so that she could have it by Turkey day for her aunt. I called HO, they said order by the 14th @ 10PM, I ordered that show on the 14th in the morn. I called later that day, talked to someone else and she said oh no it was the 13th by 10pm. So I asked what we could do because I promised this customer by turkey day, she said since it was just the roaster they could ship it out. Well they didn't ship it out like she said they would.

Then her friend held her show before I left for the funeral, and we were going to close before I left on vacation. I couldn't get ahold of this host before I left and when does she call the day after I left. I was gone for 12 or 13 days, during that time she called my home 3 times only to close her show. I told everyone to call my cell if I was not home because I was out of town so much. (everything has my cell # on it).

Well yesterday, first day back and I am teaching. My cell rings as I am going to go get the kids from lunch, I ignore it because I need to get the kids. Twenty minutes later, my phone rings and it's HO. I like great, now what. Then when kids are on last recess HO calls again, it turns out the October Host has called and made a formal complaint about me, and that none of her bookings want to deal with me again, that I stole a meat tenderizer and the apple wedger and the roasting pan. Then she tells HO that I am sitting on a thousand dollar show and refuse to call the host to close it.

Well it turns out she called me to complain, she knows I don't answer my phone during the day if I am teaching, then she called HO 2 mins later stating I am refusing to call her back. She hangs up and has her friend the Nov host call HO back and complains saying the same crap. So now HO is trying to get this resolved, and gets my director involved because she needed to give the bookings away.

Since I have been back I have tried the Nov. host twice, once I left a message w/ a kid, and then the phone just rang and rang no machine. To make this all worse......

My AD Director (this is the lady who has stolen leads from me at fairs, she's very rude not into helping anyone out except herself) was at a show last night the nov host came up and just started drilling her on how long does she hold checks, how long does she keep shows open, and how long does it ship. Then a girl who I have been trying to sign, really good sales person, has a catalog show booked w/ me for January. Said she wants to sign under AD, her friend wants to sign and she is canceling the show w/ me and doing it w/ AD. They want to cancel their Nov order, and order all of it through my AD because they have given me over $7,000 in Bizness.

There is so much more, but it's too long already. I just needed to vent, if you read it I hope it makes sense. Thanks Fellow Cheffers for being here!!!!

:-( ...so sorry! Make sure that you document all of your attempts and explain everything to HO so that they at least understand. As for the customers/recruits/shows....I haven't been in the business long enough to really suggest anything, but definately try to clear things up with them if you can and explain...

OMGoodness! You poor thing! I really do not know what to say except that I am so sorry you are having to go thru this. And I think it is CRAPPY of your AD to not be totally defending you and refusing to take shows that are booked with you to begin with! She should be explaining the reasons for the delays to these host not stealing/taking their shows from you!!!

I know the sales from this group have been awesome but I do think you are really better off without them. If they turn on you like this when you told them all of this up front these are people you do not need in your life!

First, I want to say, that I am sooo sorry for your loss. Losing a grandparent is so traumatic.

I know this stings now, but honestly, you know what my first thought was? Good riddance! Let them sign under her and take their pain in the ass business to her and their complaints and their misery. Sure, you made some money with them and that is great, but IMHO, NO amount of money is worth what you are feeling right now. And no amount of money they spend with you is ANY excuse for poor behavior, rudeness, and just lack of class or compassion. You will replace the sales and the bookings. You don't want people who don't want to sign under you or who don't want shows with you. You will be better off in the long run. I learned that from experience. What goes around comes around. Good things do happen for good people.

If it were me, I would forget all together what THEY wanted. I would just decide, "You know what, you don't deserve MY service." And just turn it over.

I agree with Anne!

You Guys are Awesome!!!!Well I am still stressed, trying to resolve this. I was talking w/ my director today, they gave a catalog show that I was suppose to close today to my AD.

One of my past hosts, called today to cancel her show for Jan. She said that she might not be here in Jan. I wanted to scream and say that I already know you booked w/ my AD.

Then my AD wants to have a talk w/ me on how I run my business, and help me make the changes so I am not doing anything extra for my hosts. But I know she won't talk she will just be rude, and tell me like I am 6.

I finally got a hold of the host in Nov. and she said I will call you after 8, I am not going to loose my job being caught on the phone over you.

Now here is my problem, HO is calling the Oct. Host and offering her a refund if she wants on the roaster because it didn't make it in time, if she sends the roaster back. I paid $9.46 out of my pocket on an item I didn't earn commission to ship it to her because I knew I would be out of town, and couldn't get the pan to her. So I emaild HO to tell them to only credit her what her card was charged, because I covered the rest.

Then I was getting ready to send out x-mas cards w/ a 10% off coupon and thanking them for their biz. Do I send this group a card w/ a coupon, or take the chance that they won't find out. I just don't know!!!!

Thanks Anne, jrstephens, & jenniferknapp!!!! I am grateful, this stress is not helping me in any way. I just feel devestated that someone would try and get me fired from selling pampered chef. My esteem has been crushed and I need to get motivated in a new group. The bad me is thinking, well go ahead and deal w/ my AD she is rude and refuses to go out of her way for anyone. She starts her shows on time no matter what (this group never started on time), she snaps at people. Oh I could go on for days just over her.

Then when I go to leadership I have to listen to her go on and on. Thank God I don't have to fly w/ her this time.

Done venting for the moment, that has made me really hot!:mad: Thanks again for everyone's support. I am so ready to quit, I am just stressed!

pamperedalf said:
Then I was getting ready to send out x-mas cards w/ a 10% off coupon and thanking them for their biz. Do I send this group a card w/ a coupon, or take the chance that they won't find out. I just don't know!!!!

Do NOT send this group a Christmas card and especially with a 10% off coupon! If they find out you sent them to others WHO CARES! If they call and ask about it tell them if they were not all so CRAPPY you would have sent them one! That you sent it to your PREFERRED customers!!! If you are just determined to send them a card then leave out the coupon! They do not deserve a discount.

I think your AD is the one who needs some advice on how to run her business!!

We have done something at our church that I suggest you do: Pray over this problem, fold your hands into a cup and pretend these people are in your cup, then when you finish praying throw them up in the air and leave them to God.

I can understand your desire to quit after going thru all of this, but do not give these people the satisfaction of ruining your business. As long as you are doing what you should you have nothing to worry about and God will bless your business based on your morals not theirs!

If they call and ask about the card or the 10% off, just tell them you sent it out but it must have gotten lost in the mail, but you did send it. But is sounds like they are all going to go with your AD now, so let her take care of them.

If this problem keeps coming up, maybe have a "meeting" with all the customers involved and let everyone "explain" their side of the story. That might be the only way to get this solved. Maybe they will understand you if you put it all in a time line and let them know that things happen (deaths and HO shipping) that you can not control. Plus, they can not expect you to never go on vacations to stay home and take care of them. That is why you are in this business. I have gone on 3 vacations this fall and all of my hosts have been very understanding that we can not close for a week and a half because I will be gone.

Everything will work out in the end, even if it isn't all good, but for some reason this happened and you my never know why but at least you know not to do it again and who know maybe if it did go smooth and you did it again it could have been a bigger amount of money. I don't know I am just trying to help you get cheered up a little, I know how frustrating it can be with a bad host.

Good Luck.

It sounds to me like your AD and this group of women deserve each other, and need to spend some quality time together!;) :eek: Misery love company - lets hope they make each other miserable!

AND YOU! deserve a break from all of them! Have some chocolate and a nice cup of tea, and think about all of the people on this board who support you - and all of the great hosts and fun parties you've had w/o them...and all of the great ones you'll have in the future now that they are out of your hair!

Wow, Amanda, this is just terrible that you're going through all of this. In reading everyones' responses, the thing that jumped out at me the most was the comment about how everything happens for a reason. Although it's just about impossible to see that NOW, I truly feel you'll come out the better person in this and it'll make you a stronger person and give you a stronger business. Maybe this will give you even more drive to seek out customers and hosts who are better (and more fair!).

It's really too bad that you have the extra stressor of having to deal with the AD. Wow. I'm just shaking my head. I wish you the best of luck as you deal with this and just remember to hold your head high and be the better person. You WILL come out ahead eventually, so hang in there!!:eek:

pamperedalf said:
Then my AD wants to have a talk w/ me on how I run my business, and help me make the changes so I am not doing anything extra for my hosts. But I know she won't talk she will just be rude, and tell me like I am 6.
What does she mean-making sure you're not doing anything extra for hosts?:confused: Is there some really big no-no she's accusing you of? Because, really this is YOUR business and if you want to do extras for hosts that SHE'S not doing (things coming to mind are sending out invites for them, paying for ingredients yourself, making reminder calls for them, or even offering a special incentive for hosts, etc), that's totally your call. That's one thing I was confused by. Bottom line, it's YOUR business and unless there's some violation of policies/procedures, there's nothing she can hang over your head.

Sure, I am always open to suggestions from my Director and fellow consultants, so if that's what she's wanting to offer, I suppose that's fine. But, as you said, it's sounding like she wants to reprimand you in some way and this seems way off base. Just remembere to take deep breaths and keep relaxed if this meeting is stressful.

Another question: are ALL of these shows you've summarized so far (and the canceled potential bookings) all connected to those initial ones from the fair booking? Is that how word is getting around that they're feeling they need to cancel with you?

That's such a bummer! Just hang in there! I really feel for you.:(

Okay this group was started from a fair I did in April. They are either related, or most of them are good friends who work at Wal-Mart together. Like I said before I was nervous because the MIL did the got it, hate it, got rid of it. Then I also have bring a friend or outside order receive a gift stamped on my invites. She brought 2 non buying friends, and then complained about the choices in the basket.

So I left this first show thinking, I got myself into a great group (totally prejudging). I was basing off the first experience, and I told my dir. that I didn't have a good feeling. Well then 3 $1,000 shows later, I was like maybe their not what I thought. Now they are what they thought, low life......

HO told my director, that the red flags went up when the Oct host called to form a complaint. She asked HO 10 times what are you going to do to this consultant, you need to fire her, then she asked six times what are you going to give me for my time & pain? So HO knew she was just trying to get something for free, and looked at my #'s to see that I pull in good #'s. So they are sending her a Season's best as an apology. Since HO has caller ID, they knew when 2 mins later the same # called but it was my Nov host calling to complain, saying I am refusing to close her show. Hello, she called my house while I was out of town, and they all knew I was leaving again. But she basically asked the same thing, what is PC going to do to me, and what are they going to give her. They aren't going to give her anything. Hah!

I know things happen for a reason, but does it have to be so harsh. This has been a crappy month.

PS I have eaten all the chocolate, and ice cream, and anything sweet in the house. I am total emotional eater. I probably will gain 10LBs out of this whole thing.

My sympathies for the loss of your grandfather. All of my grandparents are gone but their love is everlasting. Keep that in mind through all of this!! Family FIRST!

In my 6 years of being in Pampered Chef, I have found that people can be quite unpredictable! I have not only experienced the good and bad of people but have also seen people occassionally rob consultants of their business because of situations they feel weren't handled right. Don't give them the power to do this to you! It hurts and it makes us angry, but there are many more customers out there!!

Send out the 10% off cards to PREFERRED customers only!!! Follow up with a call if at all possible. Pamper those customers that you have built a good relationship with. Forget about this other group because they will zap your energy and pull you down to their level.

This past spring and summer my parents were both under the weather (the year from hell for both of them). I work at a school too (not a teacher,but a department head that works most of the summer) and I had to run their business of weekly rentals on 2 cottages they own. Then there was the rest of "life" that had to still go on!! It was VERY hard to look at the bright side but I was determined that once things settled down, I would try to build everything back up in my business. There are some customers that I have lost and some that I may not know of, but with my recruiting and sales, I will make the Atlantis trip! (My goal is to have my son celebrate his 17th birthday in the Bahamas!!!) I guess my best advice is to look forward, look at the positive and keep your focus on the customers that DESERVE you!!

As far as your upline, can you look beyond your AD? Is there a way that you can start to build a relationship with the upline beyond her level? I am a director and I have instilled in my downline to take up our Executive Director's invitation to call her at any time. There should be no threat from your Director of AD (although I know some can be insecure about a downline member calling on an upline over their head). I have built such a relationship over the years. My Exec. Director was not my recruiter or ever my director either. Draw yourself to a positive person in your upline.

Good luck and put all of your effort into the customers you prefer to work with and that prefer to work with you!!

Ann

pamperedalf said:
PS I have eaten all the chocolate, and ice cream, and anything sweet in the house.

Well, then the only thing left to do is leave the house and go SHOPPING!!! :D

Well, then the only thing left to do is leave the house and go SHOPPING!!!
It's been so bad I ate all the chocolate chips in the house!

Amanda,

I don't have any more advice than what the others have offered, but I just wanted to tell you that my sympathy is with you during this stressful time, from the loss of your grandfather to this whole PC fiasco. It will all turn out - it really will. Hold your head up high. And eat chocolate - cocoa powder with sugar if you're all out of chocolate chips!!

Big hugs,
Diane

((((HUGS))))

1. This group and your AD totally deserve each other, so feel HAPPY that they will be tormenting HER next and will leave you alone.

2. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I've just about run out of grandparents (only have 1 left that I know of and I don't talk to her...no issues with her, we just aren't close since I didn't even know she existed until I was almost 30).

3. Do NOT send them any cards or any coupons. Cut them completely out of your business. There are other customers out there who aren't scam artists (which is what this group sounds like with all of their phone calls to HO) and they are so NOT worth the weight gain and stress. Every business owner holds the right to refuse service to whomever they want. Please exercise that right. If anyone complains that you didn't send THEM a coupon, direct them straight to your AD and tell them that SHE will be happy to assist them (afterall, they DID all cancel stuff with you so that they could work with HER). :D

4. Let it go. HO knows what they're dealing with, maybe they're just reassigning all of those shows to save YOU the grief. Either way, they are giving you a way out so that you will NEVER have to deal with these nuts again. Once it's all over, you will have a much better appreciation for the sane hosts.

I had 1 really bad show in the beginning. 1 person wanted to sign under me, so I passed EVERY lead on to her (her family and her sister's friends). I never have to deal with most of them again and she gets a good start to her business. The recruit and her sister are nice enough, but I take comfort in knowing that I don't have to do shows for some of those other ladies. My calendar is pretty empty, but I'll find other shows eventually and so will you. :D

So sorry to hear this happened to you. Unbelievable! But at least it sounds like HO believes YOU.

Just bless and release! Don't look back, look ahead!

OMG...

First things first sorry to hear about your grandpa.

Second, I'm with the above about just letting them go!! But I do have a question: did HO give away your bookings or did these people cancel? I'm just wondering and making sure I understand. Did HO let her know that it was there mix up that she didn't get her roaster and that there had been an adjustment made on the corer? I hope that they did, it would be nice on there part. Last thing I would do is make sure you hold your ground with your AD don't let her push you around, you haven't did anything wrong. Everyday I'm amazed by how rude people can be. I hope they get a lump of coal this year:p Good Luck

{{HUGS}} So sorry about all this. Hope it all works out for the best for you.

pamperedalf said:
It's been so bad I ate all the chocolate chips in the house!
Oh my gosh, I would have done the SAME thing!

Like others have said, I'm glad that the HO seems to know what they're dealing with and they know you aren't the one who is a terrible person.

I had someone cancel a show on me and get all b**tchy because I called to ask to move her show back an hour or so (way before she even sent out the invites) because I wanted to do a fundraiser that morning for an autistic boy. She basically hung up on me when I said, "Oh, ok, nevermind. I won't change the time of your show. You're right, you booked first, I shouldn't have even thought to ask you to move the time, etc, etc." I told her the reason why and that the cause of autism awareness is near and dear to my heart, blah blah blah. When she balked at changing the time I totally back-tracked and basically said "You're right, my bad" because then I felt terrible because how dare I even ASK! She made me feel that way by being such a b**ch. It bothered me for DAYS because I've never had a customer or host snap at me like that. :mad: She was downright nasty.

I know this isn't on such a big scale as what you're dealing with, but I finally did just bless and release and realize I didn't even want this person in my life or part of my business. The funny thing is, I did that fundraiser that morning AND booked a show that evening anyway that was over $800 AND the Home Office came and recorded my show for some videos for Leadership Summit! So, HA to that nasty person.

Hang in there!

did HO give away your bookings or did these people cancel? I'm just wondering and making sure I understand. Did HO let her know that it was there mix up that she didn't get her roaster and that there had been an adjustment made on the corer?
HO contacted my director, due to the phone call from my October host, and stated the complaint and that they did not want to deal with me any more. My October host gave all the names and contact info to the bookings to HO, and HO gave them to my director to have.

Then later that evening 2 people in this group went to my AD show and decided they liked her better, so they gave all the leads to her except the show I had already done at the begining of the month. Then one lady booked in January, and they both said they are really considering signing up. She asked if I had offered the biz, and they both said I just casualy mentioned it. Total lie, but not going there!

Well the girl who booked for January with me, did call me yesterday to cancel! This is what she said, um Amanda I um am going to have to cancel my show with you in January. I just don't think it um will work out.

I said oh why, would you like to reschedule.....

Then she gave me some lame excuse about not knowing if she will even be in Ukiah in January, but she was the only one w/ enough balls to even call. The catalog show didn't even contact me at all. They just called my AD and gave it to her, and said they would cancel every order if it goes to me.

These people even went as far as burning my catalogs. What Trash is my opinion.

I cannot even imagine hanging out with a group like that! What a happy, fun uplifting bunch of women!:eek: I think I would feel like crawling in a hole after spending an evening with them!
As we have all said - you are definitely better off w/o them in your life!

I can't believe your AD is siding with them and taking all the shows and leads. I can't imagine my AD doing something like that. I would be so hurt if that happened to me. I don't know if I could keep doing PC if that happened to me; not that you should quit or anything like that. I'm sure you're much stronger of a person than I am. I guess I still get shocked by how rude some people are nowadays. They think nothing of anyone else.

janel kelly said:
I can't believe your AD is siding with them and taking all the shows and leads. I can't imagine my AD doing something like that. I would be so hurt if that happened to me. I don't know if I could keep doing PC if that happened to me; not that you should quit or anything like that. I'm sure you're much stronger of a person than I am. I guess I still get shocked by how rude some people are nowadays. They think nothing of anyone else.

I might be the only one but I don't think the AD is out of line by agreeing to do the shows. I had a consultant years ago steal money from a few shows (so the hosts complaints were justified...I realize that these hosts are blowing it all out of whack). The HO contacted me and put me in touch with the hosts. It was my job to help soothe feathers and I submitted a couple catalog shows that were booked off these hosts since they didn't want to work with the other consultant.

What I think would be in poor taste is if the AD is siding with the hosts and not trying to put a positive spin on this whole thing.

My question is this....from what I am understanding from the original post...the AD is above your director. (You are the AD's second line?) Why didn't the HO contact your director and have her receive the leads? Just because an AD is above a director in the promotion structure, doesn't mean they have more clout. I would think that the director directly above you should be given the leads, not skip a line.

I agree with the others....go to the bathroom, turn on the hot water, lather up, and WASH YOUR HANDS OF THESE PEOPLE!! What goes around, comes around so let the AD have them and sit back and wait. She's bound to have trouble with them eventually.

Here it goes!!!!!HO contacted my director to smoothe the feathers, not my AD! What had happened is that 2 of these people went to a show w/ my AD the very same night as the initial complaints and decided they liked her, and that Karin was too close to me. From what my AD said they complained the whole evening, and were telling everyone at the show to never do business w/ me, and to pass it on to their friends.

I have an update on the Nov. Host situation but have to go to a ceramics sale that I am working. I will update the new misery when I get home. It's almost hilarious!

New Update, the drama continues!!!!!Okay first of all I want to thank everyone who has responded. This has been the hardest thing for me in the biz (besides being the hardest month in a real long time). I have contemplated quiting, because we live in a small town, but I've come to realize this may be harsh but they are white trash and I don't want to give them that satisfaction!

Update: I called & left a message tues. night w/ nov host stating that I just returned from a family vacation and missed all three messages and that I assumed she would call me by the 15th, and I got busy w/ being sick and leaving for vacation. I then said I will be up for another hour or so, so please give me a call to close your show. No responce that evening.

Then wed morn the Jan host called from her cell to cancel, and I asked if she had seen the nov host, she said she's right here in Layaway here. The Nov host got on the phone, said I can't get caught on the phone I will loose my job I will call you when I get off. I said I will be @ school, but I will be home by 8PM. She said I'll call you after 8, I am not going to get caught and loose my job over you,,,,, click.

Wed night she did not call, I was home 10 min to 8PM. I tried her @ 8:10, no machine just rang & rang. I thought maybe I dialed the wrong #, called back 5 mins. later same thing. I called to my dir. because they told my AD, they didn't want to talk w/ me @ all. She said my AD didn't get the order, and to try until 9PM, she was busy w/ another consultant and call me back later. I tried 2 more times by 9PM. My director called and said pick her free stuff and submitt the show. My AD said the same thing. I waited overnight before doing this, then I looked through her recites to make sure it wasn't something she already ordered, I chose the new paring knife, cutt board w/ meas cups, and season's best = $60 FPV.

So I decided to send her an email:
Hi Barbara,

I just wanted to let you know that I had to choose your free product for you since I didn’t here from you last night after 8PM as planned. Pampered Chef requested this show be sent in immediately due to the current situation. I tried to contact you between 8:10-9PM last night; the phone just rang & rang. I did not get your machine. I went through previous recites, to make sure the items I chose were not items that you have previously purchased. The items I have chosen are new items and are very popular with my customers, the items are as follows:

1051 new 31/2” forged cutlery paring knife ~ $29.00

1028 new cutting board w/ measuring cups ~ $30.00

1881 Fall/Winter Season’s Best ~ $ 1.00

$60.00

We were unable to collect the 2 ½ off items and the November host special, because this would require additional funds from you.
The items will be shipped directly to you.
Have a Pampered Holiday Season!

More update (sorry so long)Wed night my dir gave her other consultant a run down of what's happening. She said wal mart group, is it ........, and my dir said yes that's the one who went to my AD's show on Tues. Well it turns out these group of friends go to apple bee's every week and end up w/ free drinks or meals. If the manager doesn't come by to check on their dinner, then they end up w/ a free round of drinks. Or if they don't get drink refills they end up w/ a compt meal, and you get the picture. She said this is their amo. But then tells my dir, that she was bragging about me saying they have a fun consultant who splits the orders for them, and makes hosting a party easy. (so the same they complain about, was the same thing they were bragging about)

So I am thinking this all over, go to Bunko so I can relax on thurs night, and I got home a message from my Nov host to give her a call, & that she will be up for the next hour. I start shaking, I didn't want to call because I was afraid of what I might say. I could go off or I could just start crying. So I call my dir, and tell her I am feeling guilty for picking her free product, and maybe I should call her the next day when I know she's at work. So My dir. said she would call her.

My dir called and was on the phone for a 1/2 hour poor thing. She is the best! My nov host stated that everyone was unhappy w/ me. She said I put on a fun show, and was really laid back, but... she felt like she didn't have a show, because I gave her host packet to the Oct host, she said she would see her the next day @ work, & nov host claimed she received it 3 days before the show. Then one of the messages I left after I returned from the funeral was left w/ her son. She said that it was stupid of me to relie on a kid.

Then this is the kicker, she said she understood going to a funeral, but not a family vacation, and that I should have cancelled my family vaction and stayed home. How could I even think of having fun after someone in my family passes. Then she said that I didn't tell her about the family vacation, which I told everyone at the show my schedule, and I told her I would be home for a week, and then I leave again for over a week. My dir told her that ever since she knew me this was an annuel family vacation, and that is the joy of this biz. You can take vacation, and not have to answer to a boss.

Then she said, the last order she did had an all the best cookbook, that was obviously used and that I would switch out the new products for my used, so I could make more money..... My dir said call the number on the back of your recite and my nov host said we never get recites, thats one of the problems. I said maybe if she looked in her bag.....

So my dir said no matter what she said, nothing would make her happy. My dir asked if she wanted me to bring her the recite to her work, she said no because they wouldn't be nice to me if I went back to layaway.
She told my dir that she would call HO again and make another formal complaint because I sent in the show w/o her order & she had 2 orders to bump her up 2 more levels.

I am done w/ them, I am glad they are using my AD because she doesn't do anything extra for her hosts, she is snappy. I couldn't host a show w/ her! They are a perfect match!

Oh Amanda.......
What people will do just to scum someone else!
That is what I though as I read through all these posts!
I have had bad people, I will take them
1)out of pampered Partner
2)out of my host book
3)off of my email
4)throw out their DPDS
get rid of them. Clear your head, take a deep breath, and eradicate them from your business.
When I talk to people about what I do I tell them that my job allows me to Encourage people every day.
That would suck the life out of me. I would tell them all if they called to just call HO with any questions they might have since that is what they are doing anyway. I would tell my director to just let them deal with HO and I would tell my AD to have a great time with them and wish her the best of luck.
Taking the high road is sometimes scary, but well worth the payoff in the peace you will feel.
Best wishes and prayers to you and yours.
Cheryl

Well, good ridiance to that group of hosts and guests. No one needs that kind of stress. Lucky you to have them off your hands. At least you were able to make good commission off their shows.

Yikes, I couldn't even imagine what I would do in your situation, you are a far bigger person than me.

Well I am trying my fresh start, December is a new month w/ none of these people in sight. When I talk about this, I don't have the anger that I did on Tues & Wed. This was a huge blow to me, & I am dredding Mon meeting because my AD wants to discuss how I run my biz. I think that is my last hurtle with this whole situation. I will do my best to ignore her and change the subject, one of her best qualities w/ her customers.

I think all & all the reason why this was so hard for me was, because I was feeling personally attacked by people who have given me nothing but compliments. I was also upset that the biz did not go to my dir, my AD is slimey and all about the buck she doesn't care about anyone. Although part of me doesn't want my dir to handle these people because I now know what they are truely like.

As soon as the meeting is over on Monday, I can really breathe!

Okay I thought I was over this whole ordeal this week, until my husband said we need to go to wally world. I am like ok, dredding going knots tightening up in my stomach. Well the lady who made the intial complaint, her mom was working today. She didn't say anything but just glared @ me, and walked by my son who was pushing the cart and made a noise. So that pissed me off, so what I do I just smile.Then I see my sis, in the next line over and I go over to her to talk about x-mas, the host who started this whole group was behind her, saw me and looked at the ground avoiding eye contact.Can't this be over, I don't want to have to avoid going to Wal Mart, but I don't know. I don't want to feel uncomfortable.

Don't let it bother you. You did nothing wrong. Just ignore the looks and take comfort in the fact that the HOST had to look at the ground. Keep YOUR head high!

I totally agree with ANNE and NO I wouldn't include them~with al the trouble this grp has caused you there's no way I"d include them in the Christmas specials. Let the AD take care of them, after all she stole many from you already. They're fit for ea. other.

Good Luck and keep your chin up too.

Liz

ps: It can only get better, right?

pamperedalf said:
Well I am still stressed, trying to resolve this. I was talking w/ my director today, they gave a catalog show that I was suppose to close today to my AD.

One of my past hosts, called today to cancel her show for Jan. She said that she might not be here in Jan. I wanted to scream and say that I already know you booked w/ my AD.

I finally got a hold of the host in Nov. and she said I will call you after 8, I am not going to loose my job being caught on the phone over you.

Now here is my problem, HO is calling the Oct. Host and offering her a refund if she wants on the roaster because it didn't make it in time, if she sends the roaster back. I paid $9.46 out of my pocket on an item I didn't earn commission to ship it to her because I knew I would be out of town, and couldn't get the pan to her. So I emaild HO to tell them to only credit her what her card was charged, because I covered the rest.

Thanks Anne, jrstephens, & jenniferknapp!!!! I am grateful, this stress is not helping me in any way. I just feel devestated that someone would try and get me fired from selling pampered chef. My esteem has been crushed and I need to get motivated in a new group. The bad me is thinking, well go ahead and deal w/ my AD she is rude and refuses to go out of her way for anyone. She starts her shows on time no matter what (this group never started on time), she snaps at people. Oh I could go on for days just over her.

Then when I go to leadership I have to listen to her go on and on. Thank God I don't have to fly w/ her this time.

Done venting for the moment, that has made me really hot!:mad: Thanks again for everyone's support. I am so ready to quit, I am just stressed!

Don't let those Rude people get u down~!!
pamperedalf said:
Okay I thought I was over this whole ordeal this week, until my husband said we need to go to wally world. I am like ok, dredding going knots tightening up in my stomach. Well the lady who made the intial complaint, her mom was working today. She didn't say anything but just glared @ me, and walked by my son who was pushing the cart and made a noise. So that pissed me off, so what I do I just smile.

Then I see my sis, in the next line over and I go over to her to talk about x-mas, the host who started this whole group was behind her, saw me and looked at the ground avoiding eye contact.

Can't this be over, I don't want to have to avoid going to Wal Mart, but I don't know. I don't want to feel uncomfortable.

That's what they want, to bother you. I know it's difficult but "KILL THEM WITH KINDNESS" but don't include them in on specials either, just or even though it eats you up inside, don't let them know it. As that's what they all want. I wish soooo bad for you that you could change lineages, but you would most likley have to sit out a yr and re join :(

Why should you give up your income just to please these fools.

I"m even shocked that PC puts up with the Rude AD, etc. I've heard of others which aren't good too.

My prior DSA had been with a no. of other company's. I had wanted to join a PL lineage where the ladies were top in the country. Well I then got out of PL and went to TBS@Home. I got under the ladies who were top sales persons for Party Light and then it only took a few short months to see how they reached the top. Very sad and needless to say after tons of $ spent/wasted I got out due to my Director stealing my recruits, and right in front of me after driving them over an hr. ea way to her house. What a joike!! and much wasted time too, as I had been offered PC and turned it down :(

IF nothing else, it's very sad to say but you have learned alot in the short time. I really hope you stick with PC and I KNOW you'll do just fine!!!!

Take Care and God Bless;

Liz

I have come to realize that if I quit, I am giving them what they want. Not doing that again. I am not quiting, however I am struggling getting going this month. I am behind on Homework, so I am going to finish that. Then make a fresh start on PC. I did sit down last night w/ my new planner and make goals for booking, sales, & recruits till June. I would have done the whole year, however their is a slight chance I might be prego. I doubt it but I want to make sure first. I do need to get busy because PC is paying for our trip to Maui next year my sis is getting married.My husband and I decided to sell our flip our house and sell, we have been watching a lot of shows on that. So I am giving ourselves 2 years before we can move.

Amanda, I'm so sorry you've been through this. It's never easy when we deal with unscrupulous people. It sounds like you are making a fresh start, and I applaud you for doing that.

As far as going to Wal-Mart is concerned, be like Nike and Just Do It! I had a different situation (not related to PC) but one with similar tension that took place a few years ago. After much prayer, I forgave them and moved on. I live in a fairly small area, so I run into these people all the time. I made a concerted effort to treat them just like I do everyone else--smile and say hello.

It wasn't always easy, and I often received glares instead of smiles in return. However, that was their problem. I once heard that harboring hatred (no matter how mild) is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. I realized that once I let it go, it no longer had any power over me. (To be honest, I had to release it many times. It seemed to be stuck to me with industrial strength super glue.)

Some of those people have started smiling back. Some continue to glare and turn the other way. So be it. Their loss. I am an amazingly fun person. :p

Rae, that is GREAT advice!

Amanda: Congrats on #5! Things are so up in the air with me, I have given up on going to Leadership (due to $ and timing) and conference is iffy. BUT if I am OK to travel, I will be there! I don't know when in the world I will be pregnant, but I'm just going to go with it and see what happens!

Amanda: Congrats on #5! Things are so up in the air with me, I have given up on going to Leadership (due to $ and timing) and conference is iffy. BUT if I am OK to travel, I will be there! I don't know when in the world I will be pregnant, but I'm just going to go with it and see what happens!
I should probably change my signature, I had 2 kitnappers that went inactive. Too bad your not going to leadership, but you have good reasons enjoy that cruise. Maybe I will see you at confrence?I don't think I am pregnant, I took a test this morning and it was negative. I just wait it out, but can't get pregnant next month because then my due date would be right before my sis's wedding in Maui. Hey maybe we could be prego together, start our own group.

pamperedalf said:
Hey maybe we could be prego together, start our own group.
That would be great!

They're back at it AGAIN!Now my AD gets a call from the Jan host's mom wanting PC's customer service # so she can make a formal complaint against me, & my director because my director yelled at her friend for a half hour and wanted to know where her friend's cookbook was. So then my AD says no I am not giving you the #, I want to speak w/ your friend. There is not going to be anymore 3rd party complaints to the HO about my director.

My dir. is po'd because now they are attacking her, and they don't even know her. I am pissed because all she was doing was trying to defuse (?) the situation, and get this problem resolved.

Then I was trying to figure out why they are attacking my dir, and this is what I came up w/ my AD didn't defend me in any way, she was bad mouthing me to these people. She repeatedly said no she shouldn't have done it that way, she should have done it this way. Oh I wouldn't have done it that way, this is how I do it. She was very open w/ what she said. It's sad because she will do this to anyone, anything to make a $.
Well my director defended me saying I called 4 times, well my Nov hosts swears I dialed the wrong # and then hit redial the whole night. In this conversation my dir had w/ the Nov host my dir gave the host the 888 # and told her to call the company for 1/2 off items that she missed by not answering her phone, and to get her cookbook replaced.

Well obviously she didn't, and now they go to my AD to fix the problem. My AD was the one who said to just close the show, and pick her free product and send in the show. Well that's what I did, and now she's telling them that she didn't say that, and that my Dir should have taken better care of them...... So now my Nov host booked from her for Feb. because they just love her, blah blah blah!!!! Make me sick!

I am sick of these people, but what's worse is my AD bad mouthing me, so that they will love her. I guess white trash, loves white trash they are perfect for each other now can they leave me out of it. I am sick of getting phone calls on my cell while I am teaching to deal w/ their sh#$!

Thanks for letting me vent yet again. It feels so much better to get it on the computer.

Amanda, do you have a voicemail on your cell stating the fact that you are TEACHING a class during the day & so you won't be able to return calls until such & such time? If not, I would do that first. (Then if HO happens to call that #, they will get the same message & know that the others would have gotten the same one.) I think I would have to speak to someone at HO & tell them how upset you are about these people. Find out if they can put a note with your # about these people so when they call, whoever talks with them will have a clue about how nutso they are! Do you know your AD's director? Does she know how this person acts?

I feel bad for you & your director with this group. I mean, if they don't want to work with you, fine, but why go to these lengths to ruin your life? They are the ones who didn't bother getting back with you to close your show among others, what did you do wrong? You could have sent in the show telling her that she didn't get anything free!

Good luck with this! In another thread you mentioned karma--just think what your AD has coming to her then!!!

In another thread you mentioned karma--just think what your AD has coming to her then!!!
Is this bad, but I am keeping my fingers crossed waiting for the day. Maybe that's why, this is happening.I don't have a message on my cell stating I am teaching, however this whole group and my AD knows I teach during the day, good thing I keep my phone on silent, but sometimes the kids notice my bag vibrating. HO even knows that I most likely won't answer the phone until after 3 our time.I could talk w/ the exec. but I feel like a girl who is tattling. I have gone back and forth whether to involve her or not. I just want this to end.

Amanda...
If you haven't done this by now, please put this whole mess on paper. One thing I learned from years in corporate America is Document, Document, Document. The more detailed you can make it the better, times, etc. Once you have that done, send a copy of you AD, one to your Director, one to your AD's Director, and anyone else you think needs to be apprised of the situtation. Plus, of course, keep one for your records.

After this, just close the file on this and move on to better things.

Keep positive, there are a ton more good customers out there than the ones that are "customers from hell."

pamperedalf said:
Is this bad, but I am keeping my fingers crossed waiting for the day. Maybe that's why, this is happening.

I don't think it's bad at all, to be honest. I would definitely go to your Exec and let her know what's going on. If nothing else, she might be supportive and can stick up for you AND for your director with HO.

Sadly enough, the people who raise the biggest stink are usually the ones who end up getting what they want just to get rid of them. With what you're saying, I can see these women bringing a lawsuit against the company and then the company settling out of court just to shut them up and get off of THEIR backs...or at the very least, having everyone in this crazy group call the company several times every day to harass the poor customer service people to death (you know that they're probably doing it, too, and how those poor people must be feeling). Like a pack of starving wolves who finally found a single rabbit.

I hope the mess all ends for you quickly so that your life can get back to normal.

I would do as said before and put everything on paper and then go as high as you can go........go all the way, explain what's going on and that you just want them to leave you and your director a lone.
If it was me (and I'm gutsy and don't let anyone push me around) I would file a formal compaint about my AD if she was bad mouthing me. She shouldn't be a AD but then that would be opening a whole new can of crap. That's what I would do. But diffently go higher up to take care of this problem.

Good luck good luck, sending good luck your way:)

rennea said:
I would do as said before and put everything on paper and then go as high as you can go........go all the way, explain what's going on and that you just want them to leave you and your director a lone.
If it was me (and I'm gutsy and don't let anyone push me around) I would file a formal compaint about my AD if she was bad mouthing me. She shouldn't be a AD but then that would be opening a whole new can of crap. That's what I would do. But diffently go higher up to take care of this problem.

Good luck good luck, sending good luck your way:)

I agree. I would put everything on paper (always did as a teacher too, just in case a parent came back to bite me) & go above your AD. Part of her being an AD is to HELP the people she is "supposed" to be leading--not just looking out for herself. That's what she gets the overrides for. I would complain to HO or her director b/c you & your director shouldn't be getting all this to you--part of the reason these people are still harrassing you is because of the AD. She should have kept her nose out of it & said, sorry, but she is your consultant & you deal with her. I think she helped make the whole problem worse.

Definitely do as has been stated above and notify your upper level director/s and HO. This has gotten way out of control. You need to let your AD's Director know what's going on. If this person is as horrific as you describe, then there should be no doubt that her director is already aware of how she is.

One saying that I learned when I was at my corporate job "All those who remain silent are in agreement".....please do not remain silent on this. And rest assured, one of these days these ladies will "get what they give!"

I wish you the best.

Sorry to bring this back up, but don't know what to do.....I received a phone call from my dir on fri asking if my ears were ringing. My dir tells me that my ad called our ed and chatted w/ her for over an hour about this wal-mart crew. I guess when my ad took a host packet to one of the girls, my Nov host approched her and asked for more info on the biz, because she wants to sign up. Well blah blah, my ad supposedly says that she keeps trying to refer them back to me to be ethically, and she doesn't know what to do. So she calls my ed for advice. Long story short is my exec said you can't turn biz away, & if they don't want amanda then do what they want. My initial reaction is I won't go to meetings.

Well my dir goes into a big long speil (SP) about how I need to be the bigger person & go. Also that if she has to invite them into her home every other month, then I should be there as well. IMO I don't need to be there because she has to invite them into her home.

Then she goes on about how I shouldn't be mad because I did parties & signed one of my ad's old dir's. When this dir quit selling she used to buy from my dir, well then a year ago this lady came up to me to do a cat. show, and ripped on my dir. Well then this year @ the fair she came up and said that she wanted to sign again, but only under me she wanted nothing to do w/ my AD. The way she was talking she was hurt, and I never told her that this cons. came up to me & ripped her to shreads, because I didn't want to hurt her. So then I told her what this person said, and I told her why I didn't tell her, I think she was shocked.

So she goes on more about being the bigger person, and says that they probably are just gonna be kit nappers. Whatever I am over them. By then I was giving her the blah answers & she saw it, and said you aren't even listening, I gotta go.

So the stupid drama continues, & I just want to be rid of this group completely. If they sign I don't want to go to meetings because they are only going to sit there & bash me. These people are complete white trash! I don't want to offer any advice, or to help them.

Then to make matters worse I am roomming w/ my AD & my dir in Dallas, & I can just feel that it's going to be tense the whole time I am there.

This also makes it hard because my biz took a nose dive. I need to get back out there & dive in full force. Sorry this is so long yet again, but I think dh is sick of me talking about it.:(

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies