• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need to Use up Some Red Peppers...

In summary, Jessica has an abundance of red peppers from the garden. She has ideas for using them up, including Thai it you'll like it chicken and stuffed peppers. She also has a recipe for toasted angel hair pasta with sausage and peppers.
jchesley
I have an abundance of red peppers from the garden. Any ideas/recipes for using them up?

Jessica

FAJITAS
or stuffed peppers

Pepper steak:) yumm I love making that.

We also chop peppers up to put in spaghetti.

Anyone know if they would freeze well after roasting? Roasted red peppers can be so expensive, and doing them at home would save a LOT of money.

Chop them up and brown them with onions and ground beef, then freeze for spaghetti night. You can do 10 pounds of meat with veggies in the roasting pan, and have 10 meals (basically) ready to go.

Teresa Lynn said:
FAJITAS
or stuffed peppers

I would DEFINITELY do the Fajitas!

Fajitas are one of my favorite things to eat:)

Fajitas sound yummy. I made spaghetti last night, why didn't I think of tossing some in there?? Does anyone have the Toasted Angel Hair Pasta W/ Sausage & Peppers recipe from the new cookbook?

I love roasted red peppers, but never know what to do with them. I wonder if you could freeze them. ??

Jessica

Jessica

chefann said:
Anyone know if they would freeze well after roasting? Roasted red peppers can be so expensive, and doing them at home would save a LOT of money.

Chop them up and brown them with onions and ground beef, then freeze for spaghetti night. You can do 10 pounds of meat with veggies in the roasting pan, and have 10 meals (basically) ready to go.

I don't know about freezing them, but one of my customers slices hers up and stores them in olive oil. Dips into it whenever she needs it.

Thai It You'll Like It ChickenThai It, You'll Like It Chicken...it's a rachael Ray recipe and so good!

1 box jasmine rice (4-6 servings)
2 tablespoons evoo
1 1/2 lbs boneles skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1 red bell pepper ( I always do 3 peppers-1 yellow, 1 red and 1 orange)
4 cloves garlic
1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
4 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
1 dash soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup water
1 cup looseley packed basil leaves

In wok or large, non-stick skillet, heat oil over high heat until hot. Stir-fry chicken for 4 minutes. Add red pepper, garlic and Serrano. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes. Add hoisin, soy sauce, sugar and water. Throw in basil and toss until it wilts. Serve on a bed of jasmine rice. Garnish with extra basil leaves.

* Because we make it so much I usually do Chayenne pepper or Red Pepper flakes for the serrano chile and use dried basil (its just as good)

you could do fajita pizza!! Its GREAT...
WE HAD IT LAST NIGHT FOR SUPPER AND IT WAD AWESOME!

Find someone to sell them to! ;) j/k. Well, kind of. The red peppers in the store here are $2.99 for ONE, that's right, ONE red pepper!

Yep, thats what I just paid. I eat a gren or red pepper every single day dipped in flaky sea salt.

you could put them in:
salads
omelets
serve them on sandwiches
pasta salad
take a dish somewhere loaded (or garnished in peppers)

Do you have a local senior housing center? I bet those residents would love some.

FYI!!!

Roasted Red Peppers Freeze Beautifully!

Roast or Broil them (or grill them) until the skin is black - then peel the skin off, and cut them into the size you want - stick them in freezer bags - and there you go! they can then be quickly sauteed or just chopped up for whatever recipe you want them for - excellent for any type of Mexican/Tex-Mex/Italian dishes!
(you can do this with all colored peppers - I like to mix the colors.)

I was just going to post about freezing them after roasting and peeling them!

BTW- after charring them, put them into a paper bag and close it up (or cover your pan with foil that you broiled them in) so they can steam for about 10 minutes. They will be cool enough to handle then, and the skin will come right off!

Related to Need to Use up Some Red Peppers...

What are some creative ways to use up red peppers?

Red peppers can be used in a variety of dishes such as stir-fries, salads, soups, and sandwiches. You can also stuff them with quinoa or rice, roast them and add them to pasta, or use them as a topping for homemade pizza.

Can I freeze red peppers?

Yes, you can freeze red peppers. Simply wash, seed, and slice them before placing them in an airtight container or freezer bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 6 months.

How do I know when a red pepper is ripe?

A ripe red pepper should be firm and have a glossy, bright red skin. It should also feel heavy for its size. Avoid peppers with any soft spots or wrinkles, as they may be past their prime.

Can I substitute red peppers for green peppers in a recipe?

Yes, you can. Red peppers have a sweeter and less bitter taste compared to green peppers. They also have a higher nutritional value. Keep in mind that the color difference may affect the appearance of your dish.

Are there any health benefits to eating red peppers?

Yes, red peppers are rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C, which can help boost your immune system and promote healthy skin and hair. They also contain Vitamin A, B6, and potassium, making them a nutritious addition to any meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JAE
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
tabnat80
  • RMDave
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pamperedbybarbara