• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need to Know How to Season the Stoneware Fluted Pan

In summary, Lee Anne says that she has never had a problem seasoning or cooking in her fluted pan, and she recommends using the pan for meatloaf or holiday stuffing.
mary k
Silver Member
I have a customer who is ready to throw out her piece of stoneware because she doesn't know how to season it.
I told her the way I would do it but want to make sure I told her right.
I don't own one wish I did but finances keep me from getting some of the products.
Thanks for all your help.:) :)

I use Baker's Joy with flour. It works GREAT. I know that any of those Pam and other nonstick sprays are likely "gum" up our stones and pans, but for some reason, it doesn't happen at all to my fluted pan. I wonder if it's because there's no spot on the stone where the spray goes, but food doesn't. I noticed with my mini loaf pan, it got stick on the top surface, but not INSIDE the wells because no food goes on the top surface.

I've never had a problem popping cakes out of the fluted pan when I use Baker's Joy. HOpefully she'll start enjoying that stone more!

The best way I have found is the paste. You mix 1 part vegetable oil and one part shortening until thoroughly combined. Then mix in one part flour (ie. 1 cup of each). Take a brush - the new silicone basting one does wonders - and brush it on the inside of the stone. I made a chocolate cake in mine last week. It was the FIRST think I had made in it and it came out perfect!!! The nice thing is the past stays around for a while - or so I've heard. Just brush the paste on every time you use it until you can feel the nonstick surface. Then try it without the paste and see what happens. I like this way better than baking something high in fat because (1) I don't need to eat something high in fat and (2) the high fat content does not guarantee the item will come out perfect.Have her try this. It is a very inexpensive way to see how to use the stone.How long has she had the stone? If it is still under warranty and she still doesn't like it, she can pay to ship it back and get her money back or something else.

Seasoning the stonewareI just spray a small amount of oil on it and spread it with a pastry brush so that all those crevasses are coated. My stoneware fluted pan is well seasoned now but I still do that when making a cake in it.

I never use commercial cooking sprays on any of my stoneware or cookware. That is what causes that stickiness that happens after a while. If you don't have a spritzer just put a small amount of oil on the stone or pan and spread it with a pastry brush or paper towel.

After just a few uses you won't need to add any oil to your stones unless you want to. You can also season your stones by making higher fat foods on them like crescent rolls or cook some hamburger in it...

I cooked a chicken in mine. You place the chicken over the center and all the juice drips to the bottom. This allows the fat to season the bottom but your chicken is suspended above it. Boy is it good!!

Thanks for your help. I will give her these options today.
Again thanks

I was just talking with my hubby about this on Saturday, he suggested using the pan the next time I make a meat loaf. It would be an odd shape for a meat loaf but would have lots of fat for my pan. I have been trying to scrub the remains of an angle food cake out of the bottom since Saturday eventhough I did spritz it with oil first. UGH!!

Meatloaf would be great and making meatloaf in this would be great for a family, you could also put some yummy mashed potatoes in the hole in the middle for serving. Actually baking meatloaf in the mini fluted is how I seasoned that one, then you have single serving meatloafs, with mashed potatoes in the hole, very good!

Just another idea to pass on for using the Fluted Pan - make your holiday stuffing in it. Then fill the hole with cranberry sauce!

Lee Anne

I made a meatloaf in my fluted pan Monday night, my husband asked if it was a different recipie (was not) he said it was great, drained grease however in middle of cooking and put back in oven. Looked really pretty (best looking meatloaf ever) tasted good, didn't stick. I just sprayed my stoneware with Pam before placing meat mixture into pan. Cooked about 1 1/2- 2lb for 50 minutes.

I use pam for baking or bakers joy on my fluted pan ONLY! and I have never have a problem. That is one pan that you must oil every time you use it though. I thought I would try it once without since mine is so well seasoned.... not a good idea!

ShanaSmith said:
I use pam for baking or bakers joy on my fluted pan ONLY! and I have never have a problem. That is one pan that you must oil every time you use it though. I thought I would try it once without since mine is so well seasoned.... not a good idea!

I know this is about the fluted pan but now that everyone is talking about meatloaf...I just have to say that the Meatloaf Cordon Bleu that comes with the Loaf Pan is the BEST meatloaf EVER!!!!!!

ShanaSmith said:

My pan is very well seasoned and I haven't had to oil it since it was new. Nothing sticks in mine.

Lee Anne

Can anyone provide me with the Meatloaf Cordon Bleu Recipe I have a customer who lost hers and needs it right away.

Thanks

Yes would someone please post this. It sounds amazing!!!

http://www.recipesource.com/main-dishes/meat/meatloaf/00/rec0024.html

so impressed with myself. lol. I have never cut and pasted a site before. It was so easy. lol

I've got it!

Attachments

• MEAT LOAF CORDON BLEU.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 684
chef_leeanne said:
I've got it!

Do you have any other good meatloaf recipes?

I just e-mailed you one!! :D

Fluted Pan RecipesThese are not meatloaf but...
I cannot take credit for all of these (as you can tell by the different names on the documents) and it looks like ...Stoneware Fluted Pan Recipes... are very similar but read through to the end one of them looks like there was some additions.

Leea:)

Attachments

• Stoneware Fluted Pan Recipes2.doc
    83 KB · Views: 825
  • PC Stoneware Fluted Pan Recipes.doc
    120.5 KB · Views: 632
  • 10 Minute Microwave Cake.doc
    27 KB · Views: 777
  • FlutedCakeRecipes.doc
    30 KB · Views: 597
  • PC 12 minute cakes.doc
    34 KB · Views: 605
seasoningI had good success by oiling the entire inner surface, then putting it in a 200 oven for an hour. Any spot that seemed dry, I oiled again then put back in the oven.

I turned the oven off and let the stone and oil cool together. The next day I rinsed it under hot water with the dish brush, not trying too hard to get the oil off.

It had a good water repellency at that point. Then I stuck it in the box and didn't use it for about a week - and it has been awesome ever since. The 321 cakes rock!

Meatloaf in Fluted PanI was at a show once where hostess had made meatloaf in fluted pan and then had taken Mashed Potatoes and filled the "well" and then also took some Mashed Sweet potatoes and using the EAD made "Flower" buds around meatloaf. She had been a consultant before and I was a guest of one of her friends. I wish I would have had a camera, it was gorgeous. She also put sweet potatoe flowers around "well" put still left so you could see the real white mashed potatoes.

WOW factor was HUGE!!

Lisa

1. How do I season my new stoneware fluted pan?

To season your stoneware fluted pan, start by washing it with warm water and mild soap. Then, dry it thoroughly with a soft cloth. Next, rub a thin layer of vegetable oil or shortening all over the surface of the pan, including the fluted edges. Place the pan upside down on the top rack of your oven and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Let it cool completely before using it for the first time.

2. Can I skip the seasoning step if I am in a hurry?

We recommend seasoning your stoneware fluted pan before first use to ensure the best cooking results. However, if you are in a hurry, you can skip the seasoning step and wash the pan with warm water and mild soap before using it. Just keep in mind that the first few uses may result in slight sticking, but the pan will season itself over time with use.

3. How often do I need to season my stoneware fluted pan?

You only need to season your stoneware fluted pan once before first use. After that, you do not need to season it again. However, we recommend lightly greasing the pan with oil or shortening before each use to help maintain its non-stick surface.

4. Can I use cooking spray to season my stoneware fluted pan?

No, we do not recommend using cooking spray to season your stoneware fluted pan. The chemicals in cooking spray can create a sticky residue on the pan's surface, which can affect its non-stick properties. Stick to using oil or shortening for seasoning and greasing your pan.

5. How do I clean my stoneware fluted pan after use?

After using your stoneware fluted pan, allow it to cool completely before washing it. Avoid using soap or harsh chemicals, as they can damage the pan's seasoning. Instead, use a nylon scraper or brush to remove any food particles, and then rinse the pan with warm water. For tough, stuck-on food, you can use a small amount of baking soda and water to create a paste and scrub it gently. Never soak your stoneware pan or put it in the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Beckycooks
  • emo812
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • casescafe