1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Need the sip for sip and dip

1. Molly Jo

Molly Jo Member Gold Member

I am in search of some sippin recipes for a sip and dip show I am having with a friend. Would prefer some with alcohol! LOL!! thanks so much

Jan 29, 2006
  2. bbauman07

bbauman07 Veteran Member Gold Member

What did you have in mind? Margaritias, Mudslides, Brandy Alexanders, White Russians, Blue Hawains?
    You can do a web search for drink recipes. I know Absult(SP?) Vodka has a website with drink recipes. I hope this helps.

Jan 29, 2006
  3. pamperedalf

pamperedalf Senior Member Silver Member

Here is a few that you can use the measure mix and pour to show.
    Cosmopolitans
    3 shots of vodka
    1 1/2 shot of triple sec
    1/4 cup of cranberry juice
    1/4 cup of lime juice
    put a little crushed ice in there, and mix garnish with a little wedge of lime!

Choc. Martini
    4 shots of vodka
    2 shots of dark crm de cocco
    mix as above use cherry and choc curls to garnish

Apple Martini
    3 shots of Vodka
    3 shots of sour apple Liquer
    mix as above use cherry to garnish

All the martini recipes can be made in quick stir pitcher for larger crowds, just make sure you use the same ratios.

Madori Sour
    Use quick stir pitcher with 1/3 crushed ice
    1/2 a bottle of madori
    1 cup of OJ
    Fill quick stir pitcher w/ Sweet and sour mix
    Garnish with a cherry

Mai Tai
    Start the same as above w/ ice
    2 1/2 cups of Malibu rum
    1/3 cup of grenadine
    4 cups of mai tai mix
    mix pour into glasses
    float myers rum (any dark rum) across the top
    garnish with lime wedge, cherry, lemon wheel or pinapple wheel

Margaritas
    Start the same w/ ice
    Fill the pitcher a 1/3 of the way w/ tequila
    1 cup of triple sec
    fill the rest of the pitcher with sweet and sour, margarita mix, or lime sour mix.
    use citrus press to squeeze a little lime juice into small square plate. Use prep bowl or another small square for salt. Dip cups in lime juice, then in salt for salted rim, and garnish with a squeeze of lime.

Sex on the beach
    use quick stir pitcher w/ ice
    3 cups of vodka
    3 cups of peach snaps
    1 cup of cranberry juice
    fill the rest w/ oj
    mix and garnish with a cherry.
    If you have an idea for other recipes I can give it to you, I bartended for 6 years. :D

I was trying to use recipes that we can show off our products and not a blender.

Jan 29, 2006
  4. kimmers

kimmers Member

Thanks Amanda. Those are great recipies. I am going to be doing a show in Feb. that I will be able to use one or two of these at.

Kim

Jan 29, 2006
  5. pcjulie

pcjulie Member

Would like recipe...

pamperedalf, would you know the recipe for an Amaretto Sour? I am a sucker for those, even though I may only have about 1 a year. Thanks!

Also, I sold an US&G at a show a while ago because the host asked if I had something to slice a lime for a Cosmo. and I happened to throw the US&G in at the last minute. The guest was so impressed by how well it sliced the lime that she bought one! :D I almost always bring mine along now...just in case!

Julie Myers
    Denver, PA

Jan 29, 2006
  6. Try the PC Sparkling Sangria. Go to Consultants Corner and look up the recipe on line. I've made it a few times, it's great. It can also be an option for those who don't drink alcohol. (Although I usually make it with regular wine and not the recommended non-alcoholic wine.)

Jan 29, 2006
  7. pamperedalf

pamperedalf Senior Member Silver Member

The ulitmate lice and grate is perfect for making fruit wheels. Generally when I put lime in cosmos it is a squeeze or a small lime wedge. The fruit wheels look great as a garnish on the glass. I use the ultimate slice N grate at every show no matter what. It is one of my highest sellers!!! :D

If you are making a pitcher in the quick stir pitcher simply substitute Amaretto for Madori. All sours are made the same just with different liquers. If making it for yourself 1 1/2 shots of amaretto a slpash of OJ, and about a 1/2 cup 2/3 cup of sweet and sour mix depending on how strong you like your sour. Now you can make whisky sours as well using your favorite whiskey ( I personally like southern comfort because it is already sweeter)

Jan 29, 2006
Have something to add?