1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Need some creative minds

1. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

I am doing a booth an Sat and I as thinking about doing something like the book to look but with ballons instead. And I need something catchy so they know if they book a party they get to pop a balloon to get a prize if there show hits 300 in sales.
    TIA

Mar 12, 2009
  2. lmradlein

lmradlein Member Gold Member

I like this. I'm doing a booth in about 2 months that is outside and this would be some great eye candy! I always like the prize "free show". The host buys nothing for the party...for the most part that one works for me. I'll think of some more.

Mar 12, 2009
  3. Symara

Symara Member Gold Member

when you do a free show, do you supply soda?

Mar 12, 2009
  4. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Love this idea! What are you thinking for shows that are over $300 in sales?

5. lmradlein

lmradlein Member Gold Member

Yep! I always get what ever is on the .99 cent rack. I get a reg sode, diet and a 7up or something like that and that works well for 10 or less people. At least it has for me anyway. All the host has to do is open her house along with ice and cups! I bring the plates and napkins (Dollar Tree) too.

Mar 12, 2009
  6. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

You should make something in the QSP to show it off. I know there are lots of punch recipes that would work well!

Mar 12, 2009
  7. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

I don't - I tell them the ONLY thing they have to provide are the beverages. I bring the food, the paper goods and utensils - and of course, I display those in the outdoor caddy and then always get sales on those!!!!

Mar 13, 2009
  8. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I do "Spa Water" in the QSP!

Just add sliced cucumber, a sliced lemon or lime, and ice, and plunge it up and down a few times.
    It's cheap, easy, and very refreshing. I have past hosts and guests tell me all the time that they are still making it after trying it at a show!

Mar 13, 2009
  9. MORFIA

MORFIA Advanced Member Gold Member

plastic eggs in the trifle bowl-Crack and egg---It will attract there kids---

Mar 13, 2009
  10. Symara

Symara Member Gold Member

dumb question.... what's a book and look?

(doing a booth tomorrow)

Mar 13, 2009
  11. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

This is what I am thinking of doing for Saturday. Popping ballons at an event would drive me nuts!

Mar 13, 2009
  12. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I did this at a booth in the fall. Instead of popping balloons, I had pictures of products and put them in envelopes and then made a hole punch in the envelope and tied the ribbon to the ballon through it. Then people picked a balloon and could keep it for their kids. I thought it would attract people because kids would want a balloon and then they could be walking around and people would ask "Hey, where did you get the balloon" and then they'd direct them to me. I just told people that if they booked a show they could pick a balloon. I didn't put a condition on the show needing to be a certain amount. They were all item less than $10. I got a couple bookings that day. When I arrived at the event I was disappointed to see that we were in tents--not very tall ones--so my balloons didn't have the same affect I was hoping for. But I will definitely do it again! :)

Mar 13, 2009
  13. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I may be wrong, but I think it is a promotion to get people to book a show. You provide an incentive to book and the customer gets to look at it only if they agree to host a show.

Have something to add?