• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling with Pampered Chef Trip Logistics - Need Advice!

In summary, the couple is considering taking a Pampered Chef trip but are unsure if their "unconvinced" husband will enjoy it. They are considering asking their parents for help or crunching some numbers to see how many extra shows they would need to do to earn the trip.
frozenchef
Gold Member
Does anyone have any past experience with this? I was so excited that I had earned the cruise only to discover the chances of me actually going are almost nil now. We don't have anyone here in Alaska that both my husband and I would trust to watch our kids while we're gone, so our plan was to fly to Fort Walton Beach, FL first and leave the kids with my parents before heading down to Miami. Even if Pampered Chef somehow pays for my husband and I from Anchorage to Fort Walton and Fort Walton to Miami a day later, it's still more than the value of the trip to fly just my daughter (my son will still be under 2 and won't need a ticket) from Anchorage to Fort Walton. Taking both kids on the cruise will again be more expensive then the cruise is worth. My husband says we should just take the $900 gift card, but I worked my butt off for this cruise for us and for Alaskans, a cruise like that is worth way more than $900.
My husband doesn't get how amazing Pampered Chef trips are and I really wanted him to experience one - I just don't see how we'll actually get to go and enjoy ourselves for once.

I think you have a couple options. But first let me say, I have been told repeatedly that my "unconvinced" husband will have a completely different perspective of TPC and my business once he's been on a trip. SO...I think it is imperative you go! With him! First option, ask your parents if they would help pay for the airfair for your little one in leu of Christmas if they/you must. (It's my understanding that TPC will pay to get you to the port, so perhaps they'll pay for your trip to your parents, then you can drive from there, or be driven). If that is not an option, or at least part option, then why not crunch some numbers to see how many extra shows you'd need to do between now and cruise time, set that money aside, and you'll have what you need when the time comes. Where there's a will there's a way! And with TPC, there's definitely a way! Good Luck!

Another option to think about is asking your parents for help. My parents flew the kids and themselves to Hawaii and watched our kids during the events that we didn't think our kids needed to attend. The lual and TPC event...years ago. When I earned Alaska my parents watched my kids at their home for a full week...and my son got chicken pox from the vacine shot he'd had a few weeks earlier. The fact that you can visit with your parents at almost half the cost is HUGE! My mom told me that watching my kids while we were on my earned vacations was never a bother and always a pleasure. She has been gone now for eight years and I am blessed that my children got to stay with them while we were gone. They all enjoyed themselves and had/have a strong relationshop because of it.

Call, ask and then go! Even if you have to pay the ticket and rental. You can extend your stay in Florida and enjoy your time with your family. Go and enjoy every minute of it.

Ironically, I'm not going and am taking the money...inner ear issues. I'm fine on the boat, but once I'm off I don't have my balance for weeks after cruising.

First - Congrats on earning the trip. That's a huge accomplishment. :thumbup:

My DH has been on 2 PC trips - Atlantis and Disney - and he still doesn't drink the PC Kool-Aid. He enjoyed the trips, but he doesn't say every Jan. 1 "ok, you gotta earn this next trip" or "wow, PC trips are amazing. They go above and beyond." I appreciate all the extras partly because I pay attention to details and am a planner. He just goes along with whatever I tell him.

When they announced the trip this past Jan., I was correct in guessing his reaction, "eh, a cruise." He has no interest in going on a cruise. I have to plan strategically and figure I will only get him on a cruise when it's got some good ports of call. I think the year after Atlantis I did earn the 3-night cruise that stopped in Nassau. We had just been there with Atlantis and still have no need to ever go to that city again. I am, however, plotting to get the family to Atlantis. If I had earned the Med. cruise this year, you better believe he would be excited about it. We also have an issue with having in-laws take care of the kids. With the kids in school during travel time, I would have to get my in-laws to stay in my house. Talk about stress! I am not a good housekeeper so would not get any sleep before the trip between packing, wrapping up business and cleaning the house. There have been years I've taken the gift card. I know some consultants (BeckyD for one) take the gift card and use it toward their family vacation to a destination of their choice at the time of their choice.

Good luck in your decision.

I earned the trip too... and we're taking the gift card as much as it hurts to not take the cruise. We are in a similar situation with our kids... that and I don't have the correct name on my ss card and we certainly don't have passprts. The trip is right on our son's birthday, so my MIL will give me crap about that. So as much as I want to go on the cruise, we're taking the money and going to go on a little weekend trip to Vegas at a later time.

My dad also lives in Florida, and whenever there is a cruise, I use that as an excuse to see him (and my BIL in Tampa). What a cheap family vacation to Florida! At least your tickets are covered.....only 1 to buy versus 3! I know PC is very generous and accommodating when figuring out airfare travel. All you can do is ask what they can do, and go from there. You might be surprised!
After saying all that, and really wanting to visit my dad again, my family has voted to take the gift card and have a family vacation to the Grand Canyon. :) I love that we have options!!

I have such great news! We have reached an agreement :) My parents have generously offered to drive up to Atlanta from Destin, FL (a 6 hour drive!) so we can just take a long layover there to "drop off" the kids before heading on to Miami and do the same on the way back. I can't believe my mom suggested this - 12 hours of driving one day and then again just a few days later - she is so amazing! The tickets to Atlanta from Alaska are only $300, so that is SO much better. Cost was never really an issue, we could have covered it, my husband just didn't see the point of spending more on one plane ticket that the gift card amount we could get...but I'm so excited now! Can't wait to make everything official with tickets in January and start planning what excursions we'll do :)

Just remember you are not buying the tickets to FL, the travel agency is doing that. They will purchase the cheapest fair and until they make the arrangements, you won't know where you'll get a layover (if you get one).What's the airfare like for your family to fly to your home & watch the kids there while you are gone? That's the easiest on the kids if it's cost effective for you guys.You have to go to Anchorage to catch a flight, right? I have a really good (military) friend there in Anchorage if you need a referral. I'd trust her with my 4 year old & 2 year old and that's saying a LOT ... there's very few people that I'd trust to watch my two while I go out of the country. ;)

Sheila - I've worked with ITA before to make slight adjustments with the flights, they charge a small booking fee, but usually have no problem with it.
Airfare is expensive both directions to and from my parents unfortunately - we looked at that - thanks though :)
If my husband is uncomfortable with his step mom watching the munchkins, someone he doesn't know isn't going to go over well - what a weanie! ;) Even my sister lives here and we couldn't "find someone" to watch the kids...we had quite the "discussion" over all of this - his issues with not going outside his comfort zone, life revolving too much around the kids, etc. So glad we at least resolved the cruise issue, but we have some other things we need to talk over now...
But happy thoughts! I need to get me some cruise wear! ;)
Who is your friend here?

I met her in Oki her name is Deena. She's from Alaska, so her hubby getting assigned there was a happy assignment for her! :DYes, it's not healthy to worry that much. What's his plan if something happened to both of you? To refuse to cross over, hang around & supervise who ever is in the will to get the children? LOL This is something to go do and ENJOY. Hopefully he'll be able to relax on the trip & take in the adventure.

See...for ME, I'd look at the safety of flying the extra miles to get the kids closer to their home worth it- versus them having to drive on the road for the 6 hrs back home. Highway travel isn't exactly the safest thing.

Sheila said:
Just remember you are not buying the tickets to FL, the travel agency is doing that. They will purchase the cheapest fair and until they make the arrangements, you won't know where you'll get a layover (if you get one).
;)

Check into how much you get for a flight allowance if you make your own arrangements. It might be to your advantage. I know on our last cruise a couple did the flight on their own and the $$ they got were enough for their flights and enough to cover what they paid to buy-in their son and a little left over.

BethCooks4U said:
Check into how much you get for a flight allowance if you make your own arrangements. It might be to your advantage. I know on our last cruise a couple did the flight on their own and the $$ they got were enough for their flights and enough to cover what they paid to buy-in their son and a little left over.

Travel allowance is $600.

Congratulations!! I am so happy that your mom offered to go to Atlanta!! Your kids are going to love every minute of your vacation being spoiled!! Enjoy!!!!!

Last year I flew to Maui from Chicago and my daughter flew in from Miami (I took her on the trip and we met there). Just ask for what you want and see what happens. The travel agency was awesome in making several requests a reality....never underestimate the power of the Pampered Chef travel team!

1. How can I get advice on using my Pampered Chef products?

To get advice on using your Pampered Chef products, you can reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant or join a Pampered Chef Facebook group where fellow consultants and customers share tips and advice on using the products. You can also check out the Pampered Chef website for product tutorials and recipe ideas.

2. Where can I find troubleshooting tips for my Pampered Chef products?

You can find troubleshooting tips for your Pampered Chef products on the Pampered Chef website under the "Help & How-to" section. You can also contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for assistance.

3. How can I get replacement parts for my Pampered Chef products?

If your Pampered Chef product is missing a part or a part needs to be replaced, you can contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or reach out to the Pampered Chef customer service team. They will help you get the necessary replacement parts.

4. Can I return or exchange a Pampered Chef product?

Yes, you can return or exchange a Pampered Chef product within 30 days of purchase if you are not satisfied with it. You can contact your local Pampered Chef consultant or reach out to the customer service team for assistance with the return or exchange process.

5. How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

If you are interested in becoming a Pampered Chef consultant, you can reach out to your local consultant for more information on how to join the company. You can also visit the Pampered Chef website to learn more about the consultant opportunity and to sign up online.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
missyciccolella
Replies
Views
chrpangel
Replies
Views
trps