• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Recipes to Make With 40 3 Year Olds!!

In summary, the author is looking for a recipe to make for her daughters' Mother's Day Out program. There are a variety of options for the children to choose from, and the adults will also have fun helping to decorate.
mscharf
I am looking for a recipe to make at my daughters' Mother's Day Out program. I will have about 40 :eek:3-4 year olds. (not all at the same time) and I will have other adult help. We don't have access to a real kitchen, but we have a couple toaster ovens and microwaves!!
HELP please!

What about those pretzel wreaths that were in the holiday minis a couple of years ago" Dip the bottom 1/2 of a mini pretzel and lay them out in a circle on waxed paper. Add sprinkles, and then tie a ribbon around the top for a hanger when dry.

LOL...sounds like margaritas would be in order- FOR THE ADULTS! :)I've got several kids cookbooks- I'll go down and take a peak and see if anything looks simple for that age level and let you know.

I like Christy's idea. Simple, and the kids will have fun decorating. You could also do cookies with the Cookie Press, and have the kids decorate those.

pampchefsarah said:
I like Christy's idea. Simple, and the kids will have fun decorating. You could also do cookies with the Cookie Press, and have the kids decorate those.

We don't have an oven!! I saw someone posted about a DCB applesauce, I was thinking that might be fun! Does anyone know if this would be good with lots of little ones?

straitfan said:
What about those pretzel wreaths that were in the holiday minis a couple of years ago" Dip the bottom 1/2 of a mini pretzel and lay them out in a circle on waxed paper. Add sprinkles, and then tie a ribbon around the top for a hanger when dry.

I like this idea. Having a 3 year old -- just dipping and decorating pretzel sticks might be easier for this age.

Using the easy accent decorator to fill brownie cups that were premade, and then topping with sprinkles.

What about having some premade un-frosted sugar cookies for the kids and moms to decorate? I've done this before and you can either pre-make the cookies yourself or order them from your local bakery or grocery store. Then have all sorts of things to use to decorate the cookies such as sprinkles, different colors of frosting in the Decorator Bottles (Dec. guest special!), frosting with the beaded spreader, peanuts to chop with the food chopper, etc. My kids absolutely love it when I do this for them and their friends!

Have fun!!!!

Hmmm, thought I posted this yesterday, but can't find it, wonder which inappropriate place I posted it :blushing: oops! Anyway, what about the turtle things, (don't know official name)... take a pretzle and put a rolo on top, put it in the oven (a toaster oven or microwave would work here) and then put a pecan or M&M (My family loves it with an almond M&M). My kids love to help make these and everyone loves to eat them!

Believe it or not I had the PDF of the 07 Holiday mini on my computer. Here are the "official directions" for those who are interested. Pretzel Wreath
1. Place almond bark or confectionery coating candy melts into Coating Tray;
microwave according to package directions until melted and smooth.
2. Dip rounded bottoms of five miniature pretzels, one at a time, into bark; shake off
excess. Lay pretzels onto Parchment Paper in a circular pattern with sides touching
and rounded sides toward center.
3. Repeat with five additional pretzels, placing directly on top of first circle in a
staggered pattern. Decorate wreath as desired with Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkle,
Sweet Caramel Sprinkle, nonpareils or colored sugar.

I have several preschool "Cookbooks", and here are a couple simple ideas I found:

Isabella Inchworm's Instant Pudding (not sure how much this makes- you'll need to figure out how many "2 T." of pudding are in a box to determine number of boxes needed)

You will need:
  • Instant Pudding Mix (any flavor)
  • Dry milk
  • Water

Equipment:
  • Measuring Spoons/cups
  • Styrofoam cup & Plastic spoon for each child

In each cup:
  1. Mix 2 T. instant Pudding, 2 T. dry milk, Stir.
  2. Pour 1/3 cup water in a cup. Stir for 2 minutes.
  3. Cool in refrigerator (not sure if you have one)
  4. Eat!

Sweet Sparkler (this was a 4th of July recipe- but you can use any colors you want to fit your holiday- assuming Christmas- do red/green, etc!)

Ingredients (this is for one- so multiply accordingly)
refrigerated sugar cookie dough
vanilla frosting
colored sprinkles/sugar

Utensils & supplies
plastic plate
one 6"x4" rectangle of aluminum foil per child
permanent marker
nonstick cookie sheet
oven 1 plastic knife per child
napkins

Teacher prep: (I'd do all of these steps at home before going to the class)
  • personalize a class supply of aluminum foil rectangles
  • Freeze the roll of cookie dough for approximately 15 min; then cut into half-inch slices to make a class supply
  • Roll each slice of dough to make a stick (think the shape of a pretzel rod)
  • Bake according to package directions

These steps, you can do before the kids arrive.

Pour the candy sprinkles onto paper plates (have several for groups of kids?)

With the kids:
  • Help them spread the frosting on one end of the cookie-stick.
  • Roll in sprinkles.
  • Eat and enjoy!

Bake a cupcake for each child ahead of time and take with you. Then with the kids- help them spread the tops of the cupcakes with frosting. (recipe called for chocolate cake with vanilla frosting) To make each mouse, put 2 vanilla wafer cookies for "ears", 2 candy-coated chocolate pieces (M&Ms) for "eyes", 1 chocolate Kiss for a "nose", and 4 pieces of shoestring licorice for "whiskers". http://kidsvillenews.us/articles/200601/kidsville_kitchen/mouse-in-the-house_cupcakes.aspx

Bake 1/2 inch thick slices from refrigerated sugar cookie dough, shape each slice of dough into a ball. Place balls of dough on round stone. Insert flat wooden sticks into the balls, pointing ends toward center of baking stone. Flatten balls slightly using bottom of Measure-All cup dipped in granulated sugar. Bake 14-16 minutes at 350. Cool on stone for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely. (Do all of this BEFORE going.)

At the class, then either use the Easy Accent Decorator to decorate cookies with frosting, or spread frosting on the cookies, and then let the kids decorate the cookies as desired. "Marshmallows, colored sugars, sprinkles, nonpareils or candies (m&ms, etc).

THANKS SO much for all of the ideas, now i have to choose one!!

ChefPaulaB said:
Hmmm, thought I posted this yesterday, but can't find it, wonder which inappropriate place I posted it :blushing: oops! Anyway, what about the turtle things, (don't know official name)... take a pretzle and put a rolo on top, put it in the oven (a toaster oven or microwave would work here) and then put a pecan or M&M (My family loves it with an almond M&M). My kids love to help make these and everyone loves to eat them!

Can't do ANYTHING with nuts. We are a completely nut free school, we have a couple children with severe allergies, my baby is one of them!!

I did the pretzel wreaths with kids at my DD's B'day party last december, it was a huge hit, but need quite alot of supervision as the chocolate can get really messy, and you need plenty of containers of melted chocolate for the kids. I used prep bowls! The kids were 3 1/2 - 5yrs. I also pre-counted out 10 pretzels on paper plates for the kids. That takes longer than you think! (I had probably 8 kids, each did 2 -4 wreaths).

You could pre make vanilla cupcakes using the floral silicone pan and then use the bottle decorator (using holiday colors) to have them decorate them.
You could microwave colored frosting to soften it up to make it easier. Also,
if you get pretzel rods and dip them in melted chocolate. You could use the coating trays filled with sprinkles and decorations. We do this every year at my house with colored red and green sugar. Then put them in clear or holiday bags and tie a ribbon to them.

Here is the recipes I did last year at our KITK for Christmas...

Attachments

• CHRISTMAS KITK WORKSHOP RECIPES.doc
    44.5 KB · Views: 533

Related to Need Recipes to Make With 40 3 Year Olds!!

What age group is the recipe suitable for?

The recipes we offer are suitable for children ages 3 and up. We recommend adult supervision when cooking with children.

Are the recipes easy enough for 3-year-olds to make?

Yes, our recipes are designed to be simple and easy for young children to make with adult assistance. They are also a great way to introduce children to cooking and kitchen safety.

Do you have any recipe suggestions for picky eaters?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes that are kid-friendly and sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. Our recipes also offer ways to make them more appealing to children, such as adding fun shapes or colors.

Can the recipes be made in a group setting?

Absolutely! Our recipes are perfect for group settings, such as a classroom or daycare. They can be easily scaled up to accommodate a large group and can be a fun and interactive activity for children to do together.

Are there any recipes that do not require heat or sharp objects?

Yes, we have a variety of no-bake recipes that are safe and fun for young children to make. These recipes are great for a quick and easy activity and can also be a way to introduce children to different ingredients and flavors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JenWard
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • cookn' katie