• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Recipe for Family Christmas Party!!!

In summary, the author is having a difficult time because she is going to three different events on the same day. Her family Christmas party is on Saturday, her husband's wedding is on Friday night, and she is sleeping at a hotel on Saturday morning.
crysboo
ok heres my delima... my family christmas party is on saturday (around noon) my husband and i are going to a wedding out of town friday night and sleeping at a hotel, saturday morning we are going straight from the hotel to the christmas party.... when am i supposed to cook???:cry:
I need advice/recipes to make something ahead of time that will be good by the time i get there!!
please help!!!

How about bread? I tend to bring that a lot for gatherings b/c I can make it ahead of time. I use the mini loaf pan and make a cinnamon bread and a chocolate one.

Otherwise, can you have ingredients there and ready to assemble? Then you can choose a fairly simple recipe to throw together. Like crab rangoon dip or something like that. You chop up some stuff and throw it in the microwave. A layered Mexican Dip (there are a few PC ones if that's what you really want).

I'm guessing it's not like a refrigerator outside where you are. HERE, I could make a lot of things and just leave it in the car :).

My last gathering (b/c I had NO time), I simply had cream cheese with our newer sauces on them. The Ginger Wasabi was a hit. I would have brought the Pineapple one, but didn't have it. People snacked on it a lot before and after the main meal :).

well i'm still semi new to pc and i don't have a whole lot of products so the bread won't work.... and the family party consists of roughly 50-60 ppl and i know the kitchen will be full, so i really don't want to assemble anything there... and i don't have any more sauces!! lol
these were all really great ideas though! sorry i have to be so complicated...lol

Do you have any seasonings? Like Southwestern? You mix it with Mayo and sour cream.. serve with veggies or chips.

What about brownies? The Warm Carmal Nutty Brownies are good even if not warm! Or, do PB cookies in the mini muffin pan, when they come out put a hershey kiss in them and there ya go.

That would be my ideas... desserts. They are easy enough to keep with out to much fuss. Good luck!

Can you put together the Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie once you get there? You can pick up the ingredients on the way, bring your batter bowl and ston along and just prepare it when you get there. I've done this for a few open houses I've gone too and its super easy and everyone loves it.Just a thought

Do you have a trifle bowl? I've made those before and kept in a cooler. (or you could probably assemble one of some sort in the hotel room that morning!!) (brings back memories of a hilarious night when someone got a huge kick out of the fact that I was "cooking in the bathroom at a hotel once! LOL) Just a pan (could be bought) of brownies, some pudding, cool whip, maybe some fruit. I can give you more details if you have the bowl.

Thanks guys for all of the great ideas.... but I decided to make fudge! i'm making it tonight: Rocky Road with pecans and Peanut Butter made with Honey Roaster PB....
its easy and will only take me a few minutes and i know it will still be good Saturday... I hope it comes out good with my new little twist on them.
thanks again everyone... now i have bunches of great ideas for next time i'm in a pinch!

Hi there! I completely understand your dilemma. It can be tough to balance a busy schedule and still have time to prepare a dish for a family event. Luckily, there are plenty of recipes that can be made ahead of time and still be delicious when you arrive at the party. One option is to make a slow cooker dish, such as pulled pork or beef stew, the day before and let it cook overnight. That way, it will be ready to go when you wake up and can be easily transported to the party. Another option is to make a cold dish, such as a pasta salad or fruit salad, the night before and keep it in the fridge until you leave for the party. These dishes can be served cold and still taste great. I also recommend checking out the Pampered Chef website for make-ahead recipes that are perfect for busy schedules. I hope this helps and that you have a wonderful time at your family Christmas party! Happy holidays!

1. What types of dishes are best for a family Christmas party?

At Pampered Chef, we recommend a variety of dishes that are both delicious and easy to prepare. Some popular options for a family Christmas party include casseroles, slow cooker meals, and appetizers that can be served as finger foods.

2. Can you suggest a recipe that is suitable for both adults and children?

One of our favorite recipes for a family Christmas party is our Santa's Favorite Mac and Cheese. It's a fun twist on a classic dish that is sure to please both kids and adults. You can find the recipe on our website or in our holiday recipe guide.

3. How can I make a dish that accommodates dietary restrictions?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes that can be easily modified to accommodate dietary restrictions. Our website and recipe guide include options for vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free dishes. You can also reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant for personalized recommendations.

4. My family has a lot of picky eaters. Can you suggest a recipe that is kid-friendly?

We understand that it can be challenging to find a recipe that everyone in the family will enjoy. One of our top picks for a kid-friendly dish is our Holiday Tree Pizza. It's a fun and interactive way to get kids involved in the cooking process, and they can customize their own pizza toppings.

5. How can I make a dish that looks festive for the holidays?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of tools and accessories that can help make your dishes look festive for the holidays. Our holiday recipe guide also includes tips and tricks for presentation. We recommend trying out our Chocolate Peppermint Cream Cheese Dip, which can be served in a festive holiday bowl and garnished with crushed candy canes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HeatherB
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot
Replies
Views
ChefJen2012
  • MissChef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies