• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Need Inspiration for Your Next Demo? Try These Delicious Recipes!

In summary, the conversation revolves around different recipe ideas for grill shows, specifically focusing on pizza and pineapple sundaes. Some suggestions include using different rubs for a variation of Jerk Chicken Nachos, adding red onion to the peppers and cilantro, and making a quick salsa in the Manual Food Processor. Other ideas for grill shows include offering fruit and veggie dips made in the MFP, and using prepared crusts for easy grilled pizza. Tips for grilling on a gas grill include having the host light the grill and cooking on low heat to avoid burning. The general consensus is that grilled pizza and pineapple sundaes are popular and easy to make for summer grill shows.
I have been doing Fajitas and Mexican Chicken Lasagna with Pineapple Mango Salsa. Looking for some inspiration!

I've done a variation of the Jerk Chicken Nachos that's been really good.

I switch the Jerk Rub for the Chili Lime Rub, and then I add a red onion to the peppers and cilantro. I do 1/2 of the pepper, 1/2 of the onion, and cilantro in the MFP, and make the Nachos, and then while they are in the oven, I throw the rest of the onion and pepper, along with a chili pepper in the MFP, and give it a few pumps, and then add in a wedged tomato and another handful of cilantro, and make salsa. (another squeeze of lime and a couple twists of salt too) Then Nachos and chips and salsa along with Slap Your Mama Margaritas!

I did something similar to Becky two months ago and really liked it. I am thinking about doing cool n serve shows with fruit salsa and 30 min chicken. It is such an easy show, demo's lots of product and a very short grocery list. I am "selling" that it is such an easy show to host, pick up some fruit and get me a guest list!

I am going to do the Cool N Serve show next weekend with just fruits and veggies and make the dips in the MFP. Hoping it is a hit because I would like to mix that one in for patio parties

Fajitas or 3 Cheese Garden Pizza but last night did a Strawberry Bruschetta from a HWC recipe book i had gotten from an upline and that was a big hit but plan on switching for June-July-Aug to offering Coldstone ice cream parties.

I'd like to add pizza on the grill but I've never done it. We, and most people we know, have a gas grill. Any advice?

Beth, grill shows scare the pants off me... I dont do the grilling at home so I am terrified to do it somewhere else!

pcjenni said:
Beth, grill shows scare the pants off me... I dont do the grilling at home so I am terrified to do it somewhere else!

Me too. :bugeye:

I think Becky or Carolyn does them so hopefully they'll chime in with expert advice.

bethcooks4u said:
I'd like to add pizza on the grill but I've never done it. We, and most people we know, have a gas grill. Any advice?

I have done the recipe on a gas grill a few times without incident and with rave reviews. I have only done the one that was in Casual Cooking.

To aviod any lighting issues, I make sure the host lights her own grill. They know if there are ignitors that are burned out, etc. You may want to let her know ahead of time that you will want her to light the grill in case she too is hesitant.

Ask her to set the flame at low. Personally, I do not like burned bread or pizza dough! Then cook the pizza according to directions in recipe. It is quite easy and as I have stated...very popular.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Pizza On The Grill for Shows! LOVE it!

And yes, I always have the host light the grill...just because some of them can be persnickety, and we only do charcoal at our house, so I'm not that familiar with lighting a gas grill. If you're worried about burning the pizza, then just make sure and keep it on low. I usually use about a medium heat.

I also usually only use the prepared crusts (like a Boboli crust) just because it's quick and easy. The recipe that is in the catalog this season is a really great one - it's just a small variation of the one that was in the old Grilling/Outdoor cookbook (Can't remember the name right now!)

For the past two summers, I've done Grilled pizza, and Grilled Pineapple Sundaes for my Summer Grill Shows. Both recipes are simple and easy, and everyone LOVED them.
For the pizza, grill it with the top side down for about 3-5 minutes, and then flip it and remove it from the grill. Add the toppings and then place it back on the grill (so easy now with the mega lifter thingy!) and grill it for another 5-7 minutes with the lid down. I remove it and place it on the large cutting board for slicing.
For the Sundaes, I would use the pineapple wedger, and then slice the pineapple, lay it in the grill basket or tray, and grill it for just a couple minutes on both sides - just until it starts to caramelize and get grill marks. Then place it on a plate or in a small bowl, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, and a dollop of Pineapple Rum Sauce on top of that. YUM!

So tell me how does the show flow? Do you do the whole thing outside or do you go in and out. I am afraid of losing control of the crowd by going in and out.

pcjenni said:
So tell me how does the show flow? Do you do the whole thing outside or do you go in and out. I am afraid of losing control of the crowd by going in and out.

I always do the Grill Shows as Deck or Patio Parties. Except for the one that happened in the middle of a thunderstorm. That was a Couples Party, so we let the guys stand out in the rain and grill, while the ladies (and a couple of the men who didn't want to get wet) made dessert inside. :)

Yes, I forgot to add that I always use a Boboli pizza crust as well!:chef:

ok the pre made crust makes more sense to me. also doing the whole thing outside makes more sense. I was thinking inside and outside would be too much

pcjenni said:
I am going to do the Cool N Serve show next weekend with just fruits and veggies and make the dips in the MFP. Hoping it is a hit because I would like to mix that one in for patio parties

Can you please tell me about your show plan for this? I'm afraid it won't offer enough to hold people's interest. I don't know, but it sure sounds easy. Great for an office party or an Express Show. I'd love to hear more about how you plan on doing it.

Oh, and the grilling shows scare me also! I don't grill at home! It's also freakin H-O-T here in the summer. We grill all year long in TX, but when it is cool enough to reasonably be outside most people want other kinds of recipes. That's been my experience anyway. Good luck with them ladies!! I wonder how it would turn out on our Grill Pan, indoors???!

baychef said:
I have done the recipe on a gas grill a few times without incident and with rave reviews. I have only done the one that was in Casual Cooking.

To aviod any lighting issues, I make sure the host lights her own grill. They know if there are ignitors that are burned out, etc. You may want to let her know ahead of time that you will want her to light the grill in case she too is hesitant.

Ask her to set the flame at low. Personally, I do not like burned bread or pizza dough! Then cook the pizza according to directions in recipe. It is quite easy and as I have stated...very popular.

Casual Cooking! That's the name of the cookbook that I couldn't remember!
I believe that's also the cookbook with the Strawberry Spinach Salad - another favorite demo recipe!

I am doing Chicken Lettuce wraps. Chicken in the DCB use the MFP to make the marinate for the Chicken then use the Free Sauces on them. I julienne a cucumber and grate a carrot for putting inside the wraps. Super easy and fast.

Chef Kearns said:
Can you please tell me about your show plan for this? I'm afraid it won't offer enough to hold people's interest. I don't know, but it sure sounds easy. Great for an office party or an Express Show. I'd love to hear more about how you plan on doing it.
I have done this show twice and really loved it! I think I am going to offer it all of June.
The first time I did the Mango Confetti Salsa and used an apple instead of the jicama, and at the same time I made a fruit tray with apples, oranges, strawberries and kiwi. I also did a 30 min chicken.
I used a lot of tools:
apple wedger, veggie wedger, mango wedger, avocado peeler, egg slicer, knives, cool n serve, DCB, citrus press, serrated peeler, manual food processor, core n more, knives, cutting board. I really liked this demo it was short and easy to pack for.
The second time I did almost the same thing, but we added a fresh pineapple as well. I made a fruit dip this time, it was cool whip with the coconut lime drizzled on top! Very good.

So what did you do with the chicken? That's the only thing throwing me for a loop.

Chef Kearns said:
So what did you do with the chicken? That's the only thing throwing me for a loop.

You just hack it up and eat it! LOL!

DebbieJ said:

LOL!

That's what I've always done with my 30 Minute Chicken Shows! :D

Really?!! I guess that works! LOL!! Maybe since it is a a fruit/veggie show we could toss it on a salad the host already has put together???!

I'm just making the salsa & a lava cake......the last few shows the guests have loved it! I've been selling a bunch of MFP's & I email them recipes to go w/it :)

I'm thinking about doing the cool n serve show next month w/the salsa...

annew said:
I'm just making the salsa & a lava cake......the last few shows the guests have loved it! I've been selling a bunch of MFP's & I email them recipes to go w/it :)

Can you share the recipes you send them?

Chefbeckyd said:
LOL!

That's what I've always done with my 30 Minute Chicken Shows! :D
Yes! I carve it with the 7" santoku and put it on a plate and pass it around with toothpicks or a fork. I don't like to add in a salad or anything else for my shows because my hosts REALLY appreciate a short grocery list. I have done little mini sandwiches with BBQ before though.

annew said:

I have gotten to like the MFP more and more, but sometimes it seems really hard to push the handle. At my last show several people commented wow that is hard. That is definitely not what they are supposed to get from trying it! I keep wondering if something is wrong with mine. Any ideas? I don't think I have sold more than one or two and I am demoing it quite a bit.

DebbieJ said:
Can you share the recipes you send them?

I can't get it to attach...I'll keep trying

If you don't get it to attach Anne can you send it to my email address as well as Deb? My email address is: [email protected]

Great ideas!! Thanks for sharing everyone!

cincychef said:
I have gotten to like the MFP more and more, but sometimes it seems really hard to push the handle. At my last show several people commented wow that is hard. That is definitely not what they are supposed to get from trying it! I keep wondering if something is wrong with mine. Any ideas? I don't think I have sold more than one or two and I am demoing it quite a bit.

be careful not to over fill it! That's what happens to mine when I put too much in at once.

Chef Kearns said:
If you don't get it to attach Anne can you send it to my email address as well as Deb? My email address is: [email protected]

Great ideas!! Thanks for sharing everyone!

jenningsdeb @ gmail . com

The MFP should not be hard to press, should not click inside the top base and the blades should not rust. The top should fit "snug" and should come off with a little pressure. Contact HO to get a replacement if your MFP is not working correctly. You are losing sales by using a defective MFP. These should sell like "crazy".

jla8279 said:
The MFP should not be hard to press, should not click inside the top base and the blades should not rust. The top should fit "snug" and should come off with a little pressure. Contact HO to get a replacement if your MFP is not working correctly. You are losing sales by using a defective MFP. These should sell like "crazy".

That's what I am worried about, I don't think I overfilled it, I made a very small batch of salsa and it just seems to catch and not turn easily. With everyone else saying they are selling I think I should return mine.

DebbieJ said:

Ok...I am sick just to warn you...I am think of my cat when I see hack it up! I am only sharing half of my sick mind!!

Seriously, I love these ideas! I have a booth tomorrow and don't have time to get too creative but I am going to entice people with summer shows with some of your ideas! Thanks for sharing!:candyheart:

Related to Need Inspiration for Your Next Demo? Try These Delicious Recipes!

1. What other recipes can I try for my next demo?

There are so many delicious recipes you can try for your next demo! Some popular options include homemade pizza, stuffed bell peppers, and shrimp scampi. You can also check out our website for more recipe ideas.

2. Can you recommend any vegetarian options for a demo?

Absolutely! Some tasty vegetarian recipes to try include roasted vegetable quinoa bowls, spinach and feta stuffed mushrooms, and lentil curry. These dishes are not only delicious, but they also showcase the versatility of our products.

3. How can I incorporate Pampered Chef products into my demo recipes?

There are many ways to showcase our products in your demo recipes. For example, you can use our mandoline slicer to thinly slice vegetables for a stir-fry or our stoneware baking pan for a delicious casserole. Get creative and have fun with it!

4. Are there any recipes that are quick and easy to make for a demo?

Absolutely! Some quick and easy recipes that are perfect for a demo include chicken alfredo pasta, one-pan lemon garlic chicken, and BBQ pulled pork sliders. These dishes are not only tasty, but they also show how our products can make cooking a breeze.

5. Can I modify the recipes to accommodate dietary restrictions?

Yes, our recipes can be easily modified to accommodate dietary restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free pasta in our lasagna recipe or substitute tofu for chicken in our fajitas recipe. Don't be afraid to make adjustments to fit your audience's needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• OhmyDLM
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cheftiffany
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • imported_iteachurkid