• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for Neighborhood Kitchen Show

In summary, the conversation was about a person named Lisa looking for ideas for a neighborhood kitchen show in February. She wanted to do something fun to get neighbors together and was looking for recipe suggestions and other ideas. Another person, Sharisse, also showed interest in hosting a similar event. The conversation also included tips and suggestions from a consultant named Scott, who shared his experiences and successes with hosting neighborhood shows. He advised giving enough notice and providing incentives for attendees.
onepamperedmom68
Hi there!
Just wondering if anyone has any good ideas for a neighborhood kitchen show? I am planning on having one at my home in February (19th) and wanted to have something fun. I know quite a few of my neighbors but not all and wanted to do something that would get people to come and have fun together.
I am trying to think of a good recipe or recipes and maybe something fun to go along with it. Any help would GREATLY be appreciated! :D
Thank you so much!
Lisa
[email protected]

let me know if you get any responses as I have a friend that is interested in doing the same thing

Sharisse,
I will do that. I am still racking my brain :eek: and hopefully something will come to me soon!
Take care.
Lisa

Neighborhood ideasI truly wish you the best of luck with this - but know that it takes more than luck. Only on my 4th try, did I hold a successful "neighborhood" show...

You should know before reading this, that my neighborhood is an odd mix of folks. The "long timers" say it is the strangest but most convenient place they ever lived, and it is really really rare for folks to speak with one another. We live in an old suburb, and all have 1950's homes, 1 car garages and range in ages from original owners now retirement age, to young families. Trust is hard to develop. The only time neighbors go out of their way to talk with one another is when they have a complaint - your tree is dead, have it removed before it falls on my house / when are you going to fix your fence - kind of thing!

First try, I polled door-to-door and gave away 2 free cookies, a recipe card and the invitation. It was too short a notice (Tues and Weds) for that Saturday evening. No one came. Quite a blow to a budding consultant's ego.
Of course my wife (who IS always right...) reminded me we had just been plastered with RegisteredSexOffender info the week prior, and no one was going to respond to a guy going door to door at that point. :eek:

Second try, I tried a 'new products audition' and promised free food and recipes. I gave local neighbors 10 days notice, blasted email invites out, received 3 e-yesses, only 1 person showed. He has been a steady customer, but we were both a little disappointed. My director looked at my flier and said too much - others on this board have said K.I.S.S. and I am still working on that. :rolleyes:

Third try, I held a summer fun show; weather in Seattle had just started drying out and it was the first balmy day 70's that we had. No one came. I got 4 orders (enough for a show!) online, though. :cool: summertime!

Finally, I figured I had nothing to lose, and took 40 regular PC invites around, to which I added "bring this card for $5 cash to spend at the show, $10 for you if you bring a friend" and I had 35 people in my tiny house! My first true success. Most of their orders I put on with the host, so the $5 didn't cost me but about $3.75 per person, and for about $40, I had a $810 show. :D

Be creative. I heard on a coaching call this morning from Cindy Langford, "There are only 2 rules in Pampered Chef: Have Fun, and Be Nice!" :)

Good luck - I hope you can vault to my 4th show and beyond... be sure to give folks enough notice, and give as much incentive as you can afford - you will be amazed at what you get back. :p

Open HouseScott, did you do the open house as a regular kitchen show or did you have products out for people to look at? I was thinking about having an open house in March to promote the new line and I wasn't quite sure how to go about it. I was planning on having products out and having food already prepared in some of them.

scottcooks said:
I truly wish you the best of luck with this - but know that it takes more than luck. Only on my 4th try, did I hold a successful "neighborhood" show...

You should know before reading this, that my neighborhood is an odd mix of folks. The "long timers" say it is the strangest but most convenient place they ever lived, and it is really really rare for folks to speak with one another. We live in an old suburb, and all have 1950's homes, 1 car garages and range in ages from original owners now retirement age, to young families. Trust is hard to develop. The only time neighbors go out of their way to talk with one another is when they have a complaint - your tree is dead, have it removed before it falls on my house / when are you going to fix your fence - kind of thing!

First try, I polled door-to-door and gave away 2 free cookies, a recipe card and the invitation. It was too short a notice (Tues and Weds) for that Saturday evening. No one came. Quite a blow to a budding consultant's ego.
Of course my wife (who IS always right...) reminded me we had just been plastered with RegisteredSexOffender info the week prior, and no one was going to respond to a guy going door to door at that point. :eek:

Second try, I tried a 'new products audition' and promised free food and recipes. I gave local neighbors 10 days notice, blasted email invites out, received 3 e-yesses, only 1 person showed. He has been a steady customer, but we were both a little disappointed. My director looked at my flier and said too much - others on this board have said K.I.S.S. and I am still working on that. :rolleyes:

Third try, I held a summer fun show; weather in Seattle had just started drying out and it was the first balmy day 70's that we had. No one came. I got 4 orders (enough for a show!) online, though. :cool: summertime!

Finally, I figured I had nothing to lose, and took 40 regular PC invites around, to which I added "bring this card for $5 cash to spend at the show, $10 for you if you bring a friend" and I had 35 people in my tiny house! My first true success. Most of their orders I put on with the host, so the $5 didn't cost me but about $3.75 per person, and for about $40, I had a $810 show. :D

Be creative. I heard on a coaching call this morning from Cindy Langford, "There are only 2 rules in Pampered Chef: Have Fun, and Be Nice!" :)

Good luck - I hope you can vault to my 4th show and beyond... be sure to give folks enough notice, and give as much incentive as you can afford - you will be amazed at what you get back. :p

Scott,
Thank you VERY much for the great info (giggles too). I think I am going to do what you did and offer an incentive to come. A neighbor of mine hosted an open house at her home for me last year and we were so excited. We invited nearly everyone in our development (about 70 houses) I hauled all my things to her house (by wagon, thank goodness it was close!) and set up. We both were very excited. THREE people came! It was a bust! She didn't even have enough in sales to get her half priced cookware. She begged people at work and they helped her get the half price item. I felt bad and she felt bad for me. Ha!
I am going to send out evites AND go door to door with invites. I may tell them if they bring a guest I will give them something...hmmm. Not sure what yet.
Thanks for your advice. I will have to post something if and when I hold the show. Wish me luck.
Thanks again!
Lisa

kitchen demosI did present recipes at all the open houses. One of them (3rd one where 1 guy came) I showed the demo video with the celebrations recipes and made the Thai Chicken Salad.

and...sorry, I just reread your questions...

Yes, I had the new products for folks to preview. It was the 2nd one where I showed the videos (and had way too much food :confused: ) for the 1 customer and I. My wife and I had snacks for 4 days!

Thanks!Thanks Scott!
The video idea is great. I think I might use that...maybe I will have it playing throughout or maybe get the "I'm Glad you asked" video to have playing. Hmm?
Take care.
Lisa

1. How do I get my neighbors interested in attending a kitchen show?

To generate interest in your kitchen show, consider sending out invitations or flyers to your neighbors, posting about it on social media, or personally inviting them by knocking on their doors. You could also offer incentives, such as free products or discounts, for attending the show.

2. What types of products will be featured at the kitchen show?

Our kitchen shows feature a variety of high-quality kitchen tools and gadgets from Pampered Chef. This includes cookware, bakeware, knives, and other kitchen essentials. We also offer exclusive products that are only available at our kitchen shows.

3. Can I earn free products by hosting a neighborhood kitchen show?

Yes, as a host of a Pampered Chef kitchen show, you can earn free products and discounts based on the total sales from your show. The more your guests purchase, the more rewards you can receive. You can also earn extra rewards by booking future shows from your kitchen show.

4. What are the benefits of attending a neighborhood kitchen show?

Attending a neighborhood kitchen show is a great opportunity to learn about new and innovative kitchen products, as well as how to use them effectively in your own cooking. It's also a fun and interactive way to socialize with your neighbors and possibly earn free products or discounts on purchases.

5. Can I bring a friend to the neighborhood kitchen show?

Absolutely! The more, the merrier. Bringing a friend to the kitchen show is a great way to introduce them to Pampered Chef and our products. Plus, you can earn additional rewards for each guest that makes a purchase at the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• EmilyStraw
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
vminaudo
  • JWorks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • breannat