• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for Guest Get to Know You Games?

C
cookingabcs
I have a show coming up and the hostess has lots of neighbors coming that don't know eachother.

Anyone have suggestions for actual guest get to know you games?

Thanks for the help.:D

What about "get to know you" BINGO? Make up bingo sheets, in each square write something like... "Owns a peice of stonware" ..... "hates to cook"..... "loves to bake".... "working mother"..... etc. Each guest has to got around and find another guest who qualifies for each square. The squares could be related to PC / cooking /etc. or they could be other things like "has travelled overseas" / "has more than 3 kids" / "favourite colour is orange" .

Just a thought.

You can make up categories that the guests will fit in (preferably that promote The Pampered Chef) and allow 10 or 15 minutes for people to try to meet others who fit the category and have them sign their sheet. This is like a scavenger hunt, but the goal is to get people to find out something about the others there. Choices like "Find someone who... loves to cook...hates to cook...is a stay-at-home mom...has at least three kids...is a grandparent...loves to travel...owns a Pampered Chef Food Chopper...has never been to a Pampered Chef Party before...has hosted a Pampered Chef Party before" etc. Categories like loving to travel or being a grandparent allow the guests to get to know the neighbor while helping you identify who could be a good recruit or host. If your host knows her neighbors well, she could put down some categories where she knows only one person there will be able to sign, like "has twins" or "has traveled to Egypt." I wouldn't do PC exclusive choices because she wants them to mingle and get to know each other, but "has a kid in college" gives you avenues to pursue with kitchen ideas for the dorm, part-time work for the student or parent, etc, so think about categories that will help accomplish both goals.

PieChef is apparently on the same page as me! I hit post and saw both of our responses. You can do it either way, bingo requires more work since you want to re-arrange the categories on different sheets of paper.

Hello there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have had the pleasure of hosting many shows with guests who don't know each other. One game that has always been a hit is the "Two Truths and a Lie" game. Each guest takes turns sharing two true statements and one false statement about themselves, and the others have to guess which one is the lie. It's a fun way to learn interesting facts about each other and spark conversation. Another idea is to have guests write down a unique fact about themselves on a slip of paper, and then have everyone try to match the fact to the correct person. This game is a great icebreaker and allows guests to learn more about each other. I hope these suggestions help, and best of luck with your upcoming show!

Related to Need Ideas for Guest Get to Know You Games?

1. What are some fun and interactive games that can help guests get to know each other?

There are many options for games that can help guests get to know each other. One idea is to have everyone write down a unique fact about themselves on a piece of paper, and then have other guests try to guess which fact belongs to which person. Another option is to have guests pair up and take turns sharing three interesting facts about themselves, with the other person trying to remember and repeat the facts afterwards. Charades or Pictionary can also be great icebreakers for groups of people who don't know each other well.

2. How can I ensure that the games are inclusive and make everyone feel comfortable?

It's important to choose games that are inclusive and don't require any specific skills or abilities. Avoid games that may put people on the spot or make them feel embarrassed. Also, consider the diversity of your guests and make sure the games are culturally sensitive. It's always a good idea to have a few different game options so that everyone can participate in something they feel comfortable with.

3. Are there any games that are specifically designed for getting to know new people?

Yes, there are many games that are specifically designed for breaking the ice and getting to know new people. One popular game is called "Two Truths and a Lie," where each person shares three statements about themselves, and the others have to guess which statement is the lie. Another game is "Never Have I Ever," where players take turns sharing things they have never done, and those who have done it must take a sip of their drink. These games can be a fun way to learn interesting facts about others.

4. How can I make the games more interactive and engaging?

To make the games more interactive, you can add a competitive element by keeping score or awarding small prizes to the winners. You can also encourage guests to get up and move around, such as in a game of musical chairs or a scavenger hunt. Additionally, incorporating props or costumes can make the games more entertaining and encourage guests to let loose and have fun.

5. Can you suggest any games that are suitable for larger groups?

For larger groups, it's best to choose games that involve everyone at the same time. One idea is to have a group storytelling game where each person adds a sentence to a story, creating a funny and collaborative tale. Another option is to have a group trivia game where guests can work together to answer questions and learn interesting facts about each other. Charades or other group games can also be modified to accommodate larger groups by dividing into teams and taking turns playing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sara Dawn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sara Dawn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies