• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Host from Hell Party Suggestions? Get Help Here! | $15 Credit Dilemma

not me. I would not mail him anything. I would submit it when you said you were going to. I'll consider that John. Thanks.I meant Dave was being nice, John.... not me.
RMDave
Gold Member
The Host from Hell from my Worst Party Ever refuses to return my telephone calls and/or emails. His last email on Saturday asked how much "free stuff" he'd earned.

I pointed out that as of that moment, his show hadn't even brought in the required $150 to close if but when it does, he'll have $15 to spend.

No response.

NONE!

On Monday I left him a message that I'd managed to include a few individual orders as part of his show and I'd like to close the show by 6 p.m. on Wednesday. I need to know what he wants for his $15 credit.

No response.

NONE!

Today's telephone message informed him that I'd close the show at 6 p.m. and that if I didn't hear back from him as to what he'd wanted, I'd select something on my own.

That isn't really true. I want some suggestions as to what might be a good choice for his $15.

Anybody out there have a brilliant idea?

(I'd originally thought of sending him a $15 gift certificate, but the SC said that hosts can't buy gift certs as part of their free items.)

So once again ... any great suggestions?

Thanks,

D
the cranky, grumpy, grouchy (yet adorable) one

Too bad PC doesn't sell books on etiquette, and teach him some manners on returning phone calls.

That said, how about a green tomato/utility knife? Just on the nose at $15.00 even, and most people I know just love 'em. I use the hell out of mine.

You never fail to make me smile :)...but... you know that no matter what you do for this host you can't win or make them happy...soooooo maybe pick something and mail it to them with a nice thank you

vgibsonrn said:
You never fail to make me smile :)...but... you know that no matter what you do for this host you can't win or make them happy...soooooo maybe pick something and mail it to them with a nice thank you

His show actually closed so he'll get it from PC via FedEx. Its a lose, lose situation.

BadGirl said:
Too bad PC doesn't sell books on etiquette, and teach him some manners on returning phone calls.

I totally agree.

BadGirl said:
That said, how about a green tomato/utility knife? Just on the nose at $15.00 even, and most people I know just love 'em. I use the hell out of mine.

Good idea. Anybody else?

Honestly, if possible, pick out something you want, have everything shipped to you and take out whatever it was and get him the orders he did turn in only. He technically did not earn it nor did he give you the courtesy of keeping in touch so heck with him!

Wow, you're nice. i wouldn't even mail him anything AND I'd submit it when you said you were going to.

I'll consider that John. Thanks.

I agree with John. With all you went through, you deserve to get something out of it. And, like John said, he didn't really earn the FPV is you added orders to get it to $150.

I am not being nice! Put the show in when you said you would. I have to assume that you did the party at that host's home? I can't remember the entire thing. But no, he did not earn that in any way or shape or form! He did not cooperate, he did not communicate. TOUGH SI@*!!! I would however use his name so he gets 10% off. That is it! You would obviously need to take the orders he actually got to him so he could them to his guests but... He did not earn the right of a bonus of any kind.

Sorry this is coming from a consultant that had a host like this. Kept postponing the close, never called. She finally did. Then she turned around and told everyone we both knew that I leave parties open forever so you really do not have to worry about closing on time or getting anything because I goofed and gave her the host bonus she had been working toward and I kept the one for the actual month we closed. I had a heck of time reversing that stinking thinking in future hosts down there!

pampered1224 said:
I am not being nice! Put the show in when you said you would. I have to assume that you did the party at that host's home? I can't remember the entire thing. But no, he did not earn that in any way or shape or form! He did not cooperate, he did not communicate. TOUGH SI@*!!! I would however use his name so he gets 10% off. That is it! You would obviously need to take the orders he actually got to him so he could them to his guests but... He did not earn the right of a bonus of any kind.

I meant Dave was being nice, John. Not you. The thought of sending him something wouldn't have even crossed my mind.

I agree with John and the others. I'd put that show in my own name- MAYBE in his name so he gets the 10% for future orders for his trouble, but the FPV- no way. If he didn't collect at least half of the orders you did get, plus with all you ended up doing at that "show"..... I'm really surprised Dave that you are being so nice to him. ;) I think most of us have probably been there at least once (or will)....mine was last fall. She had $40 in orders or so- but the 'show' was supposed to be at her office and I basically got kicked out by the HR person because the host didn't do her homework.

esavvymom said:
I'm really surprised Dave that you are being so nice to him. ;) .

I know. This is not the Dave B. that I know! (B does not stand for Barton) ;)

I would ship the order to me. Meanwhile i would call his guests that at such and such date the products will be delivered to hosts house and they are welcome to pick up from there. Or if they prefer (and you are good with it) meet them somewhere at your convenience and deliver those products yourself.
After this situation i would not trust the host to do anything.

On the FPV I would not get a knife(IMO), just in case he wants to use it ..., but get a QSP or a micro cooker. Or maybe something else but nothing sharp.

I had this happen back in April. The host ended up texting me to close out her show. I added a couple of orders to it that were direct ship to make it $150. I had her orders sent to her and put in a sheet pan for her free item. LM for her again letting her know what I did and to let me know if it was OK or if she'd like to exchange it for something else we could. Never have heard back from her. Funny thing was she is a former consultant and had expressed interest in signing up again. Just have to assume that they are going through a life trauma and PC isn't priority for them.

Thanks for everybody's input. And the "B" stands for more things than I can even imagine.The host is a loser ... AND a professor of Communications at a local college. I guess it just proves the old saying: "Those who can, do. Those who can't do, teach!"No insult to anybody here .. unless you also are a professor at the College of the Desert.

So what did you decide to do Dave? For what it's worth, I've been there done that and kept the FPV for myself and delivered the orders to the two guests. Done nice and neat with no more BS from host and never heard from her again. Now that I think of it, I've done it more than once LOL :)

when I read the tite of this thread I thought you were talking about the drunk guy - lol!

"Those who can, do. Those who can't do, teach!"- My hubby ALWAYS says that. I agree with the rest tho John, KEEP the free products!

kcjodih said:
So what did you decide to do Dave? For what it's worth, I've been there done that and kept the FPV for myself and delivered the orders to the two guests. Done nice and neat with no more BS from host and never heard from her again. Now that I think of it, I've done it more than once LOL :)

The host from hell is a buddy of a neighbor's ... I'll process the show and give him the tomato knife. I hope to neither hear nor see this turkey again.

Well, not to play the Devil's advocate here....but it's only been 3 days??? You know, there ARE reasons that he might not have called....I had a host that didn't return calls for several days, I did they old "I'll be there at 5:00 with the food" call and it turned out that she had been in an auto accident and was hospitalized. I felt terrible. So, that said, it never hurts to err on the side of courtesy and double check to make sure everything is ok--makes you out to be the hero. Call one of the guests you know that knows him well to verify that he's ok "I've been trying to reach_______ for a couple of days so that I can get this order processed and your products to you in timely manner--haven't been able to reach him, do you know if everything is ok?". This will prove valuable for multiple reasons:
1) you sound much more professional
2) if there IS something wrong, you are sounding concerned
3) your customers know that it's not YOUR fault the show is not submitted yet

It's so hard in this business to take the high road when someone pisses you off. But that's what separates us from just ANY other salesperson. That said, if you still don't hear 2-3 days from now after you've done that, submit the show, have it shipped to you and keep the FPV for yourself. But let him know both by phone AND email that you couldn't get hold of him, so for secrurity purposes (i.e. you didn't want a show shipped and sitting on his doorstep in case he wasn't home) you had it shipped to you, you will notify him when the products arrive. Thank him again for the business. And then bless and release.

Well ... given that you know he's not dead or dealing with a family emergency, I agree with giving him the tomato knife. I use mine all the time. If he does not like it, he can exchange it for something else, and the solution center will let him use his discount on the difference.

Ok, that makes more sense. Some people have a bachelor's degree in jerkology and you just have to move on. I'd keep the knife for myself, personally, if you added an order.

Dave, I'd love to hear if your host ends up being like mine, and contacts you a MONTH after the show was closed (and my host knew it was, because I gave him the product to deliver - yes, I put the show in my name, kept the FPV, and had it shipped to me), to ask if it's too late to order his free product! Since my host works with me, I knew he wasn't dealing with any emergencies or other issues. Like someone posted here, and it's been said before - PC is not usually a priority for the hosts or guests - unless they really want to take advantage of a special. I'm sorry you're dealing with this, and am glad to know the whole scenario is almost over for you. Now, to go and read the original thread!

pampchefsarah said:
Now, to go and read the original thread!

I did, Sarah. Thanks for the kind words. I just can't handle keeping the knife for myself. He's the type who would call the Solution Center and tell them I was unprofessional or stalking him.

Oy

RMDave said:
I did, Sarah. Thanks for the kind words. I just can't handle keeping the knife for myself. He's the type who would call the Solution Center and tell them I was unprofessional or stalking him.

Oy

Call Career Solutions and have them document your side of the story on the show - that way if he ever does call, HO already knows what's going on.

I'll do that Linda.

I was just going to say you need to be VERY careful about keeping FPV for yourself, even if you are the one who added all the orders. I had someone who I THOUGHT was a friend, host a show for me. Her show ended up being about $600, I had orders from my family that added another $300 so I told her instead of putting it in as my moms show, I would just add those orders to her show so she could get more FP. She would not contact me about what she wanted FOREVER, it ended up going into the next month, and because so many people ordered the GS, I ended up paying for their GS's and getting stuck with that month's GS's. Then my "friend" called PC saying she had a $1,000.00 show and I didn't give her all her hostess benefits and could she add them then!!! I had given her copies of the receipts to give to the guests when they picked up their products from her, and then she had the e-mail from me saying I added $300 in orders, what she didn't know was FPV is calculated BEFORE shipping and tax!!! Did she contact me, of course not, just called PC saying I didn't give her all her FP, I found out when PC called me saying I had a complaint from a hostess. I was lost about what was going on, so I told them I would call her to see where she got her figures from, she told me from the receipts totals. I then had to explain how the benefits worked (I was so mad!!!) Then I called PC back and explained, they were fine about the whole thing, they were just as confused as me but said I needed to clear things up with her. I tell this whole story to say, you never know who is going to call PC, so be careful about FPV, I didn't even take what I think I should have been entitled to, because I was the one who added those orders to up her FPV, I gave it all to her and here she was not at all thankful!!

Thanks, Mom. The entire fiasco is well documented.

To echo a number of posts...
If a host does not have enough orders to make a show, I would never give them any FPV. Period.
The only thing I will do is if the host orders enough to make it a show (which is usually what happens), then I will work out the math to their best advantage (use as much of their order as a guest order to bring it up to the minimum, and then put the rest in as host order so they get the free product and discount).
Otherwise, if I'm looking for orders of my own - I ship it to me (since some of the orders I'll have to deliver anyway), and I get the free product to make up for my trouble. It's not much, but I've gotten some small items that I needed this way.So sorry you had to go through this Dave!! :(
You were way too nice to offer free product... will you have to go and pick up the orders from the host that you had added? Ouch...

cheflorraine said:
So sorry you had to go through this Dave!! :(
You were way too nice to offer free product... will you have to go and pick up the orders from the host that you had added? Ouch...

The one person who ordered from the host is actually a neighbor of mine. I've asked him to deliver the additional items to me when he delivers the purchased merchandise to my neighbor. Who knows if he'll do it or if I'll have to wrestle the stuff out of his hands.

1. What should I do if my host from hell is not responding to my calls and emails?

If your host from hell is not responding to your attempts to contact them, try reaching out through different channels. If they still do not respond, you may need to close the show without their input.

2. How much free stuff does the host from hell earn?

The host from hell will earn $15 in free products if the show reaches the required $150 in sales. However, if the show does not reach this amount, they will not earn any free products.

3. Can I select something on my own for the host from hell's $15 credit?

Yes, if you do not hear back from the host from hell and need to close the show, you can select something on your own for their $15 credit. However, it is always best to try and get their input before making a decision.

4. Can I give the host from hell a gift certificate as their free item?

No, hosts are not able to use their free item credit towards purchasing gift certificates.

5. Do you have any suggestions for what I can choose for the host from hell's $15 credit?

It ultimately depends on the host's preferences, but some popular choices for $15 credits include kitchen tools, cookware, or bakeware. You can also consider offering a selection of smaller items that add up to $15 or a discounted product from the current catalog. It may also be helpful to reach out to other consultants or your upline for suggestions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
RMDave