• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help - Health Resource Fair

EVER received a complaint of sick kids. We also offer water, juice, milk, or soda. Take a break from the junk food and offer some healthy alternatives. Thanks for the suggestion! I will be bringing a variety of fruit and a water bottle.Good evening all.I just found out I need to man a table at a Heath Fair at a local elementary school on Saturday. I am going to bring my ACPS and slice apples for samples and will talk about how eating health is essential for school children and cooking health meals at home is cheaper, better, quicker and easier that Fast Food all the time. But, this is so last minute that I could really use some of all your great ideas.
Sk8Mom209
Gold Member
Good evening all.

I just found out I need to man a table at a Heath Fair at a local elementary school on Saturday.

I am going to bring my ACPS and slice apples for samples and will talk about how eating health is essential for school children and cooking health meals at home is cheaper, better, quicker and easier that Fast Food all the time.

But, this is so last minute that I could really use some of all your great ideas. Suggestions on products to focus on, etc.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Maybe offer free recipes from the It's Good For You cookbook? I would push the whole "healthy meals, healthy family" thing and get some bookings by offering healthy freezer meals for busy families. What you already have about cheaper, better quicker is really good, you just need to find a vehicle to get the info to people so you don't have to say the same thing a million times for them to forget later...

Gillian,

Thanks for the ideas!

What about bringing the creative cutters and talking about how when kids are involved in the making of fun, healthy snacks they are more likely to eat and enjoy those fun, healthy snacks (ants on a log anyone or stars of cheese on apple slices...)

Take the cookware and talk about not having to use that much oil and the kitchen spritzer.

Ann R.

GourmetGirl said:
What about bringing the creative cutters and talking about how when kids are involved in the making of fun, healthy snacks they are more likely to eat and enjoy those fun, healthy snacks (ants on a log anyone or stars of cheese on apple slices...)

What are Ants on a Log?

Spread peanut butter on a piece of celery and add raisons to the tops as "ants".

gilliandanielle said:
Spread peanut butter on a piece of celery and add raisons to the tops as "ants".

Use the Easy Accent Decorator with the wide tip to fill the celery with the peanut butter.

Wash all the celery before hand and you can demonstrate filling the celery and then use the Pizza Cutter or one of the knives or the crinkle cutter to cut the celery into smaller "logs" for the kirs to eat.

It you have a cut and seal you could also demonstrate that.

;)

I'd also have a bunch of mini-catalogs to pass out and flyers on fundraisers (and make sure to talk to the PTA about doing a fundraiser).

I wouldn't do anything with peanuts - too many allergies in a school setting.

beepampered said:
I wouldn't do anything with peanuts - too many allergies in a school setting.

Good point. This could possibly be done with cream cream cheese or even a tofuti fake cream cheese.

mmmm.... my favorite snack at Grandma's house as a kid was stuffed celery. She'd mix cream cheese with chopped green olives and pipe that into celery sticks.

You could use cream cheese mixed with shredded cheddar (like a homemade cheeseball), in celery, with raisins on top.

Info on Healthy Kid MealsI have used this flyer at a Baby Fair. I adapted it from info that I got from The South Beach Diet.

I remember ordering greasy french fries with gravy from the high school cafeteria when I was younger. Now that my oldest has started Elementary school I want to nip the junk food addiction right in the bud.

Thanks, Linda

Attachments

• Raising Healthy Kids.doc
    33.5 KB · Views: 473
You can also let them all know how great stoneware is to cook with, nothing needed to spray

Kathy

Thanks for the great advice everyone! Linda I love the flyer - head to Staples now to mass produce!

In addition to the apple slices, I think I might bring some Ants on a Log (with cream cheese filling).

Thanks again everyone. I knew you'd all bail me out.

adventurechef said:
I have used this flyer at a Baby Fair. I adapted it from info that I got from The South Beach Diet.

I remember ordering greasy french fries with gravy from the high school cafeteria when I was younger. Now that my oldest has started Elementary school I want to nip the junk food addiction right in the bud.

Thanks, Linda

I read this flyer and the information on packing a lunch is great. As a school lunch director I see parents packing the wrong foods. Junk food is more prevalent in packed lunches. Financially we are not doing well because I refuse to sell junk food until the older ages. Even then, we try to keep things like pretzels and baked chips on hand. They are growing in popularity.

Until the US reimburses us more for meals, we can not afford to add more protien to the menu. We have 2 to 3 oz. in each meal.

In my 18 years there we have never fried any food. We offer fresh or canned fruit everyday. NONE of our milks are over 1% fat. We do not put out butter. This year we switched about 90% of our bread products to whole wheat. We will continue to add more products like this. We rarely add on bonuses except for a holiday (like a seasonal cookie, etc.).

Not sure how it is in Canada, but in the US each school district is required by Federal Law to have a Wellness committee. It has been great because now the candy fundraisers and the bake sales are starting to be reduced. It angers me how it is a good example to sell junk food to raise funds, but many would have a fit and target one part of the menu.

Talk to your school lunch director. I think you will find better results with this person than an administrator. The lunch director plans the menus and knows what is affordable and what fits in with the federal and state regulations.

I know years ago I looked into Canada's school meal program and I guess it was not federally run. Not sure if things have changed.

Unfortunately, most (not all) of the meals that come from home have more junk in them. I have seen "lunchables"...my son liked them too, but if the cost doesn't scare you...the nutrition label will !!! They are more like junkables.

Sorry to babble!!!

1. What is the "Need Help - Health Resource Fair" event?

The "Need Help - Health Resource Fair" is an annual event organized by Pampered Chef to provide resources and information on maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It features various health and wellness vendors, demonstrations, and workshops.

2. When and where is the "Need Help - Health Resource Fair" held?

The event is typically held in the spring at a central location in the community. The specific date and location can be found on our website or by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant.

3. Is there a cost to attend the "Need Help - Health Resource Fair"?

No, the event is free for all attendees. However, some vendors may offer products or services for purchase.

4. Can I bring my children to the "Need Help - Health Resource Fair"?

Yes, the event is family-friendly and there are activities specifically for children. However, we recommend that younger children be supervised by an adult at all times.

5. How can I become a vendor at the "Need Help - Health Resource Fair"?

If you are interested in becoming a vendor, please contact our event coordinator at [email address/phone number]. We are always looking for new and innovative health and wellness businesses to participate in our event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kreaser
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • chefmom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefmom
  • allisonserna