• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help Fast - Steaming Veggies

In summary, to steam vegetables using Pampered Chef products, you can use the Microwave Steamer or the Large Micro-Cooker. You can also steam frozen vegetables by following the same instructions but increasing the cooking time. Steaming is considered a healthier cooking method as it helps retain nutrients and natural flavors. To prevent vegetables from getting too soft, do not overcook and check for doneness before removing. You can also add seasonings or sauces while steaming for added flavor.
KYCHEF
I know this sounds silly, but I have a host that wants to steam some veggies tonight in one of the micro cookers. I have done it at home and just used fresh vegs and butter but was wondering if anyone knows how long they should be placed in the mocrowave etc. Please help!! Thanks

I know for frozen broccli, it's about 6-7 minutes (according to the package). For fresh, I would think it would be less, but I could be totally wrong.

I use it everyday for steaming vegetables for our dinner. It does depend on the food, but it should be around 4 - 7 minutes or so. I've done baby carrots, broccoli, green beans, zucchini, corn... Start at 4 minutes or so and check. Stir them up and pierce with a fork to see if it needs more time. Frozen vegetables are about the same too.

Thank You Guys!!

Hi there! Don't worry, it's not silly at all! Steaming veggies in the Micro Cooker is actually a great idea. To get the best results, I recommend using about 1/4 cup of water and microwaving for 2-4 minutes, depending on the type of vegetable and your desired level of doneness. You can also add some herbs or seasonings for extra flavor. Let me know if you have any other questions, happy cooking!

1. How do I steam vegetables using Pampered Chef products?

To steam vegetables using Pampered Chef products, you can use the Microwave Steamer or the Large Micro-Cooker. Simply place the vegetables in the steamer or cooker, add a small amount of water, and microwave for the recommended time based on the type of vegetable. The steamer and cooker come with a handy guide for cooking times.

2. Can I steam frozen vegetables with Pampered Chef products?

Yes, you can steam frozen vegetables using Pampered Chef products. Follow the same instructions as steaming fresh vegetables, but increase the cooking time by a few minutes to ensure the frozen vegetables are fully cooked.

3. Is steaming vegetables healthier than other cooking methods?

Steaming vegetables is considered one of the healthiest cooking methods as it helps retain the nutrients and natural flavors of the vegetables. It also requires little or no added oil, making it a healthier alternative to frying or sautéing.

4. How do I prevent vegetables from getting too soft when steaming?

To prevent vegetables from getting too soft when steaming, make sure to not overcook them. Follow the recommended cooking times for each type of vegetable and check for doneness before removing them from the steamer or cooker. You can also stop the cooking process by running the steamed vegetables under cold water.

5. Can I add seasonings or sauces while steaming vegetables?

Yes, you can add seasonings or sauces to your vegetables while steaming them with Pampered Chef products. Simply sprinkle the seasonings over the vegetables before steaming or add the sauce to the water in the steamer or cooker. This will infuse the vegetables with additional flavor while they steam.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ckeeling
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99
  • Jennie4PC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • heat123