• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help - Bni 30 Second Commercial

In summary, Kate is going to a BNI lunch meeting tomorrow where she will get to introduce herself to about 50 other small business owners and get to pass out business cards. She has a few 30 second commercials she likes (meal time medic and what she can do for you) but those seem more like they are for shows. She wants to be business-like, not home-party-like, so she is thinking of something to say in 30 seconds to get people interested. She is hoping for fabulous ideas on here when she wakes up in the morning!
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
Okay, tomorrow I am going to a BNI lunch meeting where I get to introduce myself to about 50 other small business owners and get to pass out business cards. I have a few 30 second commercials I like (meal time medic and what I can do for you) but those seem more like they are for shows. What can I say in 30 seconds to a group of business people to get them interested in me and PC?????

I see that some people have viewed this...no ideas?

Hmmm....I have barely figured out my own commerical!

What is your goal with this group?

I want to get people interested in me enough to host/purchase/or refer me to people. However, I want to be business-like, not home-party-like...does that make sense?

Okay, I'm going to bed now....I'm really hoping there will be fabulous ideas on here when I get up in the morning!!!! Thanks in advance!

Kate, I will think on it!

I'm going to watch tv and put some host packets together. :)

oh yeah, and eat some brownies, too. :):)

I always bring one or two products with me to my BNI meeting. Last week I brought the new round platter, then proceeded to have it fall out of the box in the parking lot. Which led me to my 30 sec commercial that day... Pampered Chef has a great guarantee on all it's products!

I keep my commercials fun. It may not be very professional, but I want people to be thinking about me after they leave the meeting. That way they can keep me in their thoughts as they run into people during their days. Tomorrow, since spring is coming, it's about letting people know that we have great BBQ tools. Reminding them that they can purchase, but why purchase when they can get them for free.

When all else fails, I bring my Bay Watch line of products... the spatula's and the silcone coated whisks..... Skinny on the bottom, and silcone on the top!

Good luck.

a commercial? is this like a small business presentation? what is BNI? i'm over here in la la land and i obviously am not satying on top of things very well. ha ha.

Sorry, I can't help...I'm having trouble perfecting my show commercial!!! :eek:

PamperChefCarol said:
I always bring one or two products with me to my BNI meeting. Last week I brought the new round platter, then proceeded to have it fall out of the box in the parking lot. Which led me to my 30 sec commercial that day... Pampered Chef has a great guarantee on all it's products!

I keep my commercials fun. It may not be very professional, but I want people to be thinking about me after they leave the meeting. That way they can keep me in their thoughts as they run into people during their days. Tomorrow, since spring is coming, it's about letting people know that we have great BBQ tools. Reminding them that they can purchase, but why purchase when they can get them for free.

When all else fails, I bring my Bay Watch line of products... the spatula's and the silcone coated whisks..... Skinny on the bottom, and silcone on the top!

Good luck.

I will bring a few products. The reason I want to sound "professional" is that this is the first time I am going and I wanted to start off well. Also, when I don't think professional, I can sound goofy. I think I might introduce myself and then do the mealtime medic commercial and then tell them that we have new products out this month. I'm planning on bringing mini-catalogs as well as business cards. Hopefully I can drum up some orders because all of my shows from the 1-15 "rescheduled" - ugh!

Kate,

Can you work in something about how you are an entrepreneur and you have a team of xx consultants that you coach and train?

DebbieJ said:
Kate,

Can you work in something about how you are an entrepreneur and you have a team of xx consultants that you coach and train?

When I belonged to a BNI group - I wasn't allowed to say anything about recruiting or joining my team.....that's why I didn't renew my membership!:(

Okay someone... define BNI for those of us in the dark here... and Kate... will you post your mealtime medic commercial???? I have pondered this a bit... be yourself! If that's a bit on the silly side... work that to the best of your ability... I can see wanting to be professional... but if your are stuffy... that's all they will remember... I'm guessing stuffy isn't in your personality! :)
Have FUN... iimagine them in their underwear if you are nervous and speak from your heart about what you love about PC... making your own schedule, great company, great support network... all those perks we know and love... this may be way off what you are looking for and I know they are the basics.. just some ideas

BNI is a small business networking group. Its a good organization.

I would definately bring a few products. I might try saying something like: I'm here to tell you a little about my business... I am in the direct sales industry with a wonderful company, TPC, where we sell cookware, bakeware kitchen utensils, and entertaining pieces. While we primarily do business through in home demonstrations, I am finding that businesses are looking to us for great gift items for employees and customers. We offer some great gift packages. A little known fact is that you no longer have to attend a party to purchase your favorite products. You can shop on my website or just call me directly to place an order. I am passing around a few of our most popular products now. Feel free to ask me any questions or give me feedback that I can take back to my company. Currently, I am trying to develop my business in the ___ area/market and would appreciate some referrals. And, if you happen to know anyone looking for a part time or full time income, I would be happy to share more on that with you.

Hope that gives you something to work with...

WOW!!!!!!!!1 Way to go Anne!!!!!!!!!!!

At our regional training, Julie said something along these lines:

I'm working towards my MBA in the field of Edutainment with The Pampered Chef. No, I'm not back in college. The MBA I'm working toward is my Massive Bank Account. Never heard of edutainment? It's the use of entertainment to educate people about the ways our cooking tools can save them time and money. You see, part of our goal is to bring families back to the dinner table. I'd love chance to tell you more.

This is more of my version than an actual quote. Those of you who were at the training probably barely recognize it.

Cute...now you have me looking into BNI around here...there isn't anything TOO close, maybe I'll have to start my own chapter...though I don't know what exactly it is...

when I read that, it didn't sound so nice...I meant that was a cute commercial, Anne! I didn't mean it like I think it sounded...

BNI is an excellent way to grow your business. They believe in "giver's Gain"! By helping other businesses to grow, your business will grow too with their help! I use my BNI chapter to promote shows tot he members and I always get 1-2 individual orders per week from my members. They all have committed to each hosting at least one party with their friends and neighbors each year.

I'm reading the requirements for participation and it says this:All participants must represent their primary occupation, not a part-time business.For those of us who do have a "primary" occupation that isn't PC, can we join?

Related to Need Help - Bni 30 Second Commercial

What is a BNI 30 second commercial?

A BNI 30 second commercial is a short speech that you give during a BNI meeting to introduce yourself and your business to other members. It should highlight your unique selling proposition and encourage other members to refer business to you.

How do I create a successful BNI 30 second commercial?

To create a successful BNI 30 second commercial, you should focus on being concise, memorable, and engaging. Keep it short and to the point, and make sure to include a call to action. Practice and refine your commercial to make it stand out and leave a lasting impression on other members.

What should I include in my BNI 30 second commercial?

In your BNI 30 second commercial, you should include your name, your business name, and a brief description of what you do. You can also mention your target audience, any unique products or services you offer, and a success story or testimonial. Remember to end with a call to action, such as asking for specific referrals or inviting other members to connect with you.

How often should I update my BNI 30 second commercial?

It is recommended to update your BNI 30 second commercial every six months to keep it fresh and relevant. This allows you to showcase any new products, services, or achievements in your business. It also prevents other members from getting bored with hearing the same commercial over and over again.

Can I use visual aids in my BNI 30 second commercial?

Yes, you can use visual aids in your BNI 30 second commercial, such as a product sample, brochure, or business card. However, make sure that they enhance your commercial and do not distract or take up too much time. Remember to also bring enough for all members in attendance to avoid any conflict or exclusion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • akaskydebil
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Inomiamenda
  • StephsKitchen