1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What is YOUR "30-second commercial"?

1. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

So, in recent trainings (conference Calls and regionals), you hear about having a "30-second commercial" ready to give when someone asks "What do you do?" or something.

I was just wondering if anyone wanted to share their 'commercial'? I'm working on mine, so will share it when I figure it out myself :D

Mar 19, 2009
  2. mrssyvo

mrssyvo Veteran Member

I have a 10 sec commercial- " I am saving marriages 1 spatula at a time !!

Mar 19, 2009
  3. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

Bumping this....

I'm interested in the 30-second commercial too. Sometimes I'm caught off guard when someone spots my PC Tote.

Mar 31, 2009
  4. esavvymom

I must admit- I forgot I posted this question, and should have done my homework and had my commercial before last week. I had a lady who knew nothing about PC ask me "tell me more about it?". She's a show/recruit lead! UGH! I fumbled through it- don't remember what I said, but I'm going to try this one on for size. I 'borrowed it' directly from the "Your Life Your Way" brochure.

"I teach others to prepare delicious, budget-friendly meals, and share fun and affordable entertaining ideas."

I've got to work on it some to make it MINE, but if I at least know that much, it hopefully would keep me from sounding stupid. :D

Apr 1, 2009
  5. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

If someone mentions PC because I'm a walking billboard, I say, "Do you have a consultant who's currently meeting your needs?"

If someone has simply asked what I do for a living I say, "I'm in infotainment."

When they ask what that is, I reply, "I use entertainment to teach people how to make quick, easy, nutritious meals and snacks."

The conversation usually goes on from there.

Apr 1, 2009
  6. esavvymom

I like that!! especially the "I'm in infotainment." One of the Bookings CD's I listen to every so often the gal says "I'm an edutainer." It's short and sweet, and will definitely get their attention.

Apr 1, 2009
Have something to add?