• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Dessert Recipe for a BBQ with 40 Guests?

In summary, some easy dessert options for a group of 40 people include a fruit platter, a variety of cookies or brownies, a chocolate fountain with dipping items, and a trifle or layered cake that can be cut into smaller portions. It is recommended to plan for 1-2 servings per person when serving dessert, so for a group of 40 people, you should plan for 40-80 servings. There are many dessert options that can be made ahead of time for a group of 40 people, including no-bake desserts, frozen desserts, and make-ahead options. To save money, you can opt for budget-friendly options like homemade cookies or brownies, simple fruit platters, or desserts made with affordable ingredients.
cla519
I am trying to find a recipe for a dessert for at least 40 people for a BBQ that I was invited to at the end of July. I wasnt something that will WOW them. Any suggestions?

Profiterole Puffs. They're simple to make, but impressive. If you serve them in the Chillzanne Sectional or Rectangle server, they'll stay chilled so the cream filling doesn't go bad.

that was exactly what I was going to suggest. Cheap, easy, and impressive. of course you will need to make a double batch, that way everyone can have more than 1 and you can taste test!:D

also I use melted chocolate chps instead of the frosting because it hardens and travels better when you wrap them.
you could drizzle some on the SA Platter and set them on top, garnish w/ a few strawberry fans.

Last edited:
Great minds think alike! :D

To be extra impressive, drizzle them with caramel sauce AND hot fudge. Serve with bamboo tongs. YUM!!

And I've made them before, and then served strawberries and chocolate sauce on the side - so people can make "Puff Sundaes".

Where is this recipe?

It was in in last years S/S seasons Best (right?:eek: )

yes Ann I agree! once again, wow ! amazing!:D

Attachments

• ts06_profiterole_recipe.pdf
    672 KB · Views: 515
I agree with Ann! When i saw these before at a party I thought they were so hard to make. Little did I know they are so simple and inexpensive. I usually have most everything for them in my pantry. If I do not have the stuff for the filling, I just use instant pudding.

Thanks everyone I think that's what I'm going to do. You guys are great!!!:)

What are some easy dessert options for a group of 40 people?

Some easy dessert options for a group of 40 people include a fruit platter, a variety of cookies or brownies, a chocolate fountain with dipping items, and a trifle or layered cake that can be cut into smaller portions.

How much dessert should I plan for 40 people?

It is recommended to plan for 1-2 servings per person when serving dessert, so for a group of 40 people, you should plan for 40-80 servings. Keep in mind that some people may not want dessert or may only have a small portion, so it's always better to have a little extra.

Can I make a dessert ahead of time for a group of 40 people?

Yes, there are many dessert options that can be made ahead of time for a group of 40 people. Some examples include no-bake desserts, frozen desserts, and desserts that can be prepared the day before and refrigerated.

How can I make a dessert for 40 people without spending a lot of money?

There are many budget-friendly dessert options for a group of 40 people. You can make a large batch of homemade cookies or brownies, opt for a simple fruit platter, or make a dessert that uses affordable ingredients such as boxed cake mix or Jell-O.

What are some dessert ideas that will appeal to a variety of tastes for a group of 40 people?

For a group of 40 people, it's important to have a variety of dessert options to appeal to different tastes. Some ideas include a mix of chocolate and non-chocolate desserts, a fruit-based dessert, and a gluten-free or vegan option for those with dietary restrictions. You could also offer a dessert bar with different toppings and add-ins for guests to customize their own treats.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kmaynard
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies