• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Broiler Pan? Here's What You Need to Know

In summary, a broiler pan is a specialized cooking tool used for broiling food in the oven. It consists of a flat pan with slits for drainage and a removable rack. It is recommended to use a broiler pan for broiling as it allows for healthier and less greasy meals. Regular baking sheets are not suitable for broiling due to the high temperatures and lack of drainage. A broiler pan can also be used for other cooking methods such as roasting, baking, and grilling, but not for methods that require a lot of liquid. To clean a broiler pan, let it cool before soaking in hot, soapy water and scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge.
elizabethby
Do we have a Broiler Pan? Or any item that can be used as a broiler pan? I have a customer asking and I cannot find one....:confused:

Is she just wanting to broil small items? If so, the sheet pans are made to go under the broiler. My husband loves them. He broils a lot and we could never broil with the stone.

she wants to be able to cook like 2 hamburgers, lamg chops, etc.

She wants an actual broiler pan....

Grill Tray and Medium sheet pan can be used together under the broiler! I asked the test kitchen if the Grill Tray would be able to be used on top of the Medium Sheet Pan under the broiler. They said yes, but not to do anything that has a lot of fat that will splatter (thus causing a fire) so you could offer that solution, but perhaps not so much on the hamburgers if they are really fatty. Well maybe if you cover the grill tray with foil and then make slits then it won't splatter that much.I had a customer this spring that wanted to use it in this way and that is what the TK said. Plus it offers something that can be used multiple ways rather than JUST a broiler pan. Mara

Related to Need a Broiler Pan? Here's What You Need to Know

1. What is a broiler pan?

A broiler pan is a cooking tool that is used for broiling food in the oven. It consists of two parts - a flat, rectangular pan with slits for drainage and a removable rack that sits on top of the pan.

2. Why do I need a broiler pan?

A broiler pan is specifically designed for broiling, which involves cooking food at a high temperature directly under the heat source. The slits in the pan allow for grease and fat to drain, resulting in a healthier and less greasy meal.

3. Can I use a regular baking sheet as a broiler pan?

No, it is not recommended to use a regular baking sheet as a broiler pan. Baking sheets are not designed to withstand the high temperature and direct heat of broiling, which can result in warping or damage to the sheet. It also does not have the slits for drainage, which can cause the food to become greasy.

4. How do I clean a broiler pan?

To clean a broiler pan, let it cool completely before removing any remaining food debris. Soak the pan in hot, soapy water for a few minutes to loosen any stuck-on food. Then, use a non-abrasive scrubber or sponge to clean the pan and rack. Rinse with hot water and dry thoroughly before storing.

5. Can I use a broiler pan for other cooking methods?

Yes, a broiler pan can also be used for roasting, baking, and grilling. The slits in the pan allow for air circulation, resulting in crispy and evenly cooked food. However, it is not recommended to use it for cooking methods that require a lot of liquid, such as braising or stewing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• duffspckitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Brenda Rutko
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Maragib