• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What can I do now to prepare for National Conference 2010?

Heather, do you know if there's a certain airline that is cheaper than others? I've heard some people say that Southwest is the cheapest.There is no specific airline that is cheaper than others. However, the best way to save money on your airfare is to check online before you buy. You can often find discounted rates by using search engines.
Excellent tips, Bobbi!

Today is June 11. There are only 35 days left until the start of Wave 3!Peanuts? Granola bars? What snack helps keep you going? You might want to bring some along. With everything going on at NC, a healthy snack to boost your energy mid-morning and/or mid-afternoon may be just what you need to stay alert and get the most out of those great workshops! (Sorry. Sodas, donuts, and candy bars don't count.)

Today is June 12. There are only 34 days left until the start of Wave 3!

Rae, did you forget? I don't have any cool tips...

Nope, I didn't forget. I left early this morning. Thanks for taking care of things for me, NooraK.

Today is June 14. There are only 32 days left until the start of Wave 3!Whether you're traveling by plane, bus, or train, be sure to have your identification handy. Depending on your mode of travel, you may need to show that ID several times. You may need more than one form of ID. You will probably also need ID handy in order to check in at the hotel.

Today is June 15. There are only 31 days left until the start of Wave 3!You might want to check with the hotel (or others who have stayed at your hotel in the past) to see what amenities they offer. Some offer a hair dryer, an iron and ironing board, etc. If you're not picky about those things, you could leave yours at home. That will give you more suitcase room for your shopping spoils.

You might want to check with the hotel (or others who have stayed at your hotel in the past) to see what amenities they offer. Some offer a hair dryer,

lol, I wish I needed a hair dryer.

Today is June 16. There are only 30 days left until the start of Wave 3!

Cool tips... hmm...

Make sure you check your airline's rules and costs for checking baggage. You don't want to get caught at the airport with an extra charge you forgot about. And try to minimize the amount of things you bring with you, try to fit it into a carry on. It'll save money, and save time at the airport by not having to wait by the baggage carousel.

Only 1 month, people!Think about the toiletries you're going to bring. It can be a good investment to pick up a travel kit. You can get them fairly inexpensively ($5 to $15) at discount stores. They save space and time, since you can move everything into and out of the bathroom easily. Mine will even hang on the towel rod or the hook on the back of the bathroom door, saving precious counter space. An additional perk to these is that I can leave mine packed. The only thing I have to add is my makeup, so I’m ready to go at a moment’s notice.

Mark your checked items so you can tell yours from everyone elses. Ribbons or a bandanna works good.

Today is June 17. There are only 29 days left until the start of Wave 3!Want to make things easier on yourself while you're trying to get ready in the morning at NC? Pack your clothes in "outfits." Fold all of the clothes (slacks/skirt, top, undies, etc.) that you're planning to wear on a particular day together. Need to hang things up when you arrive? Put everything for that day on the same hanger--underthings and all. No rummaging through your suitcase when it's your turn in the bathroom.

Today is June 18. There are only 28 days left until the start of Wave 3!Remember that, when you're ready to come home, a bag of wadded up dirty laundry takes up more room than neatly folded laundry. I know it sounds weird, but fold your dirty laundry before you put it in your laundry bag. It will make it easier to get that bag zipped before you leave.

Today is June 19. There are only 27 days left until the start of Wave 3!Label each piece of your luggage, both inside and out, with your name and phone number, but not your home address. If an address is required by your transportation, try not to use your home address. Use your office address, a post office, etc., if possible. Flying? Don't forget to remove old claim checks to avoid confusion. After all, you may want to return to your last vacation spot, but do you really want your luggage to return before you do?

raebates said:
Today is June 19. There are only 27 days left until the start of Wave 3!

Label each piece of your luggage, both inside and out, with your name and phone number, but not your home address. If an address is required by your transportation, try not to use your home address. Use your office address, a post office, etc., if possible.

Flying? Don't forget to remove old claim checks to avoid confusion. After all, you may want to return to your last vacation spot, but do you really want your luggage to return before you do?

Hmmm, this has me thinking...is it possible to lose 30 lbs in 27 days?:confused::eek::D

Not without cutting off a limb.

What can I say? I've done the math. :p

ChefBeckyD said:
Hmmm, this has me thinking...is it possible to lose 30 lbs in 27 days?:confused::eek::D

I was thinking the same thing!

I just ordered my pin! I'm getting so excited - I just joined in March so this is my first convention!

Keep checking the Wave 3 section. You'll find out who to look for at your workshops and who to watch for on stage.

Today is June 21. There are only 25 days left until the start of Wave 3!Remember to pack tightly. Packing loosely wastes precious space and encourages your clothes to wrinkle. If you’re trying to leave room for things you’ll want to bring home, fill a few large zippered bags with air to take up room. The bags will fold flat when you are ready to travel home. You could even put a few of your purchases in them.

Today is June 22. There are only 24 days left until the start of Wave 3!Now that you've been reminded to pack everything tightly, don't waste any hidden space. Tuck things into your shoes, into the corners of your suitcase, etc. These are great places for socks, undies, jewelry, etc. But, on the other hand, be sure to leave an empty pocket or two in that suitcase, so you can fill it with things you may buy while in Chicago!!

Today is June 23. There are only 23 days left until the start of Wave 3!What not to take is as important as what to take. Leave the family heirlooms at home. While your hotel should be secure, theft does happen. If it's an irreplaceable piece of family history, you may want to rethink bringing it along. If you're being recognized for a special achievement, and you really want to wear great aunt Bertha's diamond-encrusted brooch, ask about the hotel safe.

Today is June 24. There are only 22 days left until the start of Wave 3!If your traveling any way other than car, make sure of the carry-on rules. I don't know about buses and trains, but airlines have strict carry-on policies. You don't want to have to leave things you've carefully packed behind. Contact your airline, train company, or bus company for their rules. Don't forget that the Transportation Security Administration has some rules in place, too. Questions? Get the answers at TSA | Transportation Security Administration | U.S. Department of Homeland Security or 866-289-9673.ETA: I can't believe no one commented on the fact that I didn't change the date or the number of days on this post. LOL! It's corrected now.

Last edited:
Hey Rae, which limb to I need to cut off for the 30lb weight loss? I'm walking the stage for the first time, so I'm hoping that it's not a leg:eek:

ChefMichele1 said:
Hey Rae, which limb to I need to cut off for the 30lb weight loss? I'm walking the stage for the first time, so I'm hoping that it's not a leg:eek:

In my case it would have to be a leg. Well, unless we could slice off my belly and booty. LOL!

Today is June 25. There are only 21 days left until the start of Wave 3! Three weeks, people!

Okay, so you have your list done. Gather together the clothes you're planning to take. Check each one carefully.

• Does anything need a good cleaning? Check carefully for spots and stains.

• Is everything in good repair? Check for dropped hems, hanging threads, and seams in need of repair.

• Do you have everything you need to complete each outfit? Don't forget any special undergarments (slips, strapless bras, etc.). [Sorry guys. I'd include any special undergarments for you men, but I just keep picturing KG, Bobby, and the guys in strapless bras. :eek:]​

You don't want to be at NC, in the process of getting ready, and realize that you've forgotten something or that something needs cleaning or repair

raebates said:
Today is June 25. There are only 21 days left until the start of Wave 3! Three weeks, people!

Okay, so you have your list done. Gather together the clothes you're planning to take. Check each one carefully.

• Does anything need a good cleaning? Check carefully for spots and stains.

• Is everything in good repair? Check for dropped hems, hanging threads, and seams in need of repair.

• Do you have everything you need to complete each outfit? Don't forget any special undergarments (slips, strapless bras, etc.). [Sorry guys. I'd include any special undergarments for you men, but I just keep picturing KG, Bobby, and the guys in strapless bras. :eek:]​

You don't want to be at NC, in the process of getting ready, and realize that you've forgotten something or that something needs cleaning or repair

I so can't wait to meet you Rae. Your posts on CS crack me up. I seriously pop on this site when I'm having a bad day just so I can get a good laugh. BTW, do you have a drycleaning/seamstress business in your past life? Most of your advise has to do with clothing:love:

You're so sweet. If we get a chance to meet I hope you're not disappointed. No , I've never owned a dry cleaning business, but I've kept several in business. ;) I have done a bit of sewing in my life, but never professionally. Many of my posts are gleaned from travel sites and personal experience. I've been in that spot where you go to put something on and it's got a stain or a rip. I hate that. And, nothing can ruin a trip faster than disappointment over what you're wearing.

raebates said:
You're so sweet. If we get a chance to meet I hope you're not disappointed.

No , I've never owned a dry cleaning business, but I've kept several in business. ;) I have done a bit of sewing in my life, but never professionally. Many of my posts are gleaned from travel sites and personal experience. I've been in that spot where you go to put something on and it's got a stain or a rip. I hate that. And, nothing can ruin a trip faster than disappointment over what you're wearing.

Like when I went to New Director Academy last month and got a grease stain on my shirt from the airplane, then dipped my sleeve in salad dressing the first night right in front of HO celebs and had to fight for the last Tide Stain Stick pen at the hotel? You mean like those kinds of things? LOL. Since conference several years ago, I always carry a travel size Wrinkle Reducer.. . that stuff really works! Beats ironing when you're working on like 5 hours of sleep!

Are you sure we aren't related? LOL! Wrinkle Release and Oxy Stain Spray are my friends. I never go anywhere without the Oxy. It doesn't leave a ring like a lot of the stain sticks & wipes, and it works well on greasy stains. The Tide sticks say right on them that they don't work on greasy stains.

raebates said:
Are you sure we aren't related? LOL! Wrinkle Release and Oxy Stain Spray are my friends. I never go anywhere without the Oxy. It doesn't leave a ring like a lot of the stain sticks & wipes, and it works well on greasy stains. The Tide sticks say right on them that they don't work on greasy stains.

What is wrinkle release?

If you are signed up for Bookings on Day one it;s with Friale Yan , I was at her house and ahe went over the whole wookshop with us ....... It is so worth thaking this workshop

She is awsome I learn so much from her
If you aren't sure who she is 2.5 Milloin dollars sold she is my up line

etteluap70PC said:
What is wrinkle release?

It's a spray you can use for cotton knits like t-shirts and polo shirts. You spray it on and tug the wrinkles out. Let it dry, and you're good to go.

Today is June 26. There are only 20 days left until the start of Wave 3! While you're checking all of your clothing to make sure it's clean and in good repair, why not see if you can eliminate an item or two. Instead of bringing different shoes for each and every outfit, can you get buy with just a couple of changes? If you're bringing sweaters or jackets in case the rooms are chilly, do you have one that will work for all three days? Remember, the less you take with you, the more room you'll have to bring stuff back.

Thanks for the tips - I will seek out Wrinkle Release and Oxy Stain spray!

Wrinkle Release is made by Downy. Once you've decided you like it, you can make your own. Mix 1 part Downy softener with 3 parts water. Put that in the Wrinkle Release bottle, shake, and use as directed. Works well. The Oxy spray is a little harder to find, but it's worth the search. Sometimes I can find it at Wal-Mart, sometimes at Target, and rarely at Kroger.

raebates said:

LOL. I would be very scared for you (or anyone else) that would be related to me! I need to try that Oxy stuff. Love the Tide stick and started with it a couple of years ago when my parents traveled to Italy and someone turned my mom onto it. Have 3 of them in multiple places for easy access. Another packing tip that I learned from the travel channel years ago is to roll your clothes rather than fold them (especially if you don't plan on hanging them up). You won't get "fold" marks. Also, usually most of us are 4-1 room at NC, suggest bringing a couple of extra hangers (especially some with clothes hooks). Another tip is that the wrinkle reducer will help get rid of "hanger nipples". Spray, rub, no more nipples!

Today is June 27. There are only 19 days left until the start of Wave 3! We’re going to have a lot of fun at NC. Remember, though, that this is a business trip. Get and keep receipts for everything. Most of your expenses will be tax-deductible. Why not label an envelope “Receipts” and bring it with you? It can help you keep track of everything. BTW, don’t forget to add the amount you tipped to your receipts.

I've been talking about making packing lists. I'm a natural-born list maker. I love lists. I keep my packing lists for recurring travel (like regional training and NC) on my computer. All I have to do when I start planning for, say, NC, is to update my list. I even have it color coded for things that I always have to take (like a toothbrush) and things that change (like specific clothing). I do realize that I'm not normal. Just today, thanks to one of the Kim Kommando newsletters, I discovered a cool site for those who find list making a bit daunting. It's Packwhiz.com - Packing list generator. It asks a few general questions. You can start from scratch (not recommended for non-listers) or generate a basic list. You can add, delete, and rearrange the items on the list. It even has a section for things to do before you leave. It's very user friendly.

I make lists but then I need a master list for all of my lists...then I lose that list. Yes, I am hopeless!!

Thanks for the wrinkle release idea...boy do I need that!:D

I was such a "newbie" at my first conference, I brought a different pair of shoes for each outfit! I soon learned!
kim

Can't wait!!!!!

Kim1711 said:
I was such a "newbie" at my first conference, I brought a different pair of shoes for each outfit! I soon learned!
kim

I would imagine that's a fairly common mistake.

Today is June 28. There are only 18 days left until the start of Wave 3! Don’t arrive at NC all frazzled. Take a good look at your schedule leading up to your departure. Have you made a realistic schedule? Be honest. Can you really get everything done in the time allotted without driving yourself insane? If not, be ruthless. Eliminate. Delegate. Do whatever it takes to make sure you get some rest and a little time with your family before you leave. You’ll get more out of NC if you aren’t exhausted.

raebates said:
Today is June 28. There are only 18 days left until the start of Wave 3!

Don’t arrive at NC all frazzled. Take a good look at your schedule leading up to your departure. Have you made a realistic schedule? Be honest. Can you really get everything done in the time allotted without driving yourself insane? If not, be ruthless. Eliminate. Delegate. Do whatever it takes to make sure you get some rest and a little time with your family before you leave. You’ll get more out of NC if you aren’t exhausted.

I would totally love a full day before I leave for NC to relax, but that's not going to happen. I am in total crazy PC woman in July, all culminating in 4 shows in 4 days the day after NC and then getting my knee replaced. Before NC (we leave on the train at 7:20 AM Wed morning) I have a show the Sunday before and another one Monday. And yes, if I can talk someone into Tuesday before NC, I will!

I will have plenty of time to rest in the hospital. Besides, what do they say, no rest for the wicked!!

Wow, Carol your my hero! I can't wait for my business to pick up like that! I only have one show booked in July! :(

Today is June 29. There are only 17 days left until the start of Wave 3!Here’s a great idea from Julie Ann Jones that I’ve used before. Take three index cards with you to each workshop. Label one “Wow! Do it now!” for things you can implement immediately. Label the second “Great idea! Do it soon,” for those ideas that will need a little planning and/or research before your start them. Label the third “Think about this.” That third card is for things that you think you’d like to do but will require a lot of planning or re-adjustment to your current way of doing things. When you’re sitting in a workshop and they give you a great idea, write it down on the appropriate card. This will make it easier to implement the ideas once you get back home. Remember, no matter how great the training if you don’t implement the ideas, you’ve wasted time and money.

Last edited:
<H2>1. What is the date of National Conference 2010?</H2><p>The date of National Conference 2010 is Thursday, March 19, 2009.</p><H2>2. How many days do we have until National Conference 2010?</H2><p>As of now, there are 119 days until National Conference 2010.</p><H2>3. How should I prepare for National Conference 2010?</H2><p>Start thinking about how many rooms you need and if you want to reserve your room through Exper. It's recommended to do it on the first day of registration to avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit. If you choose to book a non-conference hotel, you can book online and pay the full amount upfront.</p><H2>4. Can I reserve my room through Exper for National Conference 2010?</H2><p>Yes, you can reserve your room through Exper. It is recommended to do so on the first day of registration to secure your spot and avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit in order to complete your reservation.</p><H2>5. Are there any other options for booking a hotel for National Conference 2010?</H2><p>Yes, you can also book a non-conference hotel and pay the full amount upfront. This can be done online for convenience. However, it is recommended to reserve your room through Exper to ensure you are staying in a hotel with other Pampered Chef consultants and have access to conference events and amenities.</p>

1. What is the date of National Conference 2010?

The date of National Conference 2010 is Thursday, March 19, 2009.

2. How many days do we have until National Conference 2010?

As of now, there are 119 days until National Conference 2010.

3. How should I prepare for National Conference 2010?

Start thinking about how many rooms you need and if you want to reserve your room through Exper. It's recommended to do it on the first day of registration to avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit. If you choose to book a non-conference hotel, you can book online and pay the full amount upfront.

4. Can I reserve my room through Exper for National Conference 2010?

Yes, you can reserve your room through Exper. It is recommended to do so on the first day of registration to secure your spot and avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit in order to complete your reservation.

5. Are there any other options for booking a hotel for National Conference 2010?

Yes, you can also book a non-conference hotel and pay the full amount upfront. This can be done online for convenience. However, it is recommended to reserve your room through Exper to ensure you are staying in a hotel with other Pampered Chef consultants and have access to conference events and amenities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MORFIA
  • DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef