• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do part-time Pampered Chef consultants balance work and personal life?

but especially PC consultants feels this way at some point!I work full time and PC part time as well. I try to take at least one day a week off and work on packets during that time. I also try to take a day every other week to work on some other task. I find that I'm more productive when I have set office hours. I also find that I'm more productive when I have scheduled work time.I work full time and PC part time as well. I try to take at least one day a week off and work on packets during that time. I also try to take a day every other week to work on some other task. I find that I'm more productive when I have set office hours.
pkd09
Silver Member
I am doing PC part time ( have a FT job) but find myself in my office every night (that I don't have a show) for at least 2 or more hours. My husband is feeling like a PC widower I think. But I am the kind of person who needs to be organized (raised 4 kids - had to be). How do other P/T PC people keep it all together? I really want to make the cruise incentive trip for next year so I am trying to do 2 good solid shows a week. Then there is always new packets to get together, CCC, calls to future hosts, etc. Input from veteran PTers and newbies would be appreciated.

I take all my piles in to whatever room my family is in to put together host packets, fill my lap boards etc so that I'm not apart from them if I need to be doing those. Phone calling of course has to be done in a quiet place. I've only been at this for 6 months... getting off CS and getting my housework done is a bigger problem for me.

Does your husband want to go on the cruise? You could just take the money you make from PC and BUY yourself a cruise instead of trying to earn it. I'm not trying to tell you not to go for it but a happy marriage and an unstressed life is more important than a free cruise.

(We took almost the same cruise last year and it cost so little - maybe $1500 for four people and that was with taxes, travel there and tips. We left out of Jacksonville so drove there.)

I work F/T, and do PC P/T, as well as Freelancing Web Design. I am single, so I don't have little ones or a DH to worry about. I also don't do as many shows as a lot of other consultants, but I still have a lot of planning, printing, and calling to do...I feel like I do do quite a bit of work for doing it PT...

I am like JK - no kids but I do have a BF. I also have a FT job and also go to school. I do 2 maybe 3 shows max a month. I try to take at least one day a week (sometimes a Sunday morning when the BF is sleeping) and get some packets together or work on supply orders or just try to get my filing cabinet organized.

I just broke up with my BF of almost 2 years...sigh....so I should have LOTS of time, but I am trying to keep myself busy with going places (mostly my mom's) on the weekends...so I really don't have anymore time!

I work full time and PC part time too. However, February ($7k in sales) seemed like two full time jobs! I do work my business everyday, I try to take advantage of lunch hours while at my full time job to make calls. I find myself working PC before I go to work and some in the evenings too. My husband feels like a PC widower too, but he's quite a trooper.

Well... he's the (imaginary) PC widow of a PC Consultant who just got a VERY nice commission check today... that should help the grieving! :) HA! Sorry... I couldn't resist!

That's funny - he was pretty excited about the amount of my pay check. (So was I!!!!). He says I work two full time jobs - there's al ot of truth to that.

I work FT ( I work in a tax office) I work PC full time I do three to four shows a month, I general like to do shows on Thursdays. I am a full time wife, full time mom... and annn AND.... I am taking 12 Credit hours to boot!! How do I do it? I take all of my hostess packets and catalgos and ect.... bring them into the family room with my family sprall out of the floor, my husband sits on one side, my daughter on the other, I stamp he grabs outside order forms, she puts stickers on the catalogs..... I highly involve them in the buiz... they are my biggest supporters!!

I work a FT job in HR, I'm married and have a 10 month daughter at home. I'm doing anywhere from 4-7 shows a month. I haven't set office hours for myself at this point, but really think I need to. I'd probably be more productive with PC if I scheduled work time. I'm starting to feel like I have no down time just for me. I'm sure every woman feels this way from time to time; always on the go and doing for those in our lives, that we don't stop - RELAX - and do something for ourselves.

Anyone have a schedule of which nights you will work your business while at home. I'm not talking about shows...but when you make CCC's, host coach, organize, put packets together, etc... I love PC, but it's starting to control my life more than I should let it. Anyone else feel that way?

chefheather said:
Anyone have a schedule of which nights you will work your business while at home. I'm not talking about shows...but when you make CCC's, host coach, organize, put packets together, etc... I love PC, but it's starting to control my life more than I should let it. Anyone else feel that way?

That's what I'm talking about.... I just got home from a cluster meeting, and they are trying to get me to go to nationals, just not sure if I want to spend the money, invest all of my vacation time (I just took a week off in December) ....for it, esp since I am not sure how long I want to continue to do PC for.... Although, I do keep thinking in my head that maybe someday I will get better at some of these things, and they will start to come as second nature so that I can cut some time down. And I also spend a lot of money back into the products (I wanted to build my kitchen...that is why I started selling)...but I took everyone's advice and bought everything in other's names, so now I am frustrated that I can't write all of that off ....and so I actually see a lot of pocket money that I spend in to paperwork supplies....ahh, I don't know!

Heather, you and I have the same feelings except I don't have children at home any more. I am thinking about only doing shows on particular nights, then schedule a couple other nights to close shows, do follow up with hosts, CCC, assemble packets, etc. The only day, right now, I don't do any PC is Friday but I need to find another night just for me and hubby and my sanity.

I also did 7 shows last month and got a really nice check yesterday. I have 8shows scheduled for this month. I am taking next weekend off (our 27th wedding anniversary) and we are going away so that should be good. Hopefully there will be a seminar at Conference on time management that would help us.

1. Can I still be successful as a part-time Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, absolutely! In fact, many of our top-performing consultants started off as part-time and eventually transitioned to full-time. It may take a bit more dedication and organization, but it is definitely possible to have a successful Pampered Chef business while working part-time.

2. How do I balance my Pampered Chef business with my other job and personal life?

The key is to prioritize and manage your time effectively. Set specific days and times for your Pampered Chef activities and stick to them. Delegate tasks when possible and don't be afraid to say no to things that may interfere with your schedule. Remember to also take breaks and prioritize self-care to avoid burnout.

3. What are some effective ways to market my Pampered Chef business as a part-time consultant?

Social media is a powerful tool for marketing your Pampered Chef business. Utilize platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to showcase your products, share recipes and cooking tips, and connect with potential customers. You can also host virtual parties and reach out to friends and family to spread the word about your business.

4. How do I handle customer orders and deliveries while working part-time?

Organization is key when it comes to managing customer orders and deliveries. Keep track of orders with an Excel spreadsheet or a customer management system provided by Pampered Chef. Utilize the direct shipping option for customer orders to save time and effort. You can also schedule deliveries for a specific day or time that works best for you.

5. What advice do you have for balancing finances as a part-time Pampered Chef consultant?

It's important to set financial goals and create a budget for your Pampered Chef business. This will help you stay on track and ensure that your business expenses do not exceed your earnings. Additionally, consider taking advantage of the Pampered Chef discount and host benefits to save money on products and supplies for your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Alanna1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Kari L Ferrell
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • ChefAprilFrench