• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you started planning for your 10th anniversary trip with The Pampered Chef?

In summary, there will be a combined meeting on the 3rd for the National meeting night. Many clusters are dressing up as the place they think the trip for 2009 will be. Some activities include cooking food from different countries, a tackiest tourist dress-up contest, and bringing dishes from different countries. The potential trips being discussed are Greece, Hawaii, and Disney. Some people are not excited about the prospect of going to Disney, but there are other options in the surrounding area. It is unknown if there will be any free time during the trip for individuals to do their own activities.
chef131doreen
Gold Member
What is everyone's cluster doing for the National meeting night. ?
We are have both us and Fieale Yan's team together So there will be alot of us . if you dress as what you think the TRIP is for 2009 that you can win stuff. It should be funny, Well still trying to thing of what I am going to do or wear .

Um, isn't it on the 3rd???

Not sure what my cluster is planning, my main focus is on being there (it is 50mins away, so I don't go every month).

Hope it will be fun!

yes its the 3rd sorry

My cluster is cooking food that we think might be the TRIP for 2009. I am thinking Greece.

My upline is renting a hotel meeting room - probably like 14 Directors and their teams or so... It should be fun - I LOVE when we do combined meetings!

We're doing a big combined meeting with our NED.

We're combining with several other clusters. i'm looking forward to it.

We're actually having one, after my former AD said that she'd be busy that night and we could go ahead and have a meeting but we'd have to get the materials from someone else. :grumpy: Then she changed her tune and said that she's available that night. :rolleyes: But we're not doing anything special. Dressing for the place you think it's going to be is a cute idea. But I refuse to do that for the place I think it's going to be (based on past trip patterns).

chefann said:
We're actually having one, after my former AD said that she'd be busy that night and we could go ahead and have a meeting but we'd have to get the materials from someone else. :grumpy: Then she changed her tune and said that she's available that night. :rolleyes: But we're not doing anything special.

Dressing for the place you think it's going to be is a cute idea. But I refuse to do that for the place I think it's going to be (based on past trip patterns).

That's where my Director and I are thinking too. I know it doesn't excite you...but it would be ideal for me.

I am holding the meeting here at my house! My director already had plans for that evening that she couldn't change when the date was announced.....so I'll be doing it!

Ooh, have fun Becky!

My ED is having a meeting, changed monthly training to that, but I can't make it! It is FD meeting night! :(

Couple of ideas the Duke Directors came up with:

~ Tackiest Tourist (dress up) (she sid she got this idea from someone else)
~ Ugliest suitcase contest
~ Have people bring their favorite dish from another country

I hadn't thought of the food aspect! I'm making the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad for that meeting, and that relates to Thai food (Thailand would be a great trip!). hmmm... gotta talk to my clustermate who's bringing the dessert.

I think Disney cause it's been about 5 years now that it was there. and maybe Hawaii , I think cause the Dollar won't be good over seas so think we are going to stay in the good ols USA

I have a show booked this night - couldn't give up the money!!

I'm so sorry I'm going to miss it, but I'm sure my cluster won't be doing anything as fun as what some of you have listed.

If it is Disney, will they offer another location as well- being empty nesters, Disney does not appeal to me. It would have been great when the girls were still home.

The last couple of times it was Disney, that was the only location. Your level (and number of people you wanted to take) affected the hotel, meals, spending money and travel allowance.

I would be bummed if it is the same this time. I guess Epcot center would be interesting. I woul dhate to not go on a trip I had earned, but I am not sure I want to spend vacation with so many kids, and them not being my own.

I know of lots of grown ups that go to Disney & love it. There's plenty more to do than the Mouse.

Since I've never earned a trip, I don't know this, but... Does PC set your entire time there with something to do? Is there any down time as far as being able to do something on your own? If so, there are plenty of places close to Disney that you'd be able to go do without being in the House of Mouse at all times. :)

mrssyvo said:
If it is Disney, will they offer another location as well- being empty nesters, Disney does not appeal to me. It would have been great when the girls were still home.

My parents are there right now, at 64 yrs of age. They are excited to be there without kids, so they don't have to waste time on things that don't interest them. They love Epcot and Animal Kingdom, along with others. :)

They uaualy do Disney every 5 yrs or so , so we are due. Last time Main st was closed for only PC people i night and you could go into any place to eat what ever you wanted , they also closed Typhon logn for the day
You have our own time I did not go to Disney but they say it was awsome

mrssyvo said:
I would be bummed if it is the same this time. I guess Epcot center would be interesting. I would hate to not go on a trip I had earned, but I am not sure I want to spend vacation with so many kids, and them not being my own.

I totally agree! There's a reason I decided NOT to have children, and I don't want to spend my earned reward time dealing with them! (Then it's not a reward, it's a punishment.) Additionally, I don't agree with Disney's in-practice mission statement, which seems to be more focused on sucking as much money as they can from people's wallets without caring about whether they're creating quality entertainment.

But that's just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

one year conference was at Disney I don't think they'll ever do that again

I'm hoping it is Disney -- then I need to do all that I can to make it there! My husband hasn't been to Disneyland since he was a little boy and I would love to take him. My cluster is doing the same thing - where you dress like the trip that you think it will be and the best dressed wins a prize. I just picked up a pair of Mickey gloves over the weekend (for the dress up corner at the Foster Care camp that I do), and am working on mustering up the guts to wear them. They are seriously padded white gloves like what you would see Mickey wearing!! I have the perfect red shirt and black slacks, throw in ears and a tail and people just might think that I am celebrating Halloween 4 days too late but I just might win! LOL We'll see :D

Did someone say GREECE???????? Oh man, I will flip my lid if it is Greece~that is my all-time "wanna see it before I die" place!!!

chefmeg said:
Did someone say GREECE???????? Oh man, I will flip my lid if it is Greece~that is my all-time "wanna see it before I die" place!!!

Me too!!!!! I've been waiting seven years for Greece to be announced.

chefann said:
I totally agree! There's a reason I decided NOT to have children, and I don't want to spend my earned reward time dealing with them! (Then it's not a reward, it's a punishment.)

I'm cracking up! Right there with you on this one Ann. You need a bumper sticker like I have on my refrigerator. . . with a bit of a revision for your house: "If I wanted to hear the pitter patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on my bird (cat)"

I am hoping for Italy!!!!

I am going to be out of town (3 1/2 hours away) at my dad's house. He is near Myrtle Beach. My sister and her family are traveling there from CT, and we are having an early Thanksgiving dinner. I do not want to miss all the announcements first hand, so my director is checking with a director in that area to see if I could be a guest at their meeting.

Any fellow cheffers in the Myrtle Beach area (or even near Longs)?

It will coincide with our 30 year anniversary (when we take the trip), so I'm sure it will be HUGE!!

I'm kinda hoping for Disney. My husband and kids have never been. We've got to decide which kids to take because the family trip is for 4 and we are a fam of 6. I'm excited for Disney. I remember the last trip seeing the people interviewed afterward and many of them were with grown children, sisters, or moms. If you earn it GO!! And make the best of it! It's a FREE trip dang it!! And a fabulous trip at that!

I'm going to earn Miami this year. I am not excited about the destination, but I am excited to go there with PC. My hubby and I are going to salsa our butts off!

I love Disney -- I've never gone with my kids yet!! My husband and I went to Epcot last year on our way home from the cruise -- AWESOME! You don't have to be a kid to enjoy the Disney parks! I'm really hoping for Disney so I can take my kids this time .... LOL.....

If you have a Family of 6 you can buy the kids in

mrssyvo said:
I am hoping for Italy!!!!

oooh, yes!!
I love Italy and want to go back so badly!!
Our cluster is meeting, but not sure what our plans are, maybe I'll find out tonight at our training meeting!!

I would love Disneyworld. We just got home Sunday from a Disneyland trip and last night my 6 yr old was crying cause he wanted to go back. I will be missing the meeting since my director lives 4 hrs away. Hopefully I wont have to wait long to hear the news.
By the way I have been wondering why are they announcing it now? Dont they usually announce it a leadership?

Jennie4PC said:
Don't they usually announce it a leadership?

Lately that has been the case but when I first started, directors made the announcement at a meeting. That first year I won a prize because I guessed that Alaska would be the trip.

Personally, I don't think the BIG announcement is going to be about the incentive trip. I am thinking that it has something to do with Nov and Dec sales, and an AWESOME recruiting/signing incentive. It would not surprise me if they offered double or even triple points for some period of time. Maybe December??

They may announce the new location, but I think something else is up.

ooooooooooooooooooooo.....I like what you are thinking!!!!

Ok, so here's what I am doing: I am having a Bon Voyage Party. I made up "passports" with 15 pages that they can fill in with activities to do to build their business. Things like make 3 contacts, talk to someone about a fundraiser, fill in 10 names on your list of 100, etc., pass out 3 catalogs today, Pamper a business, etc. If they bring their passports back filled in that night they get a prize (don't know yet what it will be). I gave/sent them all an invitation and am having a "ugliest suitcase contest". In their invitation was an RSVP postcard that they HAVE to MAIL to me--the front of it is something they have to decorate and it says "wish I were here"--they can decorate it any way they want, stick figures, words from magazines, etc. Then they have to mail it back to me to RSVP. First come first served (when I receive them in the mail) and the ones that get it to me first get "first class seating" (thanks, Colleen) in my family room in front of the big screen with the dining room chairs. The ones that don't get it to me first get "coach" seating in my dining room with plastic chairs. I will get cheap luggage tags from the container store and have Bon Voyage plates, etc. Probably will have a world map and stickers they can place when they get here with where they would like to travel, etc. It's starting to come together. They loved the passport-it was a little bit of work in Publisher, but if they fill in each page they will definitely see a growth in their business. I think it will be fun!

Nanisu said:
Ok, so here's what I am doing: I am having a Bon Voyage Party. I made up "passports" with 15 pages that they can fill in with activities to do to build their business. Things like make 3 contacts, talk to someone about a fundraiser, fill in 10 names on your list of 100, etc., pass out 3 catalogs today, Pamper a business, etc. If they bring their passports back filled in that night they get a prize (don't know yet what it will be). I gave/sent them all an invitation and am having a "ugliest suitcase contest". In their invitation was an RSVP postcard that they HAVE to MAIL to me--the front of it is something they have to decorate and it says "wish I were here"--they can decorate it any way they want, stick figures, words from magazines, etc. Then they have to mail it back to me to RSVP. First come first served (when I receive them in the mail) and the ones that get it to me first get "first class seating" (thanks, Colleen) in my family room in front of the big screen with the dining room chairs. The ones that don't get it to me first get "coach" seating in my dining room with plastic chairs. I will get cheap luggage tags from the container store and have Bon Voyage plates, etc. Probably will have a world map and stickers they can place when they get here with where they would like to travel, etc. It's starting to come together. They loved the passport-it was a little bit of work in Publisher, but if they fill in each page they will definitely see a growth in their business. I think it will be fun!

Nancy,
Would you mind sharing the passport?

yes! yes! share :)

PamperChefCarol said:
Personally, I don't think the BIG announcement is going to be about the incentive trip. I am thinking that it has something to do with Nov and Dec sales, and an AWESOME recruiting/signing incentive. It would not surprise me if they offered double or even triple points for some period of time. Maybe December??

I think you might be right Carol!

My ED is renting for the night, a movie theather!! We are all getting popcorn,soda & prizes!! Amy Neal is also flying in from Chicago to speak...:D

Ginger428 said:
My ED is renting for the night, a movie theather!! We are all getting popcorn,soda & prizes!! Amy Neal is also flying in from Chicago to speak...:D

Wow! We aren't even meeting that night. . . .:(

chefjeanine said:
Wow! We aren't even meeting that night. . . .:(

Awwwwwwww I'm SO sorry, you can come to ours....:)

PamperChefCarol said:

This Pampered Chef consultant named Carol disagrees!

In the early years of my business, we had National Meeting Day, so this isn't something new that they are doing, but something old that they are revisiting. I think the purpose is to help all consultants get excited about the trip possibilities and to help consultants plan NOW for having a great 2009! Sure, I've heard that they've had cute ways to unveil the new destinations at Leadership, but only those who attend have been inspired there. My NED is encouraging consultants to make this Nov. their best month ever so that they start of 2009 with a bang...so I think this is just to add fuel to that kind of fire.

jcsmilez said:
I'm hoping it is Disney -- then I need to do all that I can to make it there! My husband hasn't been to Disneyland since he was a little boy and I would love to take him. My cluster is doing the same thing - where you dress like the trip that you think it will be and the best dressed wins a prize. I just picked up a pair of Mickey gloves over the weekend (for the dress up corner at the Foster Care camp that I do), and am working on mustering up the guts to wear them. They are seriously padded white gloves like what you would see Mickey wearing!! I have the perfect red shirt and black slacks, throw in ears and a tail and people just might think that I am celebrating Halloween 4 days too late but I just might win! LOL We'll see :D

If it was Disney it would be DisneyWORLD in Florida.

Chef Kearns said:
It will coincide with our 30 year anniversary (when we take the trip), so I'm sure it will be HUGE!!

I'm kinda hoping for Disney. My husband and kids have never been. We've got to decide which kids to take because the family trip is for 4 and we are a fam of 6. I'm excited for Disney. I remember the last trip seeing the people interviewed afterward and many of them were with grown children, sisters, or moms. If you earn it GO!! And make the best of it! It's a FREE trip dang it!! And a fabulous trip at that!

You can buy in your other kids.

Ginger428 said:

You must be in Jill's downline. How fun!

Wow! I am really out of the loop! I haven't heard a peep out of my director regarding any special meeting. Until I read this thread, I didn't even know there was supposed to be one!! I'll have to send her a message asking about it!

I also remember when we had big meeting nights that showed off the new products . noone kew hhat they where till then

DebbieJ said:
You must be in Jill's downline. How fun!

YES!! Jill Lerner is Wonderful! So is Everyone in my upline....:D

<h2>1. What is The Pampered Chef's 10th anniversary trip?</h2><p>The Pampered Chef's 10th anniversary trip is a company-wide celebration of the company's 10 years in business. It is an opportunity for consultants and their teams to come together and celebrate their hard work and success.</p><h2>2. When and where is the 10th anniversary trip taking place?</h2><p>The 10th anniversary trip will take place on the National meeting night, which is the evening of the annual national conference. The location of the trip varies each year, but it is usually held at a popular destination or resort.</p><h2>3. What is the theme for the National meeting night and how should we dress?</h2><p>The theme for the National meeting night is to dress up as what you think the trip for 2009 will be. This could be anything from a tropical vacation to a fancy cruise. Get creative and have fun with it! There will also be prizes for the best dressed.</p><h2>4. Will both our team and Fieale Yan's team be together for the National meeting night?</h2><p>Yes, both teams will be together for the National meeting night. It will be a great opportunity to network and celebrate with a larger group of consultants.</p><h2>5. What can we expect at the 10th anniversary trip?</h2><p>The 10th anniversary trip will be a fun and exciting event filled with celebrations, recognition, training, and team building activities. It is a great opportunity to connect with other consultants and learn from top leaders in the company.</p>

1. What is The Pampered Chef's 10th anniversary trip?

The Pampered Chef's 10th anniversary trip is a company-wide celebration of the company's 10 years in business. It is an opportunity for consultants and their teams to come together and celebrate their hard work and success.

2. When and where is the 10th anniversary trip taking place?

The 10th anniversary trip will take place on the National meeting night, which is the evening of the annual national conference. The location of the trip varies each year, but it is usually held at a popular destination or resort.

3. What is the theme for the National meeting night and how should we dress?

The theme for the National meeting night is to dress up as what you think the trip for 2009 will be. This could be anything from a tropical vacation to a fancy cruise. Get creative and have fun with it! There will also be prizes for the best dressed.

4. Will both our team and Fieale Yan's team be together for the National meeting night?

Yes, both teams will be together for the National meeting night. It will be a great opportunity to network and celebrate with a larger group of consultants.

5. What can we expect at the 10th anniversary trip?

The 10th anniversary trip will be a fun and exciting event filled with celebrations, recognition, training, and team building activities. It is a great opportunity to connect with other consultants and learn from top leaders in the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsellcm
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
letmepamperu13
  • DebPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Windy City Pampered Chef
  • chefmeg