• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Nat Conf...air-4Pm Departure Too Early?

In summary, attendees of the conference are discussing the best time to book a flight out of O'Hare airport after the final session ends at 1pm. Some suggest leaving at 4pm, but others are concerned about traffic and potential delays. It is mentioned that everyone will be leaving the conference at the same time, and there may be increased traffic in shuttle lines. It is also noted that O'Hare now has full body scanners, which may slow down the security process. Some suggest booking a flight after 6pm to allow for potential delays and to enjoy the city. Others mention that this year's conference schedule allows for free time in the evenings to explore Chicago. It is suggested to stay an extra night and enjoy the city or bring
nancycookspc
Gold Member
Do you think a 4p flight out of O Hare is too early-
Session is over at 1pm

IF I run and catch a cab- do you think that will be enough time.....

It might be tight. Keep in mind that everyone will be wanting to get out of McCormick place at the same time, and you'll still have to deal with check-in and security at the airport. I don't know how the taxi service works directly from there, I've always taken the bus back to the hotel, then the train to Midway. But, for a domestic flight, if you're there an hour before take-off, you're ok, and that gives you 2 hours to get to the airport.

Personally, I'm one of those who would rather be early and sit at the airport for 2 hours, than be running like a chicken with its head cut off trying to make the flight. Flying stresses me out enough.

I wonder how much different things will be this year with EVERYONE at the same session. Thinking there may be much more traffic in the shuttle lines etc.

O'Hare now has the full body scanners which will make getting through security probably a bit longer. I personally wouldn't do a 4 pm flight because if you get delayed at all out of McCormick and have traffic (which there is a lot of in Chicago), you could be scrambling. I'd book a slightly later flight and/or leave the last session early.

I wouldn't do anything before 6pm

I wouldn't. Finding your Luggage could take you an hour! :) Then getting a cab over to the airport, etc. I vote for after 6pm....better safe than sorry and stressed and really sweaty! And heaven forbid you miss your flight and then have to go standby...especially at night when options become limited.

Better yet, stay an extra night and enjoy the city :D

NooraK said:
Better yet, stay an extra night and enjoy the city :D

That's not a bad idea.

For those that have been before: many people commented in the evals that they didn't have time to see Chicago so now EVERY night is free. The schedule has everything ending by 5:30pm. There is no Executive Banquet and no evening session this time. We'll have time to get a Chicago Pizza and check out plenty of other Chicago hot spots.

BethCooks4U said:
That's not a bad idea.

For those that have been before: many people commented in the evals that they didn't have time to see Chicago so now EVERY night is free. The schedule has everything ending by 5:30pm. There is no Executive Banquet and no evening session this time. We'll have time to get a Chicago Pizza and check out plenty of other Chicago hot spots.

YEAH!!! I didn't realize that! My family is going with me...so I'll get to hang out with them at night and do stuff with them. I've got two boys who'll be 9 and almost 7 by the NC...last year, we wanted to take them to Dave & Busters to play games and have pizza, etc....but one got a tummy ache, so we opted not to. That was my only 'free night' with them, so I was bummed. I was so happy to have Monday as an extra day in my book..but didn't realize that about the other nights! Wahoo! I love Chicago. (Wednesday night should be Fireworks at Navy Pier by the way!)

I've already got my flight scheduled. Leaving at 4:30. I've been the last 3 yrs. and it's never been a problem getting there on time.

flemings99 said:
I've already got my flight scheduled. Leaving at 4:30. I've been the last 3 yrs. and it's never been a problem getting there on time.

Except this year- it's ALL of the consultants in one group - instead of cut into 3 waves....that's alot of people! :)

There's no Executive Dinner this year? I'm bummed, I had tons of fun at ours last year. We even gave one of the waiters a hard time

It's going to be a whole new ballgame this year, between everyone being there at once and the new career plan really being in effect, ie. people going in and out of exec. directorship. "Leadership" isn't as well-defined anymore and may not mean as much except for those long-term people with really well established downlines.

I wonder if the last session on Thurs. is going to be general assembly like in the past. So much other stuff going on I haven't been thinking about conference, but I just took a look at airfares and will start watching them.

Becca_in_MD said:
It's going to be a whole new ballgame this year, between everyone being there at once and the new career plan really being in effect, ie. people going in and out of exec. directorship. "Leadership" isn't as well-defined anymore and may not mean as much except for those long-term people with really well established downlines.

I wonder if the last session on Thurs. is going to be general assembly like in the past. So much other stuff going on I haven't been thinking about conference, but I just took a look at airfares and will start watching them.

I don't think it's that - Exec level has much longer before they lose their level - it's the logistics of all those events at once. Not enough ball rooms and it's cutting the expense of that meal out of the budget which is huge. And it's the fact that consultants asked for more nights to be free - that the days were too long.

I hate that it's going away too. I liked the nice meal and time with my cluster sisters that I never get to see. There will be Executive Workshops though where everyone is with their Exec for training. I just hope they do some kind of mingling too and that it's not just a class.

I'll miss it. I understand why it's going, but I'll miss it. I was blessed to be rewarded by my upline for being one of her top 9 in sales. I got to sit with her and the other top sellers at her table. We each received a special gift. It added an element of specialness for me. Of course, I know Greg was talking about an official CS gathering. That would be really fun. Of course, we all know that there's nothing actually official about CS. ;)

BethCooks4U said:
I don't think it's that - Exec level has much longer before they lose their level - it's the logistics of all those events at once. Not enough ball rooms and it's cutting the expense of that meal out of the budget which is huge. And it's the fact that consultants asked for more nights to be free - that the days were too long.

I hate that it's going away too. I liked the nice meal and time with my cluster sisters that I never get to see. There will be Executive Workshops though where everyone is with their Exec for training. I just hope they do some kind of mingling too and that it's not just a class.

We obviously weren't at the same meeting! :D I would have been embarrassed to have served a room full of "chefs" the food we got...yuck.

Oh I'm glad there is an airfare thread! I'm trying to decide what times to fly in/out. I want to purchase the airfare today, but honestly, I almost wonder if it's too early. My director is coming from Hawaii, and I from Savannah via Jacksonville, Fl. The airfare is at like $240 on Southwest, but I already saw it jump up to $267 today! I'm trying to stay under $300! So, I'm nervous that the prices are going to just keep going up! 2 weeks ago, there were legs of flights at around $79 each way, and those are long gone now!

Anyway, I digress... How many people are flying in on Sunday vs. Monday? I'm not a director *yet*, but hoping to promote by July 1, so that I can be a part of the director events on that Monday. But, I was also trying to save hotel and expenses, and wondered if flying in on that Monday and flying out the Friday might be better??? Thoughts? I'd like to narrow this down. I haven't been to conference since 2007, and that was my first and only time. So, any insight from the pros would help! Thanks! :D

BethCooks4U said:

Points taken. I had thought of the logistics or that they would have had to combine execs together. The food itself was always pretty "ick." I know some people (Rae :)) really liked the recognition and seeing where they fell within the cluster.

I'm keeping an open mind for this year. Change is always difficult and I'm quick to criticize, but I'm sure it's going to be exciting. I always love thinking about how HO puts everything together and why. The energy in the air is going to be amazing!

What can I say? I'm a recognition junkie. :)

And you deserve all of the recognition you get and more!

Mine left at 4:00 last year and even with a delay on the train because of work they were doing on the tracks, I was there with plenty of time to even grab a snack before the flight left. It will be different with more people actually at conference but I think 4:00 will be fine.

Booked my flight today!!! Im so excited! Can't wait for July to get here!!!! :)
(I went ahead and booked a 6pm flight coming home...I don't want to chance missing my flight, you never know what can happen!)

1. What is "Nat Conf...air-4Pm Departure Too Early?"

"Nat Conf...air-4Pm Departure Too Early" is a popular event organized by Pampered Chef for their consultants. It is a national conference where consultants can gather to learn, network, and celebrate their achievements.

2. When and where is "Nat Conf...air-4Pm Departure Too Early?"

The event typically takes place in the summer and the location varies each year. Pampered Chef will announce the details, including the exact dates and location, closer to the event.

3. Who can attend "Nat Conf...air-4Pm Departure Too Early?"

This event is open to all active Pampered Chef consultants. It is a great opportunity for consultants to come together and learn from each other, as well as from top leaders and corporate staff.

4. What happens at "Nat Conf...air-4Pm Departure Too Early?"

The event is filled with exciting activities, workshops, and presentations. Consultants will have the chance to attend training sessions and hear from motivational speakers. There will also be product demonstrations, new product launches, and plenty of networking opportunities.

5. How can I register for "Nat Conf...air-4Pm Departure Too Early?"

Registration for "Nat Conf...air-4Pm Departure Too Early" will open closer to the event. Keep an eye out for announcements from Pampered Chef, and be sure to register early as spots may be limited.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebinCincy
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies