• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Nancy's Closing for Good as Merrill Takes Over PC Products?

In summary, PC is switching to Merrill as their exclusive apparel vendor. This means that Nancy's will be done as of 8/31. PC is also announcing that Vista Print will be getting more business.
That was a nice touch!

Yep - Nancy is a class act. Too bad she's been kicked to the curb. Maybe that was a bit harsh...sorry to anyone who thinks so, but that's about how I feel about it.

pcchris said:
Does Warren Buffett own Merrill? Anyone know? just wondering.
"Document services company Merrill is no relation to financial services giant Merrill Lynch, but the companies do share an interest in SEC paperwork. Through its transactional and compliance services segment, Merrill provides printing, distribution, and electronic processing of SEC filings and other documents related to corporate transactions. Merrill also handles documents used in litigation and in direct marketing. The company operates from some 70 offices in the US and about 15 in other countries. Affiliates of DLJ Merchant Banking Partners, a unit of investment firm Credit Suisse, control a 58% stake in Merrill. "

If there's a connection there, I haven't been able to find it. That doesn't mean it isn't there, though.

pcchris said:
Yep - Nancy is a class act. Too bad she's been kicked to the curb. Maybe that was a bit harsh...sorry to anyone who thinks so, but that's about how I feel about it.
Harsh?

You're too kind.

pcchris said:
Does Warren Buffett own Merrill? Anyone know? just wondering.

Yes and no. It's owned by his investment group, Berkshire Hathaway. He's been giving shares away at a rapid clip to the foundations owned by his children, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and the Nuclear Threat Initiative. Here's a link to Slate Magazine's rundown on his donations:

http://www.slate.com/id/2159775

cooking.with.ann said:
Yes and no. It's owned by his investment group, Berkshire Hathaway. He's been giving shares away at a rapid clip to the foundations owned by his children, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and the Nuclear Threat Initiative. Here's a link to Slate Magazine's rundown on his donations:

http://www.slate.com/id/2159775
I missed where the article said that BH owned Merrill.

AJPratt said:
I missed where the article said that BH owned Merrill.
me too, but then I just skimmed over it.

I just looked at the list of Berkshire Hathaway companies and Merrill is not owned by them.

On the Merrill Corporate site I read the company is privately owned with 47% ownership belonging to the employees.

Lisa

I think the OP was just making a tongue and cheek comment.

pcchris said:
BTW, My order from Nancy came in today. There was a very nice letter actually signed that thanks all of the PC people, and how she'll miss us all...which I thought was very nice. In the letter, she stated that they are anticipating most of their inventory to be gone before the end of June, so I'm just giving you a heads up on that. Also, she sent a certificate for a $10 freebie, so I guess I'll have to order some more from her when I get some $. I think this was the fastest I ever got something from her...normally it took a week, this time was faster. I'm so bummed. I love her stuff.
When did you order your stuff? I ordered about 2 days after the announcement! And I want my stuff! It's already been charged to my account and I really want my stickers! And the other goodies I ordered! I am sad about Nancy's Artwork's being let go also, She was a great vendor and I've met her at conference before and I feel bad for her!:( I've read all through this thread and I agree with a lot of you.... but for now I will just plead the 5th and keep quiet until I hear more. What???:eek: Keep quiet, MEEE:confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: ,my husband would be amazed!:D

ChefLisa said:
I just looked at the list of Berkshire Hathaway companies and Merrill is not owned by them.

On the Merrill Corporate site I read the company is privately owned with 47% ownership belonging to the employees.

Lisa
If the employees own 47% and DLJ Merchant Banking Partners (Credit Suisse) control a 58% stake in Merrill, 105% of the company is owned by somebody.

Hmmmm.

I wonder if the employees stake is held by Credit Suisse and there's another 42% of it out there someplace.

This is why it is so difficult in today's market to determine who owns what anymore.

I got my order yesterday and all the stuff is great! I'm even sadder now for Nancy!:( and sad for us too, as she was very good and she was very well priced! I think I will order one more time before she's gone! I am going to go through her catalog she sent me! What a nice lady, I will miss her!:(

I wonder what would happen if a bunch of consultants showed up at National Conference general session with the digital name badges from Nancy's saying
We Love Nancy!!!

jzramom said:
I wonder what would happen if a bunch of consultants showed up at National Conference general session with the digital name badges from Nancy's saying
We Love Nancy!!!

Great idea! Sadly, I don't think they would care. :( It's a real bummer!

Yes, Merrill is expensive and we have so little choice when all is from 1 company only.

Julie

I ordered from Nancy's about a week ago, and loved everything I ordered. Plus, she sent a little sample "free" package along with it, saying thank you and enjoy. It is sad to lose her business. I prefer not to order from Merrill.:(

pcchris said:
Great idea! Sadly, I don't think they would care. :( It's a real bummer!
Not only will they not care, it will do no good. Nancy has already moved on and made other plans. Business decisions are often not reversible.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Not only will they not care, it will do no good. Nancy has already moved on and made other plans. Business decisions are often not reversible.
Unfortunately, you're right.

Which is really sad..

<h2>What does the e-mail from HO about Nancy's closing mean?</h2><p>The e-mail from HO states that Nancy's, a line of products offered by Pampered Chef, will no longer be available after August 31st. This means that customers will no longer be able to purchase Nancy's products from Pampered Chef.</p><h2>Why is Nancy's closing?</h2><p>The specific reason for Nancy's closing has not been disclosed. However, it is likely due to a business decision made by Pampered Chef.</p><h2>Will any Nancy's products still be available after the closing date?</h2><p>No, all Nancy's products will be discontinued as of August 31st. Pampered Chef will no longer offer them for sale.</p><h2>Will Merrill be the exclusive provider of Pampered Chef products?</h2><p>Yes, according to the e-mail from HO, Merrill will be the exclusive provider of Pampered Chef products. This means that all Pampered Chef products will only be available through Merrill, and no longer through Nancy's or any other retailer.</p><h2>When will the exclusivity with Merrill begin?</h2><p>The exclusivity with Merrill will begin on August 31st, the same date that Nancy's products will be discontinued. From that point on, Merrill will be the only retailer offering Pampered Chef products.</p>

What does the e-mail from HO about Nancy's closing mean?

The e-mail from HO states that Nancy's, a line of products offered by Pampered Chef, will no longer be available after August 31st. This means that customers will no longer be able to purchase Nancy's products from Pampered Chef.

Why is Nancy's closing?

The specific reason for Nancy's closing has not been disclosed. However, it is likely due to a business decision made by Pampered Chef.

Will any Nancy's products still be available after the closing date?

No, all Nancy's products will be discontinued as of August 31st. Pampered Chef will no longer offer them for sale.

Will Merrill be the exclusive provider of Pampered Chef products?

Yes, according to the e-mail from HO, Merrill will be the exclusive provider of Pampered Chef products. This means that all Pampered Chef products will only be available through Merrill, and no longer through Nancy's or any other retailer.

When will the exclusivity with Merrill begin?

The exclusivity with Merrill will begin on August 31st, the same date that Nancy's products will be discontinued. From that point on, Merrill will be the only retailer offering Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Amyskitchen2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • hoosierchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies