• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Nancy Jo's Cooking Show: A Fun and Entertaining Demo with the Top PC Consultant

In summary, Nancy Jo has a low key presentation that doesn't require much of an investment from the attendees, she gets mostly bookings 3-4 months in advance. She mentions some of her theme shows during her demo.
speedychef
Here you go Michele! New post for Nancy Jo, all for her. Michele, in case you all don't know, is infatuated with the woman! It's pretty easy to see how she is #1, though...She just had everyone in the kitchen hanging out with her and seeing what she was doing. I was beginning to wonder if she was even going to do a presentation, because as people came in, she told them what she was doing and gave them a spoon or whatever! Everyone was involved and everyone enjoyed themselves.
She was so gracious about us being there. I was a little nervous that she'd be like, "get out of here...I'm the consultant at this show!" I emailed her the next day and her secretary (how cool is that!) emailed back and said that Nancy Jo likes to have other consultants.
Now...I just want to BE her...do you know the woman makes like $500K a year?! We laughed and asked how long did she work with PC before her hubby retired, but he's still working! Do you know one of the perks of being a NED is that she gets to spend like a week at the Canyon Ranch spa in (I think) Arizona! Awesome! I feel like if I made that much money I would have a personal masseuse! And someone to do my nails every day because goodness knows I don't do it my own self...oh and I would definitely have a personal assistant to keep track of everything I'm supposed to be doing because I'm so not good at that...ANYHOW, Maybe Michele will tell you more!

Ok big shot Speedy Chef....why can't I figure out how to post my own thread?

Instead of going to new posts, you would go into an individual forum, like down at the bottom of your page on the right there should be a forum jump and a pulldown menu for it, you would go to whichever forum you would want to post under, then when it brings up the forum, there is a box to click on that says start new thread, then post away. Does this make sense, it is very hot and I think I fried my brain today?!

So, did Nancy Jo have any kind of opening, or was she already in the kitchen prepping & just had everyone join her? Did she have any kind of formal presentation? What did she pass out & when? Did she ask people if they wanted more info about booking or recruiting when doing the orders?

That is SO cool that you got to go to her show!!!!!

She did a small presentation about when she started 20 years ago (Just for Xmas money) and talked about the spa that she goes to every year thanks to PC.

She was talking while her AND the guests prepared the food for cooking. She passed out a folder with a catalog, order form (itemized) a drawing slip that she created and an alphabetized sheet with all the products and what page it was located on. She NEVER asked for a booking or recruit. She told them that she was going to make them want HER. She was good because I wanted her, LOL! LOL!

Did she make any mention of what the host was earning for hosting the show?

Do you know how many bookings or recruit leads she averages with that laid back presentation and doesn't ask for them? Just curious?

I don't know her averages or anything...didn't think to ask the important question, I just was thinking "I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!" (for any Wayne's World fans...) She got 4 bookings and a recruit lead at that show. There were about 15 people there I think. She didn't really do anything formally. The one thing I was surprised about, and kind of missed it, is that she didn't do a closing. It was just over. I don't know if she asked when taking orders, we tried to stay out of the way...

Nancy Jo is my PC "Grandma" - she's my director's director. She came and did her show for us at our cluster meeting earlier this year. She will mention some of her theme shows during her demo and give people ideas for what they could do when they have their own party.

She is very low key and the great thing is that she doesn't do anything extraordinary and that is why people sign - because anyone can do what she does...

I also think she averages at least $1000 per show and gets at least 2 bookings - she books way out (about 3 months) and sometimes she cannot accomodate all the booking leads she gets... I am not sure how many recruits she averages, but I do know she has the biggest downline in the whole company!

She is also the sweetest lady and success has not gone to her head - she genuinely wants people to succeed and her recruits must sense that...

Val, you are on already??? I just dropped you off at home !!!

Michele2167 said:
She did a small presentation about when she started 20 years ago (Just for Xmas money) and talked about the spa that she goes to every year thanks to PC.

She was talking while her AND the guests prepared the food for cooking. She passed out a folder with a catalog, order form (itemized) a drawing slip that she created and an alphabetized sheet with all the products and what page it was located on. She NEVER asked for a booking or recruit. She told them that she was going to make them want HER. She was good because I wanted her, LOL! LOL!

Thanks for the thread!!! Do you have the drawing slip she handed out? Here's the one my director (an advanced director under Mary Jo) gave me... wondering if it's the same?

Last edited:
I did forget to mention that nancy Jo did talk about all her themes, 12 in all but I can't remember all of them. She did say that she averages $1,000 per show. She didn't do a closing. It just sort of ended. It seem to work for her and it didn't matter because she still booked 4 shows.

What kinds of themes does Nancy do?

hi!

She talked about the Italian, chocolate, mexican, and eat healthy Themes. She also talked about starting some cooking classes in her Orland Park Office soon. I am really excited about that and will be the first to sign up! =) She said she had 12 themes but she didn't name them all. Sorry.

speedychef said:
Here you go Michele! New post for Nancy Jo, all for her. Michele, in case you all don't know, is infatuated with the woman! It's pretty easy to see how she is #1, though...She just had everyone in the kitchen hanging out with her and seeing what she was doing. I was beginning to wonder if she was even going to do a presentation, because as people came in, she told them what she was doing and gave them a spoon or whatever! Everyone was involved and everyone enjoyed themselves.
She was so gracious about us being there. I was a little nervous that she'd be like, "get out of here...I'm the consultant at this show!" I emailed her the next day and her secretary (how cool is that!) emailed back and said that Nancy Jo likes to have other consultants.
Now...I just want to BE her...do you know the woman makes like $500K a year?! We laughed and asked how long did she work with PC before her hubby retired, but he's still working! Do you know one of the perks of being a NED is that she gets to spend like a week at the Canyon Ranch spa in (I think) Arizona! Awesome! I feel like if I made that much money I would have a personal masseuse! And someone to do my nails every day because goodness knows I don't do it my own self...oh and I would definitely have a personal assistant to keep track of everything I'm supposed to be doing because I'm so not good at that...ANYHOW, Maybe Michele will tell you more!

So, they were just standing around her, helping or just participating in the conversations. What do you think she does, if she is in a smaller kitchen or has to demo in the living roon on a small folding table? Before I read this thread a while back I wanted to redisign my show to make it more laid back and have people participate. I would love more feedback!!!:D

I do something similar! It works well!
So, they were just standing around her, helping or just participating in the conversations. What do you think she does, if she is in a smaller kitchen or has to demo in the living roon on a small folding table? Before I read this thread a while back I wanted to redisign my show to make it more laid back and have people participate. I would love more feedback!!!:D

I feel it is so important to get the tools into everyone's hands!
They say "I have this at home, still in the box."
Have them use it right there, right now!
You will hear "I'm getting mine out tonight!"

Here's what I do:

It starts on the invites...Apron is Optional!
At the show, I invite guests to wash hands or wear gloves (I provide)(they love it when we wear our gloves!) and wear aprons (I provide some).
I have already set-up stations around the kitchen or on my Cosco table, including copies of the recipes and the tools needed!
As each station gets used, I talk about the products; recruiting; bookings; benefits; Specials...
I typically generate 2 bookings/show! I keep them consistant with the Host Benefits Program -up to 6 months!
Then they are excused, while it's in the oven, to look at books & fill out DP slips. This is when I do a quick clean-up and set-up my laptop.
The Host is offering drinks and setting out the dishes, etc.
I get everyone's attention -Food's Ready; RUFTH; Specials; Orders; Thank Guests & Host; collect DP slips -Winner!

I have been more consistant with these shows than I used to be trying to remember I am I supposed to say; what did I forget; etc...

I would LOVE to hear if any of you do something like this, how it works for you, etc...!
I am so glad my DH found this website for me!

Veronica:rolleyes:

Veronica-That sounds fun just reading it! I would LOVE to do something like that. Did you just decide to start doing your shows like this, or did you offer it as a type of show the host could choose? I would love to start doing this completely, but right now I offer an Interactive Show that no host has ever chosen. It seems like everyone wants to just sit & watch me do the cooking. Any suggestions?

What recipes do you do that get so many people involved?? I would love to have my shows more interactive, but I am worried that one person will be doing something with the other 9 guests standing there bored!

I do something similar to yours Veronica. I have the host prepare one recipe and I prepare the other. I generally have the host prep a simple recipe (BBQ Chick Pizza, Chik Enchilada Ring, Dessert Pizza) as I do my regular demo. Then when the host is done FAR ahead of me, I point out how quick and easy that was for her to prepare. I usually ask the host if she has done any of the recipes so she feels comfortable preparing it. The enchilada ring is one of my favorites for the host to prep because it is simple, uses very common tools and you get to make guacamole (2 other people can help with this as well) and everyone seems to like to help.

She usually has someone voluteer to help her or she encourages others to join in. While her recipe is baking (ahhh the yummy smells) I finish up my recipe - then we eat, prize drawing, checkout. I make sure to ask each guest if they felt they could have prepared the recipe that their host had prepared - then, "Well - when would oyu like for me to come to your house and help you prepare a recipe for yur guests". Works as a booking tool as well as a recruit tool.

I really want more audience participation, so for my show on Thurday I made the Mom's Apple Crisp. It was a little awkward because I had too much work for me to do myself (I don't have the A/P/C/S so I had to hand peel them) but not enough to give everyone a job. I gave each of them an apple to use on the mandoline, so they just passed the mandoline around and sliced the apples on by one. I had all the dry ingredients pre-measured becuase they have seen the measuring products a million times and I didn't want to carry a ton of ingredients just to show me measuring out the right amount! I was very proud that I got even a little participation!

I did audience participation tonight. As the guests arrived, I gave each of them a tool that I would need to use in my demo.

As I went through my demo, I called them up as I needed them and made them do the task. I never even put my apron on!

It was great! It was a great segue to talk about the biz too. :)

DebbieJ said:
I did audience participation tonight. As the guests arrived, I gave each of them a tool that I would need to use in my demo.

As I went through my demo, I called them up as I needed them and made them do the task. I never even put my apron on!

It was great! It was a great segue to talk about the biz too. :)

What were your results from this show? # of bookings and any recruit leads??

I want to know too! What was the outcome?

okay! You lucky people who go to go to Nancy Jo's show! How did you get to go? Who is your director? I live in Plano, IL. I have hospitality set up with Donna Mitchell. Every other month Nancy Jo comes to our meetings, but since I am just hospitality I feel too timid to even talk to her. Are you guys at the same meetings I am? Just curious!

My friend Michele, also a PC consultant, was invited to the show and graciously brought me with. We don't know Nancy Jo at all! Our whole upline is in Georgia and our director very recently moved to Texas, so we only really know consultants in our fairly small cluster. I've driven through Plano before! It's not too far. Don't be afraid to talk to Nancy Jo, she is very kind. We would love to have her at our meeting!

Harrle said:
What were your results from this show? # of bookings and any recruit leads??

Ha! Funny you should ask....

The show itself was actually kind of a bust. It was a lot of younger people and I don't think they had done the "home party thing" before, so NONE of them ordered at the show! Just the host's mom and sister, who were both past hosts!

The host is already a recruit lead and then two guests also asked for more info. I was supposed to meet with one of them this past week, but we had bad storms and she lost power, so she had other things to deal with.

The host did collect $400 in outside orders and we are closing tomorrow, I think. She practically did my job for me, so you know I'll be mentioning that!

I really have to call all the guests.....

That's funny Deb! I bet it will get a lot of leads at the right show!!

Related to Nancy Jo's Cooking Show: A Fun and Entertaining Demo with the Top PC Consultant

What is "Nancy Jo's Cooking Show"?

"Nancy Jo's Cooking Show" is a live cooking demonstration and sales event hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant. It is a fun and interactive way to learn about our products and try out delicious recipes.

How can I attend "Nancy Jo's Cooking Show"?

You can attend a "Nancy Jo's Cooking Show" by contacting a Pampered Chef consultant and scheduling a date and time for the event. You can also attend a show as a guest of someone who has already booked a show.

What can I expect at "Nancy Jo's Cooking Show"?

At "Nancy Jo's Cooking Show", you can expect to see a demonstration of our products in action, learn new recipes and cooking techniques, and have the opportunity to purchase Pampered Chef products. It is also a chance to socialize and have fun with friends and family.

Is there a cost to attend "Nancy Jo's Cooking Show"?

No, there is no cost to attend "Nancy Jo's Cooking Show". It is a free event for guests to attend and enjoy.

Can I host my own "Nancy Jo's Cooking Show"?

Yes, you can host your own "Nancy Jo's Cooking Show" and earn free and discounted products as a host. Contact a Pampered Chef consultant to schedule a show and learn more about hosting benefits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • KymberlyMcD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Lilamyw3