• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Trip to the Store- Unbelievable!!!!

In summary, the conversation was about the effectiveness of using the catalog tote as a way to promote and sell Pampered Chef products. Multiple individuals shared their positive experiences with using the tote, including attracting orders and potential hosts while out in public. The conversation also included tips on using the tote, such as displaying the catalog cover while carrying it.
mrssyvo
For those of you who do not yet have the catalog tote, you MUST get one. and, I learned a lesson today, you must carry more than 3 catalogs!!!
I went to the store this morning, to gather ingredients to make the new Chicken-portobello panini, since my grill pan came in yesterday, and I was standing at the deli, and I got into a conversation with a woman while we were waiting, and I told her I was fixing an amazing panini sandwich, she proceeded to tell me they fell in love with the panini while on vacation, and she is trying to make them, but does not have a press, she has bricks wrapped in foil, and it does not work so well. WELL, of course, I whip out my new catalog, and show her the new products- she said it was an answer to her prayers, took my info, and will be calling to place an order. She seemed hesitant to give me her info, so I did not press it. THEN the deli girl asked me when she gets her catalog. I talk to this girl every week, and she has never been interested, but today she tells me her boyfriend LOVES to cook, and it would be perfect for him for Christmas, THEN, I head down the aisle, and run into 3 firemen shopping for their meal, and I ask them how they would like to have a kitchen full of PC products- one guy did not know what I was talking about, but the other 2 men's eyes got so big, and they were so excited- I handed them a catalog, and told then to head back to the firehouse and make up their wish-list, and I will call them in a couple days to discuss a fundraiser to stock their firehouse kitchen. Well, I ran out of catalogs after that, but I realize now that the business is everywhere, I just need to speak up, and not worry about it.

Wow, what a fantastic job...isn't it great to go to have a job where you can work at the grocery store and it doesn't feel like work?

Congrats on a successful day! Hopefully you will get that order from the grill press lady! Remember to tell her she can get her item(s) half off by hosting!

That's awesome!! I LOVE days like that! I'm sad my bag from conference three years ago is getting kind of dumpy looking because I love the ones with the windows in front. I'll have to break down and get the one off the supply order (of course I JUST placed one!) but I don't think it's as big. I also use mine as a purse/diaper bag/carry everything kind of bag. That's probably why it's worn out!:)

I have one of those tote bags!!! I love mine, I just use it as a purse and I carry about 4-6 catalogs as well in it!!! I get a lot of response back when I am using it!!! That is awsome how things like that worked out for you!!! Way to go !!

You go, girl!

I've been carrying around the catalog tote or PC sling as my purse since I came back from conference. I had someone in the park today run up to me because she recognized me from a show when she saw the bag. People do notice! Plus I find that using it as a purse looks like we're not really trying to be noticed for PC because you have to carry a purse anyway. So others won't think of you as pushy before they even talk to you.

Last edited:
Congrats on a great day of shopping lol

I use my tote bag every day and I take the express bus into manhattan. I always place my bag on my lap w/ the catalog facing me. So those sitting next to me, side of me and behind me can see the picture. Some (not many) have tapped me and said do you own anything from PC? I said oh yes I do, I sell it, would you like to see a catalog? I've gotten 3 or 4 orders. No shows booked YET lol

That's awesome!! I LOVE days like that! I'm sad my bag from conference three years ago is getting kind of dumpy looking because I love the ones with the windows in front. I'll have to break down and get the one off the supply order (of course I JUST placed one!) but I don't think it's as big. I also use mine as a purse/diaper bag/carry everything kind of bag. That's probably why it's worn out!

I got the Catalog Tote after conference and it is the only purse/diaper bag I carry with me. I am able to get my planner, diapers, wipes, hand sanitizer, wallet, business cards, pens, prize slips, toys, an extra set of clothes for 2yr old, snacks, in it. I usually have 5 catalogs with me and right now I have about 5 mini catalogs in there as well. It does the trick for me, I hope that it will work for you.

Tracy

FIRE HOUSES!!! Now there is a place I would have NEVER thought about. Thanks :)

Awesome! Way to go!

OK, you've convinced me--gotta get that bag!!!!:D :D :D Way to go! I wouldn't have thought about the firemen!

Way Cool! Firehouse...woot woot!
Hey where do I get a tote?
Fill me in, I have a 20 month old, and am looking for a new diaper bag,,,hint hint,,,LOL

It's on our supply order. $15.

The larger tote was given as a conference bag a few years ago. There is a smaller tote (and if you don't carry a load of stuff for your baby could work for a catch-all bag) that is very similar to it on the Paperwork/Supply order form for $15. I use it as my purse and have had awesome results.

Once they could walk my kids always carried their supplies in a backpack and after I started PC I bought my daughter the kid's backpack from VIP. It was the perfect size for about 2 diapers, a travel wipe container and a baggie of snacks (there was space for more, but I didn't want it to be too heavy). So, she was a walking advertisement for me as well. I also had her decked out in the red kids jacket from VIP. I got lots of comments about it.

Duh!
DebbieJ said:
It's on our supply order. $15.
I am still waiting for mine :rolleyes:
They didn't get my change of address in time.

Chef Kearns said:
Once they could walk my kids always carried their supplies in a backpack and after I started PC I bought my daughter the kid's backpack from VIP. It was the perfect size for about 2 diapers, a travel wipe container and a baggie of snacks (there was space for more, but I didn't want it to be too heavy). So, she was a walking advertisement for me as well. I also had her decked out in the red kids jacket from VIP. I got lots of comments about it.

OMG, imagine how cute that would look, I am gonna go look for one for my son! People stop him just because he is a ham, imagine if he had a back pack on, showing off 'mamas work' :D

Chozengirl said:
OMG, imagine how cute that would look, I am gonna go look for one for my son! People stop him just because he is a ham, imagine if he had a back pack on, showing off 'mamas work' :D

I guess VIP doesn't sell those anymore becasue I couldn't find them on their website at all... bummer deal!!!

tlmcunning said:
I got the Catalog Tote after conference and it is the only purse/diaper bag I carry with me. I am able to get my planner, diapers, wipes, hand sanitizer, wallet, business cards, pens, prize slips, toys, an extra set of clothes for 2yr old, snacks, in it. I usually have 5 catalogs with me and right now I have about 5 mini catalogs in there as well. It does the trick for me, I hope that it will work for you.

Tracy

This sounds to great to me!!! Please tell me if this is the tote on the supply order and also does it have a zipper on top? I would love this for me and my 1 year old son!!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
I guess VIP doesn't sell those anymore becasue I couldn't find them on their website at all... bummer deal!!!
:eek: :mad: :rolleyes:

clear pocket tote bag...
Chozengirl said:
I am still waiting for mine :rolleyes:
They didn't get my change of address in time.

It took me forever to figure it out on the supply order, it's listed differently, not the brief case, but I THINK, the shoudler bag.

HTH

Good Luck,

I also use it as my purse and carry quite a few in the front pocket and I've gotten good business that way too :)

Liz:)

mommyhugz1978 said:

I'm hoping they're coming out with new kids' stuff, since they discontinued the kids' shirts too.
I got the backpacks last year at conference for my girls.

rayday said:
This sounds to great to me!!! Please tell me if this is the tote on the supply order and also does it have a zipper on top? I would love this for me and my 1 year old son!!!

Yes, I have the catalog tote off the supply order, it does have zipper top and has a zipper pocket inside as well.

Tracy

I use mine like a purse. I have a teenage daughter who now hates going to the mall with mom, because I always get approched by people asking to look at the catalog or as I'm walking they say I Love The PC. And she finds it embarsing.:rolleyes:

1. What is "My Trip to the Store- Unbelievable!!!!"?

"My Trip to the Store- Unbelievable!!!!" is a virtual shopping experience offered by Pampered Chef. It allows consultants to demonstrate and sell products to customers through an online platform.

2. How does "My Trip to the Store- Unbelievable!!!!" work?

Consultants set up a virtual store with a unique link for customers to access. Customers can browse through products, watch live or pre-recorded product demonstrations, and make purchases directly through the virtual store.

3. Can I still earn host rewards or discounts through "My Trip to the Store- Unbelievable!!!!"?

Yes, customers can still earn host rewards and discounts by hosting a virtual party through "My Trip to the Store- Unbelievable!!!!". The consultant will provide a special host link for guests to shop through and the host will receive credit for their purchases.

4. Is there a limit to the number of people who can attend "My Trip to the Store- Unbelievable!!!!"?

No, there is no limit to the number of people who can attend "My Trip to the Store- Unbelievable!!!!". It is accessible to anyone with the unique link provided by the consultant.

5. Can I request specific products to be featured during "My Trip to the Store- Unbelievable!!!!"?

Yes, customers can request specific products to be featured during "My Trip to the Store- Unbelievable!!!!" by contacting their consultant beforehand. The consultant will do their best to accommodate these requests and showcase the requested products during the virtual store experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lorilynn95
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cheferikab
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • dkitten13