• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Trifle Bowl Is in a Million Pieces!!!

In summary, PC is sending back a box because it was packed poorly. The trifle bowl is okay, but the glass is scratched.
Tara1021
:eek: I just got home to find my box of goodies and my trifle bowl is in a million little pieces!!! I just called HO and they are sending me a new one immediately and a label to send the broken one back. The CSR I talked to said that she had taken MANY calls regarding this. It was packed on the outside of edge of the box...I'm thinkin it needs to be in the middle with stuffin around it!

Anyone else???

Oooh, geez, I'd better open all of those individual packages and make sure things are ok. Nothing rattled or anything from what I could hear. The trifle bowl is ok and seems to be in one piece, but really wasn't packaged all that greatly.

Yea...I picked up the TB box and heard a LOT of rattling....Knew that couldn't be good.:(

Mine is okay but the glass is a little scratched! I'm on the fence. Should I call them?

Sure! Why not? It's not up to snuff!!!

I cannot believe you are having to mail it back! The whole thing or just a piece?

And to think "supposedly" one reason we changed from UPS is b/c of breakage!

JoyfulChef said:
Mine is okay but the glass is a little scratched! I'm on the fence. Should I call them?

Yes, I would call them. You would not want a customer to accep scratches would you? And neither should you.

jrstephens said:
I cannot believe you are having to mail it back! The whole thing or just a piece?

She told me to send the box back. I'm definately going to put it inside another box because the box it's in isn't suitable for shipping, nor is it safe. There is a TON of glass in it. I'm going to put it inside another pc box and put packing around it to send it back. So...to answer your question...Yes, i'm sending the whole thing. The csr said she needed it back since it was a new product. I'm wondering how many arrived broken!?

mine is in a million pieces too...

jrstephens said:

PC pays the shipping so if they want the whole thing back it's their problem (it's within 30 days...). I had the 2 large SA pieces come in pieces too but the boxes were without a dent. While neither UPS or FedEx is exactly careful with the boxes, most of the damage is caused by improper packing which is done at HO.

Yea, the box was fine. I do think that they are going to have to look at how/where they pack it for customers. The edge of the box is not a good thing! It definately needs to be in the middle with that puffy thing around it!

Is this a Fed Ex thing...or A PC thing? Does this always happen with new Item shipments?

I think it's a pc thing. The box was completely undamaged.

Could you hear the trifle bowl inside. Usually my UPS guy would always tell me if he heard broken stuff and would send stuff right back instantlt?

Wow, they must of really tossed that box around for that to break.

I am hearing so many things being broken. What a PITA!!!! I haven't gotten my stuff yet, hopefully today and hopefully in one piece!!

I think that the bowl isn't packed very well. When I took out the box with the stand it almost fell on the floor and then when i did open the rest of that box there were dime sizes of pieces that fell on the floor. I thought that maybe it was my fault because it was very cold he yesterday, about 25° and it sat on my porch for several hours and now I don't know wha to do. Should I call HO or what? It could be my fault,

~

I didn't have anything broken, but I was surprised that all my big SA & my Trifle bowl were all in the same box; with only one of those gray foamy things around them.

letscook04 said:
Wow, they must of really tossed that box around for that to break.
When you consider all the boxes that the shipping companies process it's no surprise that items break. That's why they have to be packed well.

My trifle bowl and large round platter (that I earned) were in a box by themselves and fine but the director product box was so packed that there was no "packing" in it - not even bubble wrap. Both broken pieces were on the bottom of the box.

If PC is going to sell breakable things they need to train the "co-workers" on how to pad those boxes.

BTW: I HATE those packing foams they use! Since they changed to them the amount of proken pieces has really increased.

JillySue: It has nothing to do with the new item shipping - it happens all the time.

I just received my items. The trifle isn't broken...it's missing!:eek:

The little slip congratulating me for earning it is there, but not the bowl itself. Oh well, I figure the shipping department has been in overdrive this month, so I'm not really complaining. One call to HO and my bowl will be on its way. :)

whiteyteresa said:
I think that the bowl isn't packed very well. When I took out the box with the stand it almost fell on the floor and then when i did open the rest of that box there were dime sizes of pieces that fell on the floor. I thought that maybe it was my fault because it was very cold he yesterday, about 25° and it sat on my porch for several hours and now I don't know wha to do. Should I call HO or what? It could be my fault,

~
It was broken in shipping. A customer would have opened it just as you did. Get a replacement. And it was probably already broken anyway!

I think we all need to contact HO about getting things packed in the individual product boxes better from the manufacturers. If enough of us complain, they'll make that a part of the bidding process for the tool makers to get the business.
I haven't gotten my spring stuff yet, but now I'm worried.

Wow, you ladies have me really worried. Mine will be handled by USPS and then the Military postal system. I'm really concerned that something will arrive broken now. (Crossing my fingers.)

I got all mine yesterday and none of it was broken. I had the trifle bowl and the SA round platter in one box with 1 piece of foamy stuff and everything else that was level 2 in another box. No problems now that I know you have to put the PC logo down when you use the pedistal for the trifle bowl.

mine was broken very odd... the bowl was fine, but the stand that was packed inside of the bowl in a box was shattered... Can't explain that one:confused:

whiteyteresa said:

~

Teresa, if it were delivered to a customer it could possibly sit in the cold for several hours. Both HO and FedEx have to make allowances for that. Call HO.

I was actually at home when my stuff was delivered. I heard a big thud and then my doorbell rang. I was still in my PJ's so I waited until the FEDEX guy left to get my box. I opened it immediately. The stuff inside was freezing cold, so WhiteyTeresa I really don't think your breakage was your fault at all. More likely a combination of bad packaging and rough handling by the FEDEX guy. BTW, my stuff was undamaged.

Sitting on the porch for a while is no different from being on the truck, either. The cargo areas of the delivery vehicles are not climate controlled.

My trifle bowl is expected to be delivered tomorrow. I will be gone all day but will open it first thing when I get home and check it!

lacychef said:
I didn't have anything broken, but I was surprised that all my big SA & my Trifle bowl were all in the same box; with only one of those gray foamy things around them.

I didn't even have a gray foamy thing around mine! Fortuantely everything seems to be in tact...all I had was some bubble wrap on top and bottom of the box.

Not in pieces, but . . .My TB is defective! The glass on the top half of the stand has a bumpy ridge on it, so the bowl wobbles, and there is glue all over the underside of the stand. When you pick up the stand it sticks to your hand! Not only that, but the top of the stand is glued to the bottom of the stand, not a good design IMHO, and it is off center. So far, not impressed! I called HO and they are sending me a shipping label to send it back--not happy about that either. Why wouldn't FedEx come pick it up? I just got it yesterday!
I really hope the new one I get is in better shape. I talked to another cons. in my cluster who's bowl is in the same bad shape. Sounds liked they rushed production on this one.

That sucks everyone is having trouble with these! I should get my TB today, but am scared to see what condition it is in!!

mine is broken too, and am on hold with PC for 23 minutes right now!!! Ughhh
Also I was missing 4 items from my director box...
My trifle bowl has a huge imperfection on one side...looks like a huge gouge scratch...and then directly across from that is a big crack...not in pieces...so everyone check carefully

What a bummer! I'm definetly going to reinspect everything. I was so delighted, and did make sure I had everything~ it was all there, and no damage (or so I think!) But I'll take another look at the Trifle Bowl. I'm sorry for everyone that is let down about getting their package...but you know that HO will make it right and usually very quickly!

I keep reading these posts and picturing a stop sell notice coming out from HO so they can have a word with the manufacturer about quality and packing.
NOOOOOO!!!!

I ordered my trifle bowl with my sample package and it is suppose to be here Tuesday. I am really worried about it now. And if they are coming all scratched and deformed how are we suppose to feel comfortable pushing these for our customers to buy?

I know that beakages have been happening but something that is not shaped or made right is a hurried production or inferior materials or something. If they are going to put new products out they need to make sure they are up to standard before they release them. Even if that means not releasing as many new items at a time. PC is suppose to be about QUALITY and what I am hearing is not reassuring me these new items are quality!

I need to go play with my SAT stuff more to make sure none of mine needs to go back.

And I know PC is paying to ship these things back but I still do not like having to deal with the bother of shipping them back. When I get something whether I pay for it or earn it for free I expect it to be right and for me to not have to go to a lot of trouble to make it right. If this happens to our customers as much as it is happening to us these last few days imagine what kind of affect it could have on our business?

Yup,Mine arrived yesterday and the bowl was perfect but the stand, which is packed in a box inside the bowl, was shattered into a million pieces. Here's the weird thing: When I called HO, they offered to arrange a pick up for it. The guy arrived first thing this morning. I hadn't even boxed it yet, so I just put the reference number on it and asked if he would tape it up for me. I was disappointed they wouldn't just send out another base. But I guess they have major quality issues on their hands with the packaging. Neither box showed any sign of damage.

love2cook05 said:
I didn't even have a gray foamy thing around mine! Fortuantely everything seems to be in tact...all I had was some bubble wrap on top and bottom of the box.

I just had 1 thin sheet of bubble wrap on the bottom~ :confused:

JoyfulChef said:

Mine was the same way on the bottom of the bowl there was a deep scratch but it was usuable. I decided to put in a product adjustment online. They are sending me an new one!;)

Mine is OK!!!!
there was no bubble wrap---I haven't opened the other stuff though---:D
Not sure how stable it will be in 2 pieces tho--someone handling it --not expecting 2 pieces may have a problem--but it stores nicely--I :D like having a lid!!

I"m thinking there needs to be some sort of bubble wrap around the bowl, inside it's own box. This is CRAZINESS! What happens when we can sell it in March and they all start to arrive broken???? Explain that one to your customers. Well, we have this great new trifle bowl, but you may or may not have to send it back when you get it......

Okay, so my sample order came today, and my changeover box, but no trifle bowl... I thought the bowl would be the first thing I would get because I earned it and I didn't earn any products. I checked my records and had the two shows 12/1-12/15 so I don't know if I am being impatient or something is wrong...

I don't have mine either! (and like you Gillian, I didn't earn anything in the sell-a-thon.) I was really expecting to come home and find it today. I did try to look up a shipment date by following the directions on another thread about pretending to do a product adjustment without the show number, but all that shows up there is my change-over kit (which I haven't received yet either!!!!!!)

Glad to know I'm not the only one! Wouldn't that have been a nice B-day present for you Gillian?

even with the big thud...
Karen Hodge said:
I was actually at home when my stuff was delivered. I heard a big thud and then my doorbell rang. I was still in my PJ's so I waited until the FEDEX guy left to get my box. I opened it immediately. The stuff inside was freezing cold, so WhiteyTeresa I really don't think your breakage was your fault at all. More likely a combination of bad packaging and rough handling by the FEDEX guy. BTW, my stuff was undamaged.

Your stuff was alright, the thud itself would've freightened me!

gilliandanielle said:
Okay, so my sample order came today, and my changeover box, but no trifle bowl... I thought the bowl would be the first thing I would get because I earned it and I didn't earn any products. I checked my records and had the two shows 12/1-12/15 so I don't know if I am being impatient or something is wrong...

This is talked on another thread. We think that first they are sending out to everyone who earned the sell a thon stuff w/the trifle bowl, then (hopefully) after that they are sending out the trifle bowl. I earned level 1 and my stuff came together with the trifle bowl. I was trying to find any reading material stating when the bowl will be shipped.

Luckily, my TB was OK. But I wish there was tape on the box that the pedestal comes in.

BethCooks4U said:
While neither UPS or FedEx is exactly careful with the boxes, most of the damage is caused by improper packing which is done at HO.
I so agree.....I have said this all along, I think alot of the broke items are coming out of our warehouse. Just like the stoneware, I don't think the packaging needed to be changed they just needed to put the tabs down before they shipped them out. I can't even tell you how many pieces I had come in broke (that should not have been if it was packaged properly).

Swirl said:
I think alot of the broke items are coming out of our warehouse. Just like the stoneware, I don't think the packaging needed to be changed they just needed to put the tabs down before they shipped them out. I can't even tell you how many pieces I had come in broke (that should not have been if it was packaged properly).

They come to the PC warehouse that way from the manufacturer. The PC warehouse staff just picks things off pallets and puts them into the shipping boxes. It would take them forever if they had to open each box and make sure that the internal protections were in place.

If you get a product that is not packaged properly, please let HO know. If they get enough complaints, they can take it to the manufacturers.

chefann said:
They come to the PC warehouse that way from the manufacturer. The PC warehouse staff just picks things off pallets and puts them into the shipping boxes. It would take them forever if they had to open each box and make sure that the internal protections were in place.

If you get a product that is not packaged properly, please let HO know. If they get enough complaints, they can take it to the manufacturers.
Good point! But I think that HO also has to be sure to pad the boxes properly. The new products I earned made it here fine - had bubble wrap and packing material. The director box had 2 broken items - no bubble wrap or anything.

letscook04 said:
This is talked on another thread. We think that first they are sending out to everyone who earned the sell a thon stuff w/the trifle bowl, then (hopefully) after that they are sending out the trifle bowl. I earned level 1 and my stuff came together with the trifle bowl. I was trying to find any reading material stating when the bowl will be shipped.

Thanks for the clarification! I go my paperwork package but no trifle bowl. I didn't earn any sell-a-thon products, so I guess that's the delay. But after reading this thread, I'm scared to see how many millions of pieces my trifle bowl will arrive in!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • BeckyC5830
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • pamperedgirl3
  • Products and Tips
Replies