• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Hosts Don't Want All This Fat!!

In summary, the pampered chef recipes are not good for you if you are trying to lose weight. There are many healthy, low-fat recipes that can be made with the WOW factor. The cookbook for this is the "It's Good for You!" cookbook.
louisecurtishome
I love all the pampered chef recipes but, let's be honest, they're not exactly good for you. My hosts are screaming out for healthy, low fat recipes with the WOW factor (Is that possible). I don't have the cook books yet as I am only in my second month. I've gained 16 pounds myself in the last two months. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Get the "It's Good for You" cookbook. This would be the one for them.

There is a thread that was started with 2 great websites with tons of recipes. So many PC recipes use fresh veggies and there are many alternatives to the "fatty" recipes. Just do some searching, and you'll find the perfect recipes for your shows. You can scroll back on the recipe threads here and find lots of older PC recipes that might be new to you. Or just convert some of your favorite low-cal recipes using your new PC tools. Hope this helps...

Harvest Chicken SaladHarvest Chicken salad is my favorite. It tastes great, and low calorie- recipe attached.

Attachments

• Harvest Chicken Salad.doc
    23 KB · Views: 397
Here are some I have collected from the past few seasons of the SBRC. all but one I have made or eaten myself. All would be good show recipes.

You can also do recipe searches on CC and type in an ingredient to search for. It will give you full recipes for the ones that are in the SBRC or on the use & care cards. It will only tell you the page #'s for the cookbooks.

Attachments

• Healthier demo recipes.doc
    31 KB · Views: 552
mrssyvo said:
Harvest Chicken salad is my favorite. It tastes great, and low calorie- recipe attached.

This was going to be my suggestion!!

Any salad will do...

Colossal Chopped Salad (current SBRC)
Harvest Chicken Salad
Mandarin Pasta Salad

STOP EATING WHAT YOU MAKE!

I agree--stick with salads or anything from the "It's Good for You!" cookbook.

louisecurtishome said:
I love all the pampered chef recipes but, let's be honest, they're not exactly good for you. My hosts are screaming out for healthy, low fat recipes with the WOW factor (Is that possible). I don't have the cook books yet as I am only in my second month. I've gained 16 pounds myself in the last two months. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I agree - stop eating what you make! I never eat at my shows and my tester receipes are tasted (unless they substitute a meal).
There are tons of low-fat, "good" for you receipes, look at the receipe file here and I am sure you'll find some. Good luck.

I never eat at my shows either.

DebbieJ said:

I NEVER eat at my shows either! I think it looks bad to eat food that your host bought for their guests and I also think it looks bad that you're not eating it. Oh well, I don't need the extra weight!:eek:

ChefAnn posted a great (and complete) list of Weight Watchers Points for PC recipes.....even if you don't have the cookbooks, you could cross reference the points list with recipes from the websites already posted.....and there are usually several recipes in the Season's Best cookbooks that are "light" recipes. I don't think it would be too difficult to find healthier recipes - it seems PC is going more in that direction all the time!

DebbieJ said:

I'm in the minority here... I always try what I make. All of my hostesses have always encouraged me to eat, and of course, I always do what my hostesses want! Some may say it's unprofessional, but I like to think it makes me look like "one of the crowd." My show averages are upward of $600, so it's working ok for me.

One guests told me that she had been to a PC show years before mine and the consultant wouldn't touch the food. She started to think, what was wrong with it?

Now I will admit, I rarely eat all of what I am offered. But I always accept it. I am being extremely careful with my diet, so often end up discreetly not eating more than a bite.

Just goes to show you that PC is differnet for everyone.

If the hostess continually offers it after a few no-thank-you's, I will usually accept and take a small bite-sized portion.As for trying the recipes at home, that is where I am gaining the weight!!

I rarely eat at my shows. Of course, my guests begin eating when they arrive, so it's a little different. I'm busy answering questions and such. After the demo I usually get a glass of ice water. I haven't had a lot of trouble with hosts urging food on me. If one did, though, I would take a little just to be polite.

Another alternative is to use low fat and fat free products. I made the Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle last weekend with fat free cream cheese and whipped topping. Yes, the pound cake had fat, but the rest of it didn't.

cmdtrgd said:
Another alternative is to use low fat and fat free products. I made the Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle last weekend with fat free cream cheese and whipped topping. Yes, the pound cake had fat, but the rest of it didn't.

I've thought about trying the Lime-BErry Trifle with Angel Food instead of PoundCake....that would lighten it up immensly!

raebates said:
I rarely eat at my shows. Of course, my guests begin eating when they arrive, so it's a little different. I'm busy answering questions and such. After the demo I usually get a glass of ice water. I haven't had a lot of trouble with hosts urging food on me. If one did, though, I would take a little just to be polite.

That's what I meant by I never eat at my shows. I'm too busy to stop! I will take a bite if it is served to me, though.

I try to practice my PC recipes on days when I have a meeting to go to or somewhere that I need to bring food. That way I don't eat it. :)

If I practice it and serve it for dinner, well of course then I eat.

The weight watcher lists can be found by going to the files section and searching on "weight".

DebbieJ said:
That's what I meant by I never eat at my shows. I'm too busy to stop! I will take a bite if it is served to me, though.

I try to practice my PC recipes on days when I have a meeting to go to or somewhere that I need to bring food. That way I don't eat it. :)

If I practice it and serve it for dinner, well of course then I eat.

Thats exactly what I do!

Chicken Caesar Salad WrapsAt my show on 10th I did the Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps and they were huge hit with the WW crowd I was in front of. :D

I think if you refer to the WW points sheet that ChefAnn supplied us with and look for the lower numbered items you would be doing a fairly good for you recipe (my best friend tells me that 4-6 points is an average meal point value so look for that range) then look in the files section here for the recipes if not there ask and someone could post if for you. :D

Attachments

• Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps - Show.doc
    39 KB · Views: 336
  • Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps - Shopping list.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 317
Thank You AllI pop out for a few hours and it seems the whole of America has been active helping me solve my little difficulty. Thank you all so much. This is a fabulous forum. I don't eat at shows, however I have become a completely obsessive cook, scouring through recipes and presenting my family with a steady stream of food which of course HAS to be tasted by me. Good news is that because I cook so much my knowledge of the PC tools has increased tremendously (with my waistline) and that has been reflected in my presentations. Thank you again. You have all helped me simplify the problem and it's great to know that there is fantastic support available.

I wonder if we can use a gym membership as a tax write-off?

cmdtrgd said:
I wonder if we can use a gym membership as a tax write-off?

hehe, That would be pretty funny to explain that one to the IRS!

I am in the minority too! I always eat at my shows, even when I wasn't pregnant... now that I am the hosts all insist that I sit down and eat with everyone. I take a 5 min break when everyone else is eating so they can have a talk break. I don't like to talk while people are eating because when I talk about something I pass it around and don't want to make people juggle! After 5-10 mins I get everyone's attention again and talk about products I didn't use in the demo while I pass them around. It shortens my demo and my hosts rave about not having to "attend class" for 45 mins while everyone is starving!

cmdtrgd said:

Kate me too! But I substituted Angel Food Cake as well...didn't notice much difference!

For you WW members out there...these three little changes (now, I also used frozen berries so that upped it a little but not much) made the recipe go from 7 pts a serving to 2.5! And there are 16 servings in the trifle...the original recipe is 112 pts and this was about 41-44!

And Louise, I noticed this problem when I joined too. Though it was more me spending too much time every night on my butt doing biz stuff instead of working out!

The excuse I use at shows when someone offers is that "I test all my recipes at home first, so I've had it...why don't you guys enjoy it?" Usually then they finish it all or take home leftovers! And I do make subsitutions in a lot recipes when I test them at home, like I mentioned above. You make this work the way you need it to!

I eat at my shows if everyone else has eaten and there's some left. I liken it to airplane mechanics that won't fly in the plane when they're done working on it! I want to make sure everyone else has their chance, but sometimes it's my first stab at a recipe and I want to taste some too!

Related to My Hosts Don't Want All This Fat!!

What are some tips for reducing fat in Pampered Chef recipes?

1. Use leaner cuts of meat: Instead of using a high-fat protein like ground beef, opt for leaner options like ground turkey or chicken breast.

2. Swap out full-fat dairy: Use low-fat or non-fat versions of ingredients like milk, cheese, and yogurt in your recipes.

3. Use cooking methods that don't require added fat: Grilling, roasting, and steaming are all great options for cooking without added fat.

4. Experiment with herbs and spices: Instead of relying on fat for flavor, try using herbs, spices, and citrus juices to add flavor to your dishes.

5. Choose healthy fats: When a recipe does call for fat, opt for healthier options like olive oil or avocado instead of butter or vegetable oil.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • krzymomof4
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
krzymomof4
  • EmilyStraw