• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Facebook Adventure: Keeping Up with My Cousin!

In summary, the conversation revolves around the use of Facebook and its various features. Some people find it useful for keeping in touch with friends and family, while others enjoy playing games like Scramble. However, there are also concerns about the safety of Facebook's add-ons and the clutter caused by too many applications. Some participants have also mentioned using Facebook to keep an eye on their teenagers. Overall, opinions on Facebook are mixed, with some finding it addictive and others not using it regularly.
rennea
Gold Member
Just recently my cousin ask me to get a facebook account to keep in touch. Anybody else use facebook? I kind of like it, I play scramble a lot on it. Kind of addicting:eek:

I have an account to keep in touch with the summer staff at camp...don't log on much. All the add-ons are a pain in the butt and although it's not myspace, the application add-ons aren't really safe. I get tired of the clutter...

janetupnorth said:
I have an account to keep in touch with the summer staff at camp...don't log on much. All the add-ons are a pain in the butt and although it's not myspace, the application add-ons aren't really safe. I get tired of the clutter...

Yup on the clutter, I think they are changing it up to stop the "spam". I do love the visual bookshelf, scramble, and trip advisor though. I tend not to accept a lot of stuff that sent to me.

I tried it, I don't like it, but keep the account anyway. I havent logged on in probably a month!

I am on it all of the time I love it

I set up an account because my teenagers have accounts. Now I can see what they are up to! I love it because I have found friends of mine that I had lost touch with!!!

I had a myspace (still do, I suppose) to keep up with my little brother. I really didn't like it.My best friend talked me into trying facebook, and I love it! I like that they email me when I get messages (since some people send messages just through that or myspace instead of emailing - very annoying to me!), and I am addicted to Pieces of Flair!!

I haven't figured out how to use it yet - I should have one of my teenage daughters teach me!

Stampaholic1961 said:
I set up an account because my teenagers have accounts. Now I can see what they are up to! I love it because I have found friends of mine that I had lost touch with!!!

Same here, have a teenager and need to keep track of what he is doing :)
I don't do much else with it though.

Do you facebook?

I usually do when I am reading a book. Can't do it through osmosis!:D

Sorry I had to before KG did;)

I love it! - It helps me keep in touch with friends who live far away. :)

I LOVE Facebook. I have a myspace page too, but I don't like it as much. I started it to keep tabs on my daughter.....but got myself hooked.

I find out some very intresting things about my employees as well;)

ok - I signed up - now what do I do??? I need a lesson!!

I am NOT a good person to ask for a lesson --- My SISTER signed me up, downloaded my photos initially (which is sad - because it is REALLY NOT HARD TO DO), etc. She also set my Privacy Options for me (so just FRIENDS can view my Profile), which I really like.

I like seeing everyone photos and reading their status. :) Other than that, I am not into FUNWALL and a lot of the other APPS, especially when they ask you to INVITE 20 FRIENDS.... - man, does that even p*ss me off - lol.

Some of the APPS are pretty personal - you TOTALLY learn more about your 'friends' - LMAO.

I am on both Facebook and Myspace, but don't use it daily. I like it to keep up with friends and family that are not close. And, I LOVE Scrable on Facebook.

PamperedDor said:
ok - I signed up - now what do I do??? I need a lesson!!

Really depends on what your looking to do. If you just want to connect with friends and family then you just do a search for their name in the left hand corner. You can also search for different intrests. I love to read so looked up visual bookself and now I can read reviews on books and also keep track of books I have already read. So really depends what your intrests are.

stefani2 said:
I am NOT a good person to ask for a lesson --- My SISTER signed me up, downloaded my photos initially (which is sad - because it is REALLY NOT HARD TO DO), etc. She also set my Privacy Options for me (so just FRIENDS can view my Profile), which I really like.

I like seeing everyone photos and reading their status. :) Other than that, I am not into FUNWALL and a lot of the other APPS, especially when they ask you to INVITE 20 FRIENDS.... - man, does that even p*ss me off - lol.

Some of the APPS are pretty personal - you TOTALLY learn more about your 'friends' - LMAO.

Funwall was one of the first things I added to my page, didn't know at the time what it was. I think it's stupid:p People send stupid stupid stuff!! Of course it also depends on who your friends are. LOL

Some of the things posted of FUNWALL are pretty funny - but you get SO MANY! and LOTS of doubles, triples, etc. It is frustrating to look at someone Profile Page and see nothing but funwall posts and posts and posts. :yuck:

I'm much more of a myspace fan than facebook. I think, maybe it depends on whatever you signed up for first. I was on myspace first and facebook just doesn't seem as user friendly to me. I've been on it for months, maybe even a year and it still takes me 5 minutes of clicking around before I find the right thing so that I can upload a new pic.
I've heard (and this may have changed) that facebook will take your info and sell it and I don't like that.

I have a myspace account and love it. I also have a facebook account...to keep up with my teenage son. However, myspace seems more private to me...maybe its just because teens let everyone know everything. My employees are teens also and I find out a lot of stuff just by checking my facebook account and looking at their accounts. The wall is a bad thing. It is not private at all...everyone can see what is written there. But, it helps me because everytime one of those teenagers post something about a party, sex, trouble at school, etc. I can talk to my son about it. I have told them over and over that you shouldn't put anything on there that you don't want your mother to read...apparently they don't mind their mom's reading that stuff.

I don't do add-ons or apps. Actually my favorite site of this type is yahoo 360 but not many of my friends or family use it.

I have a facebook page. It has been wonderful. I like posting videos I find on YouTube. I always post something uplifting or funny!

Everyone go check out "The Peppermint Twist" video. It is a catchy tune!

1. How can I keep up with my cousin's Facebook posts without spending too much time on the platform?

One way to keep up with your cousin's Facebook posts without spending too much time on the platform is to turn on notifications for their posts. This way, you will receive a notification whenever they make a new post, and you won't have to constantly check your newsfeed.

2. Is it possible to hide my cousin's posts without unfriending them?

Yes, it is possible to hide your cousin's posts without unfriending them. Simply go to their profile, click on the "Following" button, and select "Unfollow" from the drop-down menu. This will hide their posts from your newsfeed without unfriending them.

3. Can I change the order of my cousin's posts on my newsfeed?

Yes, you can change the order of your cousin's posts on your newsfeed by using the "Sort" feature. Simply click on the three dots on the top right corner of your newsfeed, select "Most Recent," and your cousin's posts will appear in chronological order.

4. How can I see more of my cousin's posts on my newsfeed?

If you want to see more of your cousin's posts on your newsfeed, you can prioritize their posts by going to their profile, clicking on the "Following" button, and selecting "See First" from the drop-down menu. This will ensure that their posts appear at the top of your newsfeed.

5. Can I limit what my cousin can see on my Facebook profile?

Yes, you can limit what your cousin can see on your Facebook profile by adjusting your privacy settings. You can choose to hide specific posts, photos, or personal information from certain friends, including your cousin. You can also create custom lists to control who sees your posts and updates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Harrisdm
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • meginsf